You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Knocking On My Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Knocking On My Wall

 

I live in a small home in the suburbs of Chicago with my husband and 3 cats. As far as I know, nothing bad has ever happened here but the home was built in 1954, so the possibility is there I guess, for a tragedy to have happened at some point.

We always get the feeling of being watched, and except for one brief episode of my husband hearing a low growling in our bedroom, nothing scary has ever happened.

My cat seems to interact with something only she can see, and actually get up on her hind legs, almost nightly, in one part of the hallway where we feel most of the energy.

The other night I was sitting up alone and just before 2 a.m. I heard a distinct knocking on the wall, about 12 feet from where I was seated. The cats looked in the direction but weren't afraid, and so I wasn't either. Any thoughts on this?

I have video of my cat playing and of the knocking that I could share if you wish.

Other things that have happened include us believing the other walked by in the hallway when we didn't.

My dad's hat flew off a high shelf in a guest hallway closet and landed on my head, hard, while there was no one there to disturb it.

When my son and his wife stay with us my daughter in law has complained about being nervous to get up and use the bathroom in the middle of the night because she feels she has to quickly look behind her because someone is watching her.

I've never really feel afraid except for the knocking the other night was a bit unsettling, and something new and was wondering if anyone else has had experience with something like this. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JudyW, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-07)
JudyW, on most occasions the intent of intelligent knocking is a last ditch effort from our spiritual friends on the other side wishing to let us know they are still around? May I ask in the last 8 months have any family members or friends crossed over and are the knocks coming in three's?
'
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-21)
Welcome to YGS.

JudyW - I think it would be a good idea to look into the history of the house.
Reading your narrative makes me wonder about the possibility of two spirits 'living' in your house, one of them protective and the other one not necessarily malicious, but not exactly friendly and loving.

How long have you been living in this house? Have you ever tried to perform a cleansing or a blessing of the place?
You could try asking for help according to your religious preferences or, if you want, try the 'Home cleansing/shielding method' of one of the members of the forum explained in the following link:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: