You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Church Street Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Church Street Ghost

 

My true story happened in the fall of 2001 when I was living in a beautiful old Victorian home with my 4 year old daughter. The house is located on Church Street in Buckingham, Quebec, Canada where it still stands to this day.

One day I was alone in the house as my daughter was spending the day with her grandmother. Suddenly I heard the sound of the back door opening. Surprised and feeling a little irritated because the person didn't knock before entering my house, I shouted out, "Just a minute! I'll be right there."

I peeked into the kitchen from where I was standing in the washroom. What I saw next will forever remain etched in my memory. Standing at the back door, I saw a half-figure of a white man who was bare foot and wearing a red bathing suit. He was only visible from the waist down and he was soaking wet. As he walked across the room, I could hear the sound of his wet feet squeaking on the kitchen floor and the sound of water dripping off him. Stunned, I stared slack-jawed as my mind tried to grasp what I was actually seeing. He walked to the opposite end of the kitchen, stopped for a moment in front of my cupboards, then he turned to face me. I could see the bottom half of him clearly but I could also see the cupboards through him. Shocked and rooted to the spot, I said out loud, "Oh my God! You're a ghost"! He turned away from me and continued to walk down the hallway that led to my living room. Squeak, squeak, squeak, I just stood there in disbelief and watched him walk about half-way down the corridor before he disappeared into thin air, without leaving a trace. Or did he?

Completely freaked out, I ran through every room in the house looking for the half-figure I had just seen but he was nowhere to be found. Questioning my own sanity at this point, I searched for water on my kitchen floor; surely it must be wet, before I checked the lock on the back door. The kitchen floor was bone-dry and the door was securely locked with a dead bolt. Needless to say, I packed up all our worldly belongings and moved out of that house a few days later.

It would be interesting to see if the current tenants have experienced anything paranormal in the beautiful old Victorian home.

Thanks for reading my true story.

Other hauntings by GSDLady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GSDLady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-03)
Just finished Church street number 2...had to come read your others. OH MY GOD! Say that 10 times and you have the effect that would have had on me! Love the story and, I don't blame you for moving out at all! Would have done the same, maybe faster lol! Let someone else figure out what it was! Bottom half's of people just won't do! Thanks for sharing!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Okay, just so you aren't left wondering what happened, GSDLady, I deleted both comments. There has been so much controversy lately that, frankly, I'm getting tired of it. Yes, you have every right to respond to the original comment; however, recent events have proven that the bickering doesn't end with a comment and response. Everyone has to have the last word it seems.

And this comment is for everyone else. People have the right to decide whether or not they want to participate in the discussions. As has been mentioned too many times, sometimes people just want to share their experience. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, as has been pointed out and proven too many times, sometimes people click the wrong choice. It's easy to do. Or maybe they just freaking change their minds after their story has been submitted. It happens.

To automatically dismiss a story because the o/p has indicated they are not going to participate doesn't make any more sense than believing someone's story to be true just because they indicate they need help and are willing to participate.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Oh God... Succha freaky incident...!
Your narration made me visualize the exact situation you were in. Believe me, if I was there in your place I would have surely become unconscious out of fear. But you were brave enough to check the the floor if it was wet. Anyway... Nice that you left that house.
Well...Did you try to know the history of that place?
Do you still live in the same city.?

Thanks to share
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-08)
Hello:

I might agree with the residual theory had he not stopped and turned toward your direction, seemingly to acknowledge you. Personally, it would not have frightened but instead intrigued me. But I certainly understand your trepidation.
Cool story; thank you for sharing it.

Kind Regards,
Lynev
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Such a shame that you decided to move out. I am curious if the new tenants have had anything happen to them. It sounds residual, as other posters are saying, and usually that is nothing to feel threatened by. Thanks for the story!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
GSDLady- Yep, I'm going with residual as well. But how about that though. That would have had me changing my shorts.

Really curious what else you might have had experienced had you stayed longer. One might even be able to do some research on that particular area for some kind of drowning's. Just a thought.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-30)
This gave me chills. The visual is stunning, to say the least!

It does sound residual.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-29)
I agree with Trisk...there's something very unnerving about 'topless' manifestations. I've seen some really freaky sights in my day... But THAT would definitely have me shaking.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi, GSDLady A genuine experience you had. If I was at your place I'll become half dead. You were brave to still search for entity.

Agree with Sonali and Griff.

Regards,
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi GSDLady, welcome to YGS. It was really a scary experience indeed. But go with Griff84 and Sonali007. It might be residual haunting. I would have reacted the same way you did after experiencing such an occurrence. But had you stayed for some more days, perhaps you could have made some research.

Even now, if you happen to stay nearby that Victorian home, why don't you just ask the present residents. And definitely you would remember the time of the incident. And that could be the clue. Try it if possible and share it with us.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Holy cinnamon cracker. I'd be okay with seeing a full ghost or even the top half, but just the bottom half? I don't know why, but I find that incredibly scary.
Sonali007 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Welcome to YGS.

It sounds like residual leftover energy which was not strong enough to manifest itself completely. Just my guess.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Hi GSDLady, welcome to YGS.

Wow, that would have been the most random thing ever... The last thing I bet you were expecting to see!

I wonder if this person was just a residual energy from days gone by, it sounds to me like he was just going about as if you were not even there. It makes me smile to think you just packing your bags, and got out of there, no questions asked 😆

Thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: