You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Great Uncle's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Great Uncle's Ghost

 

Back on 1984, my great uncle passed away in my home. Ever since I was little I always maintained that there was a presence the house (it belonged to my grandmother at the time) and very few people believed me (unless they had an expierence of their own).

When both of my children were babies they used to laugh and giggle at an unseen force, and as they grew older they used speak to the air and seem to be holding a conversation. My husband doesn't believe there is a spirit in our home but on occasion he has seen and heard things too that he cannot explain.

Most of the time my uncle is seen in the kitchen (where he passed) or by a large mirror in our front entrance. In the kitchen he seems to be wearing "work clothes" (brown and dirty- he was a carpenter and a mason after an honerable discharge from the US Army). In the mirror he is dressed in a dark coat and a hat (almost like he is going out for a night on the town). We also have orbs in many photos taken in the house.

One night I was unable to sleep. It was nice out so I decided to sit on our front stoop and star gaze a while. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a figure in my doorway. A full grown man in a grey suit was standing at my door and as quickly as he appeared he vanished.

The next morning we received a phone call saying that my great aunt (his wife) had lost her battle with cancer.

I know it sounds farfetched but it happened, and the minute I saw him I even texted my cousin to tell her about the experience (Prior to finding out my aunt passed. 2AM texts have become the norm for us...).

This is my first story so comment away! I have many more to come!

SIDENOTE: He also built the house with his father and his other brother. I firmly believe his energy is attached here because of all the blood, sweat, and tears he put into building this house for his beloved sister.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CJEbs22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CJEbs22 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
You are so right doe-eyedharu! After Superstorm Sandy we were the only house on the block without foundation damage. We lost a lot and had 8 feet of water in the house but we still had a house, which is more than I can say for other people on my street/community. Family is so important and it feels so nice to know that they are still watching out from us when they are on the other side.

Thank you sushantkar! It definitely feels residual most of the time but other times it fees as though he is trying to convey a message. There are times when he is seen in different areas in the house than the normal areas he "haunts" and something always seems to happen in that particular room. Either way, iIt's nice knowing he's here and he is welcome to stay as long as he wishes!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Hello CJEbs22! Nice story. It seems like a residual haunting.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

With regards
doe-eyedharu (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I think your uncle is very much attached to the house and he is keeping a watch over it. I think its a blessing to have our family members around, even after their lifetime. I could feel that my uncle's spirit was protecting me as I grew up. (He left us when I was 15). ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: