You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Big Black Things Pt.1

Real Ghost Stories

The Big Black Things Pt.1

 

Everything I mention in these entries is true, I will not exaggerate.

This starts back in 2011, when I was twelve. I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a few neighbors, fields, woods, and with a creek that runs in front of my three story house.

I was home alone at about ten o'clock at night, my mom was on her way home from work, and my dad was set to work until one. I heard my dog barking furiously outside on our back porch. (We have a barn about twenty feet away from our back door, and my dad has a big black tool chest sitting in front of it to the left of the door.)

I walked cautiously to my back door, as I had been playing or reading something scary. I turned my back porch light on, opened my slider door, and walked out onto the porch to call my dog. Then something caught my eye. In the dim light, I could make out black, hooded figure, with yellow eyes doing what looked like sitting, on my dad's tool box. I booked it back inside (my dog following), slammed the door, locked it, turned off all the lights, and hid.

My mom would later tell me about both her and my dad's encounters with the thing (there were more than one of the "things", and they were seen of about 100 different occasions by me, cousins, friends, and other family members. I even have a few friends and a few cousins who refuse to stay the night in my house because of what they had seen).

I have plenty of other stories to tell (which I intend to) about the thing I mentioned, other entities, UFOs, the history behind where I live, along with stories from friends, family members, and strangers.

Other hauntings by skullyturtle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skullyturtle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GABSSoldier (12 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I believe that even though it was just my twin sister experiencing those kinds until we moved to our new house and I seeing a black thing with glowing yellow eyes, Man all yaha with OCD get out haha
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I can understand about the security thing though. No harm no foul on my end.
skullyturtle (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Miracles- Yeah, I understand completely... It was definitely a big error on my part...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
skully - you need to realize we get all kinds of stories from people who enjoy spreading their fictional experiences. We, the members of YGS, have learned to check for inconsistencies. And we question them. So if you had been truthful about your age from the beginning, no one would have questioned it.
skullyturtle (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Miracles- I'm 15 that's all that needed to be said on this subject, I fixed my profile so it reflects my real age... I normally put 1994 as my birthdate just to make myself seem older, it's just a privacy thing I was told to do when I was like 7 and I've done it out of habit ever since...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
skully - not to be mean about this, but I have strong OCD tendencies. Changing my birth year, to me, is more in the "I'm Trying to Appear Older Than I Am" category than OCD. Just a personal opinion, but that's just lying. Nothing about it is OCD.

Http://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/obssessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd.htm
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Okay, I'm confused now. Obviously the age category has been changed/fixed on this story because it now is reflecting skully as a teenager instead of young adult.

I don't know if skully's response helps or hurts 😕
skullyturtle (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I should probably clear my birthyear thing up to avoid further confusion (I have always put 1994 as a birthyear)
skullyturtle (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Elnoraemily- I always put 1994 as my birthyear, I always have...It's kind of an OCD thing...
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
Elnora- That was the first thing I noticed. Was thinking my math was off. So call me "Confused" as well.

Skullyturtle- If your going to start your story out with "these entries are true..." one must have their math correct. I'm sure it was just a simple "oops".
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
elnora - thanks for clearing that up for me. Got home pretty late tonight and just now got to the comments 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Haha, don't worry, I understood what you were asking and why 😜
ngute81 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me 😊. I understand now. I wasn't trying to be ugly, I was honestly confused.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
The OP mentioned that he/she will be sharing stories from others, including strangers. You cannot post stories from strangers. It has to be personal, a trusted source- like my stories about my father and fiance.

That is what Miracles meant when she posted the guidelines.
ngute81 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
I'm confused. He did share his personal experience. All he did was mention that other people had seen the same thing... Which a lot of people do when I read these stories, which I've been reading for 3 years now.

Thank you for your stories and I'm looking forward to reading more.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
v again elnoraemily, you are right on the money with what I am thinking! I too noticed the age thing and wondered why they didn't put their honest age?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
I am confused. Your age on here is young adult, meaning above the age of 19. If you were 12 in 2011, you would be 15 now. If you are only 15, why did you not put your honest age on your profile?

It sort of sounds like you might have walked in on someone who was squatting in your barn (I had a friend who found three teenagers hiding in her barn once), wearing a hoodie. That would also likely aggravate your dog. The yellow eyes could have been a reflection from glasses or even just shock getting details mixed up. It's possible. In that case, it's a good thing you ran inside and locked the doors.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
skullyturtle - according to our submission guidelines, only personal experiences are to be submitted. "REAL, PERSONAL GHOST EXPERIENCE ONLY" and "Although we allow stories from a very close relative, like your parents, or child, who shared it with you in intimacy, not to entertain, we cannot allow stories from "a friend of a friend" as it is not reliable." Here is the link if you'd like to read the guidelines again: http://www.yourghoststories.com/submit-story-guidelines.php

Any stories from strangers or friends, that you were not part of the experience, will be rejected. Just wanted you to know ahead of time 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: