You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: She Never Left

Real Ghost Stories

She Never Left

 

For years now there's been a little ghost girl in my house. She's rarely seen but heard. I can feel her staring at me in my basement, like that feeling you get when someone's watching you. I had to go upstairs once because the feeling was so powerful and I felt like someone was staring right at me. I know it's the ghost girl.

When I was about six, it was midnight and I was fast asleep. My dad was going to bed and he was walking down the hallway to get to his room. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a little girl with brown hair in a gown walk into my closet. He thought it was me and went into the closet and asked what I was doing. There was no one there. He looked at my bed and I was dead asleep. My dad decided to shake it off and declared that he was so tired that he was imagining things.

Another night about a week later, my mom heard footsteps down the hall coming toward my room. She figured it was me or my brothers getting a glass of water but the footsteps stopped right in the middle of the hallway. After that she heard a little girl quickly giggle.

I was in my room once and my acoustic guitar was out because I was taking lessons at the time. But I was in my room reading and I heard it strum all by itself, it couldn't have been my cat brushing up against it because I was the only one in my room. I got a little freaked out.

One night I was in my room getting something. I don't really remember what because this was about three years ago. I heard a voice say, "Hello!" It sounded like a little girl. The voice was high pitched. I don't have a sister either so I believe it was the little girl ghost.

About seven years ago my dad was watching TV on the couch. He turned off the TV and started to drift asleep but snapped awake when he heard a girl giggle and say, "He's sleeping!" No one around. Only him.

There are two more recent happenings. A week ago I was on the computer in my parents room. I was getting a snack and I saw a figure of a small girl out the door but disappeared after she saw me.

Two days ago my parents were in the kitchen having tea when they heard what sounded like a little kid talking. The sound was clear, but what it was saying wasn't clear.

I'm pretty sure I know who the ghost is. A very long time ago my house was originally an apple orchard with some farmers. I believe that the girl is one of the farmers daughters. One theory is that she drowned in the pond next to my house. Another is that she got sick and died, but I don't know. All I know is that she never left.

What should I do? Do you think that this is a real ghost? If so, how can I search up the history of my house? Any advice or comments are appreciated!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cherryblossom101334, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cherryblossom101334 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Hey everyone! I had an "encounter" last night. It was about 1 am and I was trying to sleep. I heard a creek like as if someone was playing with my desk. (That's the noise it makes when you're moving it.) There was then a very strong stench of rubbing alcohol. The only rubbing alcohol I have is in my bathroom down the hallway, the smell couldn't come in my room. It smelled as if someone dumped a bottle in my room. I then, for some reason, felt a strong sense of being watched, like really strong sense. Then it felt like a giant weight in my throat. The sense got so strong I slept on the living room couch for the night, lol!
cherryblossom101334 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Thanks everyone! More updates to follow very soon, I'll make sure to write down the most recent sightings. And also I meant Rook! I don't recall posting this story before, only on yahoo answers.
cherryblossom101334 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Rock, I have posted this on yahoo answers, but not this site.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I second the other posters about getting more information about the house and its past residents. Hope you keep us updated.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
rook - hmmmm...well, since I'm seriously behind on my story reading... Okay, confession time... Gotta be completely honest, I haven't read the story yet. Just the comments. Going about it totally backward 😆. I'll see if it rings a bell if I get a chance later today.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Jav,

No worries we all have those 'Doh!' Moments.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Oh man! Those are not the ones I wanted to post here. Sorry guys, I messed up and put up the wrong list, these were my "don't" list. I think I need another nap...

Sorry
Jav 😲

~don't worry, I'm not posting any more of them.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Jav,

Yeah, I did the same and 7 pages is a bit much to 'read' through.

Miracles,

Closer...but the impression I got was definitely that of Day Ja Vue (excuse my spelling... Durn that 'No Text Talk') I 'remember' reading this 'word for word'.

Shellzy,

That's what you meant by 'groundhog day' isn't it. A repeat reading or 'I've read this before' type thing?

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
rook - I only remember because this person commented on my Mansfield story and later submitted this story: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=15644. At least, I think this is the one you're talking about 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Well, there was one from December that had the girl as well. Just a stab in the dark. But it is interesting to note that when I searched the YGS site for this, I had seven pages of matching themes come up. So I'm thinking that it is another way to make contact that actually stands out for not being a knock or rap?

Just sayin'
Jav 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Jav,

Thanks for the effort, but no it's none of those...It's the O/P's mention of the guitar and the cat is the one that I recognize.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Rook I think you are correct, I thought I was having a bit of a 'groundhog day' to be honest ha ha but I'm glad someone else thinks this looks familiar!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Ummmm?Ahhhh? QUESTION!

Has this experience been published before... I ask because of these lines...

"I was in my room once and my acoustic guitar was out because I was taking lessons at the time. But I was in my room reading and I heard it strum all by itself, it couldn't have been my cat brushing up against it because I was the only one in my room. I got a little freaked out.

One night I was in my room getting something. I don't really remember what because this was about three years ago. I heard a voice say, "Hello!" It sounded like a little girl. The voice was high pitched. I don't have a sister either so I believe it was the little girl ghost."

The part about the cat and the acoustic guitar really 'stands out' for me.

If not, then I apologize... But I really think this, at least part of it, was published before.

Respectfully,

Rook
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
[at] reddysteady:

Thanks for that link with useful info. I have a couple of former houses that I would like to research as well.

Zeta.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Wonderful story because this little girl seems as if she may believe she is part of your family. She doesn't seem to be harmful. Do you have older neighbors nearby? Have you looked in the local newspaper archives for obits of deaths of young girls? You may be able to find out her name and try talking to her. It may be time for her to leave and meet up with her family.

Zeta.
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Interesting story CherryBlossom. Sounds like an intelligent, responsive spirit. This link has some good tips on how to go about researching the history of your home:

Http://www.preservationnation.org/resources/faq/historic-homes/where-can-i-find-guidance-on.html

In general, your town or city should have deed and land records. You could try typing the address into Google but that will usually yield information for only the last few years, unless your home has been claimed as a historical land mark by your local Historical Society, in which case, Google may prove useful - Your best bet is the town records, usually kept at town/city hall or the library.

Good luck!
Marypatricia (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
I have a little girl ghost I believed to be here with me too. I hear laughing and giggling and some things that are said in the house she doesn't like and will drop something or throw something or even make a noise in the kicthen or upstairs. I believe that it may be a little girl who lived her before we all moved in. Look on google. I never tried it but just type your address and see if anything comes up about your house. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: