You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Thought It Was My Dad

Real Ghost Stories

I Thought It Was My Dad

 

This happened in Davao City where I grew up. I was 15 years old. We live in a small gated house with two back doors and no garage. My parents are teachers and they come home usually around 7-8 pm. My older sister was a college student at that time and she comes home around the same time, sometimes later. So I'm always the first to get home. It was just a regular day and after arriving from school, I just slumped in our bamboo chair in the living room watching TV and waiting for everyone to arrive so we could eat dinner together. Our dog back then was sleeping soundly by the backdoor near our dining area. This door is adjacent to our kitchen located outside. She loves to wait by this door since this is where my dad, mom, and sister enters. Their daily habit is to go to the kitchen to leave their shoes because that's where we keep them, then go inside the house through the dining area.

I was just killing time watching T.V. When our gate opened. It's a creaky gate so you'd really know when someone enters. As soon as I heard it, I assumed it was my dad mainly because I also heard the sound his crutch makes when he walks. Our dog began whining and wagged her tail rapidly like she was very excited. Dad is her favorite person. I was too lazy to greet my dad so I just waited 'til he would come in. Our dog however was already scratching the door asking me to let her out but I didn't budge. So I listened as my dad walked all the way to the kitchen and unlocked its door.

Now our kitchen door is locked using a very long chain that's wound up a few times. So he was making a loud noise unwinding this because you have to drag it, while our dog got even more excited. Then there was silence. I thought dad was just taking his time and was maybe reading the paper or something. Our dog also got tired of waiting that she laid down on her stomach again.

After five minutes or so, our gate opened once more and I heard my dad walked from the gate to the kitchen and unlocked it like it was deja vu. I was puzzled because I didn't hear him get out of the kitchen or the gate. The thing is, my dad uses his crutch all the time, and it always creaked when he walks. And as I said, our gate creaks as well. This time, I went to the kitchen to meet him, and there he was looking like he just arrived with his bag and our dinner. I asked him right away if he came in earlier and went out, he said he didn't.

What really bothers me is what or who I would have seen had I greeted the person who came in before my dad.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marion0323, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

haunted_childhood (34 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-11)
A little late to the party, but if you'll look up a thing called "forerunners", you'll find this happens a lot more often than you'd think. It's a commonn (though still mysterious) occurrence.
marion0323 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Thanks for your kind words Sam22.
When this happened, I was not scared. Just curious. But when you put it that way... Now that's creepy. 😨
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I was reading this last night, and wow was this interesting, I believe you 100%. I something came to my mind when you said "what or who I would have seen had I greeted the person who came in before my dad". I that you would have met something bad. It think something was trying to make you think it was your dad so that you'd go in the kitchen and Something would happen I'm not sure what but good thing you didn't. I'm pretty curious to what it would have been too. Thanks for sharing your story, it was interesting to read.:D
marion0323 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
I only experienced this once. My mother on the other hand had shared that she's had similar experiences everytime my dad is about to arrive so it was nothing new to her. She would hear him walk and make his familiar coughing sound when he clears his throat. She has never seen an image, and my dad would arrive usually after five minutes. I shared this story with my sister just recently, and she said she never had that kind of encounter. My dad knows about this too. He said someone told him he had an "abyan" or unseen accompany.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
marion0323 - like elnoraemily I believe this could be energy. Living residual energy is what we create by repeating the same act over and over. Like your dad's coming home routine. I don't know enough about it, realistically, to tell you whether or not you would have seen an image of your dad, or if what happened that night is the only thing that would have happened. My thoughts would be conjecture only.

I have a similar situation in my home and have yet to decide/figure out if it is a ghost or living residual energy.

I enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
It sounds almost like an energy trail. Maybe your surroundings were manifesting a familiar event?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: