You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Room On The Left

Real Ghost Stories

The Room On The Left

 

My house is divided into two portions. The upper portion is always empty since my grandmother used to live there but now she doesn't, she lives somewhere else so it's always closed. The lower portion is where I live with my family.

Now the upper portion is further divided into a little apartment type of area. The rest has two separate rooms opposite to each other. The room on the left side is the guest room, which is mostly always empty too. I have always feared that room, I just don't know why. Probably because I feel a presence sort of thing or as if someone's watching me the whole time.

A few days ago I was up there because all our computer system is set up upstairs. Damn that. As soon as I was about to leave, I left one light on purposely before exiting the room and leaving the door open too. The moment I stepped down on the first step of the stairs, I heard the click of the light switch and it turned off on its own.

After that, of course, I was scared so I kind of quickly ran down stairs and into my room, taking long deep breaths. For a few days I didn't go upstairs without bringing anyone with me. And now even I fear going up to the guest room, knowing there is something there. Especially at night.

I really wanted to get this off my chest so I just hope to get helpful feedback. Thank you. I don't tell anyone or share it with anyone, so I just thought I would share it here since I don't feel comfortable telling someone face to face. Once again, thank you for reading and helpful comments would help alot.

Other hauntings by anonymoushorror

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anonymoushorror, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
I think I am going to Mandy on this one. I have set light switches wrong before and had them move thanks to gravity and the switch system itself. If it's not set all the way up, they can fall to an off position (especially the twist light switches. I had one in my old house that was fond of twisting itself back on if it was not completely set).

I don't think you should fear it. If you are afraid of that room, you will always assume that it's out to get you. If it is a spirit, it may just have been letting you know it's there. It does not seem to be mean.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
This may not have been paranormal at all, lucky for you! It's very possible that you left the light switch in a funny position. Halfway between on and off, and when you exited the room the switch fell back into the off position. At least I know I have done that a few times. Maybe try experimenting with it a little. Just trying to offer a non paranormal explanation 😊
If you don't want to go the route of debunking natural causes, I would say that in the chance of this being an unnatural encounter, don't worry. The "spirit" seems nice enough, turning off lights and saving electricity! Next time just say thank you 😉
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
Hello anonymoushorror! Yours and mine condition are just the same as like we both are on the same boat. I had a room which previously used by my elder brother where he study and also take computer tuition classes of graduation level students. That particular room doesn't give me and my youngest brother good feelings. We always had the feeling of being watched and a weird sort of a coldness even in the peak summer season.
Every night before going to sleep it was mine responsibility to locked up every gate and doors of our ancestral house. So to counter the fear, I always take my youngest brother in order to accompany me. One night when we were following the schedule; our nightmare came in front of us. While locking up that room my youngest brother saw a black creature standing inside that room. He said to me that what was that? As I tried to shut the gate, that creature aggressively ran towards us. We threw the lock and keys and retreat from that place.
After that terrifying incident we stopped using that room. Nowadays it is being used as a store-room.
But as far as the light which gets off was might be an act of lizard. As we all know that cold blooded lizards are built their nest inside the switch boards. It might have putted extra weight on sensitive switch which leads the light went off.
Never the less, thanks for shearing it was a nice read.
Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: