You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Leaning Against The Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Leaning Against The Wall

 

This is not actually my story. This is a story my sister told me happened to her while she lived in our house. At the time she was an 10th or 11th grader which means I would have been a 5th or 6th grader. I had had no paranormal experiences at this point but my sister had had a few.

My sister had had a fever the past few days and my mother and I had been taking care of her. Making sure she drank plenty of fluids. I made her a lot of Jell-o (cause it was the only thing she could stomach). Anyways back to the story at hand.

It was one of the last nights she had her fever (had it for almost a week). She told me that she woke up with an awful headache and that she was reaching for some Advil on her bedside table when she saw someone. Now at the time SHE had the tree with the white Christmas lights on it as her nightlight, and this figure stood about 2-3 feet from it leaning against the wall with its arms crossed and its head bowed so she could not see its face. She knew instantly though that it was a boy around her age.

When it looked up at her she was afraid but felt no anger towards her from the ghost. He almost seemed human, she said, with black hair and bright blue-green eyes that just looked at her in a dead way (since he was dead). He was dressed in all black. As she told me: black jeans, black boots, black tank top and leather jacket and black motorcycle gloves. The only color she saw was a small gold loop ring in his right ear and his eyes.

As she told me, he slid away from the wall and just looked at her and walked across the room to her side. She was half hidden under the covers with them pulled up to her nose just looking up at him. He reached a hand out and layed it over her forehead and she said his hands were cold yet somehow warm at the same time. It made no sense to us at the time. Instantly her headache was gone, like it had never been there in the first place. As she watched he leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead before leaning away.

Suddenly she said he looked around nervously, as if someone were watching him. He walked back over to the wall he had been leaning against and my sister said he vanished into thin air and that all she heard from him was "Goodbye..."

Being a 5th-6th grader you can imagine how interested I was in this story. My sister has never seen that ghost again. I have also never witnessed it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Searching_Stars, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Searching_Stars (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Thanks for all your comments.

No, my sister was not a chronic smoker.

I can agree that it is possible that she was hallucinating but I really don't know whether that is true or not. It's her word against yours but everyone can express their own opinions. I personally think she was telling the truth.:)

This was not a passing family member. My sister and I asked our grandparents and aunts and uncles and couldn't find anyone fitting the description. My mother doesn't believe in ghosts so she thinks my sister and I imagined the experiences we had. We learned to not talk to her about it.

Thank you guys for your opinions. They mean a lot.:)
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Searching_stars - Have you guys ever asked your parents or someone in the family if this could be a family member that passed? That's what comes to my head first. Looking forward to hearing more! Thanks.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
I do have to what sushantkar already brought up. Fevers cause a mind to do strange things. You can very vividly hallucinate, especially after being sick and feverish for a while- and unable to eat much as well.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Sorry to interject, but...
Sushantkar, we have, unfortunately, published stories that have later turned out to be fiction. It isn't always obvious, sometimes the fiction isn't exposed until later. It's depressing, but true. Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. I like to think most of what we publish is true, but experience has taught me that sometimes it just aint. Be open minded, sure, but maintain some skepticism. We editors aren't all knowing, and sometimes we get hoodwinked, and in turn so do the readers.
Trust me, we kick ourselves when it happens.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Hi ifihadyoux! Sorry! But what does it means 'if it is true'?
If it is not true or simply based on fiction; it won't get published.
People here share their experiences amongst those who believe in paranormal or supernatural entities.

Regards
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Uhhh... Your sister's story seems awesome if it is true! I always enjoy reading your stories.
SkyBeLowUs (8 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
Not to make light (also no pun intended) of your story, but was your sister by chance a smoker? Sounds to me, in combination with her fever, she might have been craving the Marbro Man to pay her a visit (also instant ceasation of smoking can cause headaches, amongst other things). Just a thought.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
I think what your sister had seen was mainly due her fever Searching_Stars. When you are out of your fitness, your mind could play tricks.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: