You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Maybe They Left, Maybe They Didn't

Real Ghost Stories

Maybe They Left, Maybe They Didn't

 

I did a background check of the house. There are no deaths on the house, but the land is a different story.

Before the university bought this land it belonged to a man named Jose Diaz, he was married to a Russian lady named Katrinka Chevchenko (sorry if I spelled it wrong) they had a daughter named Nadina. In 1978 they're house burned down. Katrinka and her daughter got out but with severe burns. Katrinka died a day later in the hospital, Nadina didn't even make it to the hospital.

Jose Diaz was on a business trip. When he found out he did what anyone would expect him to do, grieve. But he couldn't take it, so he hung himself two months later. He owned the whole neighborhood, he had a huge farm. To my bad luck in all that land their house had to be built in the same spot as my house, I checked it was built here. This makes perfect sense because our house is the house with the most lawn.

That would explain the ghosts, but one of the members of the family has to be missing because Nadina said there were three of them, so that would leave without any explanation what I will tell you.

I was walking past my sister's room and I heard her talking alone. She does that very often and I never really paid any attention to what she was saying, until that day. She was talking to Billy again. Billy was supposed to be my sister's imaginary friend; she talks to him since she can talk.

We just thought it was her imaginary friend, but I've read some things in this site so I started asking her about Billy.

I asked her what he looked like. She said Billy was a fat man and that he was old like our grandfather. Then I asked her what Billy said to her. She said he didn't talk much and he was always looking for his family. Then I looked thorough the folder of the background check. After Jose Diaz died the land went to his nephew William Gutierrez and ten years after that he sold it to the university.

William died of heart problems when he was fifty years old. I researched and found a picture of him. He did seem older than he really was, he was also very fat. And to make matters worse everybody called him Billy.

But I don't have to worry about Billy anymore because about a week ago my sister told me Billy had left. Which makes me wonder if the other ghosts left too. Nothing has happened after she told me that, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by mlc13

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mlc13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CuriousDave (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Although this is spooky, atleast you have what seem to be good spirits. Or atleast not evil ones. Your story is very interesting and it brings to mind how everything and everyone has a past. Good luck!
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
It may be to early to tell, but to me it sounds like Billy and maybe the others have gone on. Good story.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
I always like to hear stories about children seeing spirits. There are a couple of theories but I say that there minds are not full of thrash like ours are. Thanks for hsarring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Dear mlc13,

The death of Mr. Diaz and his family were just a plainly sad thing to hear and I hope no one will have to go through what they went through. It is said, if you wish to see your beloved ones in death, you have to cross the barrier of death. He made the ultimate sacrifice in order to see his loved ones.

Like Kim said earlier "Isn't it amazing how children can often see and hear things we cannot?" that fact always puzzles me along with the notion that animals can see the dead. I hope they all finally passed on in order to rest in peace on the paradise of our Lord.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hmmm. Maybe Billy found his family, or he was tired of waiting and passed on to the other side. I am not quite sure. But I also am not sure if the other spirits are gone, somtimes they get tricky and leave you alone for a month and come back. But it could be that they all passed on. I hope you keep us updated.

Katona1700s ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Isn't it amazing how children can often see and hear things we can not?

It sounds as if Billy was looking for someone and your sister was able to see hima and hear him, although he was probably there for all of you.

Say some prayers to allow them (Billy and anyone else who may have remained) to cross over to the Lord and find peace.

Thank you for sharing with us!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: