You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Cloaked Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Black Cloaked Figure

 

I have had lots of experiences with the paranormal in my life. They have mostly been little things. More stick out in my mind than others. This one is one of the many that do. This is not my first, but it's the earliest bigger one that comes to mind. I think this occurred over a few months when I was 11 or 12 (1998 or 1999). I would say in the summer because we were always staying up late. First a little back story.

I live in Western Massachusetts, in the same house I have lived in my whole life. When I was younger my best friend (Lulla I'll call her as it's a nickname of hers) Lulla lived next door to me. Literally right there. It is a duplex with thin walls. We were always over at each other's houses. I would say she lived there from when I was 7 or 8 until I was 14, so 1994/1995-2001. We both believed in the paranormal all our lives, because we had no chance to really not I guess you could say.

Her room was is the middle room upstairs same as mine on the other side. Our rooms shared a wall. The back room on her side at the time had no door but a doorway. The light in her room would often go off by itself as the wiring was faulty. It was just a lamp that was plugged into an outlet that was wired to a switch on the wall. Also, we would often be alone in the house on weekends as her mother and mother's boyfriend would go away on weekends at times, which we loved when they did.

One night we were there by ourselves (we were probably 11 or 12) in her room just hanging out listening to music. The light suddenly goes out and the music too, being that the radio was also plugged into the same outlet as the light. So we didn't get too creeped out because we were used to that. We just would reach out into the stairway and jiggle the wire (it was in a casing) to get it to come back on.

This time we happened to look into the back room and saw this black cloaked figure standing there. It just looked like someone in a hooded cloak but all black, no face no eyes. Like someone wearing a faceless mask. It starts slowly walking towards us. We start screaming like scared little children needless to say. I think we were more scared because of the energy of it. It felt very negative. After awhile the light came back on and it was gone. We didn't sleep that night, but we stayed there. Just grabbed some flashlights and candles in case the light went off again.

Now, we would see this thing on other occasions and basically the same thing would happen. As this happened, I noticed it would never come past the doorway to the back room. One of the more memorable times that we saw it we were not alone.

(Now this was not something that could have been shadow play, or things in the room that were arranged a certain way. Not every time the lights were off would we see this thing. Believe me we tried figuring out if we could "debunk" it. Also I do not know if there were any specific patterns to the events of us seeing this figure. We didn't keep records of it.)

Lulla's niece was with us as she was spending the night. Lulla's dog was also up in the room with us. The light went off and again we see the figure. The dog starts growling and barking as we're screaming. One thing I find odd is how no one would ever come up when we were screaming, like it was soundproofing the room even though she had no door on her room either.

The last time I ever saw this thing was one night when I was in my own room. I was sleeping and woke up for no reason that I could figure. I looked into the center of the room and saw it. Just standing there. Of course I was making sure I was actually awake, pinching myself under the covers. I just stared at it until I fell back asleep.

This thing did feel negative in nature but it never did anything aside from just be there really. To be honest I'm not sure what it was. Or why it was there. And I have never seen it again since that night in my bedroom many years ago.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this. Also what your thoughts are on it. I don't need help with it as it is not something that is currently happening.

Other hauntings by Nightwish13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nightwish13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

raibreth (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-10)
My sister and I both witnessed a black cloaked figure in our bedroom when we lived in Killeen, TX. I was so scared I was even afraid to breathe. It just stood there perfectly still for a long time. The next morning I told my mother, but she said thatI was just seeing things.
GABSSoldier (12 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Watchmen or watchers personally I never watched and don't care to it sounds creepy or worse, anyways NightWish13 if you want to know what it wants I doubt talking to it will do anything if it doesn't come near you but stand in the doorway. But why scream every time you seen it in her room?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Steph, if you'd like to submit your experience as a story, submissions should reopen Monday. You're not going to get much, if any, feedback on someone else's story.
Stephbanfield (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Im From London in England and I have had an experience with a black coated figure going back when I was 12. I used to play in my garden with my friends and we had a little shed. In the window of the shed I would often see a black figure just staring at me, at first I screamed I ran to my dad who came and looked in the shed but just put it down to my imagination. Anyways I did not see this figure from then on, up until last year, I still live in the same house with my parents, and I often see things out the corner of my eye when no one else is at home. I have 2 dogs and they very often start barking and then will freeze and just stare at my bedroom doorway, didn't think nothing of it until that night when I was eating my dinner facing the window that looked out to the garden I saw it again, but this time it was outside the shed but still next to the shed window, it was there for a few seconds than vanished. Its strange how that many years went by and I didn't see it up until then it just appears again in the same place! I often wonder is it just visiting me, or is it watching me! 😕
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
i found some interesting things about them mostly posts on forum sites. Some say they are harmless like skully said... Others say that they do intervene in people's lives... The way they described it was like scientists almost, that put their subjects in scary situations to see their reactions.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Skully, can you explain what that is? I looked it up and found nearly nothing.
All I can find is a few obscure references to the watchmen and Nephilim.
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
skullyturtle: I never heard of that before but it's an interesting theory as to what it was. My only wonder like jwarren said if it was a watcher why did it feel so negative? It coulda been our fears making us think that. After all when it showed up in my room that night it didn't feel as negative. If it was still around I would get rid of it myself if it did anything harmful. I know a couple cleansing rituals that have worked well.

Jwarren: yes it was creepy but like I said to skully it could have felt so negative because of our fear. Although that is the only paranormal experience i've had that has scared me. So who knows...
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Well I can't say I have ever experienced anything like this personally, but it does sound very creepy. If it is a "watcher" like skullyturtle mentioned, I wonder why it felt so negative. In any event I am glad it stopped showing up and never did anything other than scare by its presence.

Thanks for sharing!
skullyturtle (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I see these all the time around my house...they're called watchmen or watchers, they are normally harmless (but very creepy), but on the chance that this is something worse, get it looked into by someone who can get rid of these things

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: