You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Things Have Happened All My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Have Happened All My Life

 

It all started when I was about 6. I would be laying in bed going to sleep, and I would hear someone whispering in my ear, they would ask me questions, like what was my name (I can't really remember what other questions there were, but they were usually yes/no questions) I would answer them. No one else was in the room with me, my sister was usually on the computer downstairs because she's about six years older than I am and my mom would be in bed. My dad worked the graveyard shift at a halfway house. I never remembered it the next morning so I would go about my day. I'm not really sure when it stopped but I haven't had that problem since.

Another reason why I believe I may have had some way to sense spirits when I was younger it was in 2004 when Hurricane Charlie hit, my dad took my sister, mother and I and we went to stay at one of the of the guest houses his work had because we needed to evacuate our house and the walls were concrete and it was the safest place to be. I was terrified of the guest house. I told my mom we needed to find somewhere else to stay because I wouldn't be able to sleep in there. I told my mom I felt like someone died in there. My dad said that he was pretty sure someone had. I remember the feeling, it was like my stomach fell to the floor and my chest was tight and I was scared. I had never had this happen before so we left there and I felt way better.

What kicked the activity back up in my house was when my mom redecorated the garage. She had done this because she was opening up a 24 hour daycare. There was this little boy who used to stay overnights who was deathly afraid to sleep in there. He used to scream that there was blue man with electricity that would touch him and it would shock him. He had two siblings that were with him and they had no idea what he was talking about. At this point I was about 12-13 years old, I wasn't afraid of ghosts and didn't believe they were real and I thought he was just having a bad dream. But it happened constantly. He was terrified of sleeping in that room so we moved him into the guest room and he was perfectly fine. I didn't believe him and I didn't believe in ghosts. My mind was changed a few months later.

I was sleeping in my room and I heard something out in the living room. I believe it was about two or three in the morning and I was trying to figure out what the heck it was because it was very audible. I thought it might of been my sister doing something. I realized my sister was out and my mom was asleep in the next room. My parents divorced in 2008 and he hadn't lived with us in 5 years. I slowly came out and the wood coffee table was being moved around. I was terrified. I turned on the light and THERE WAS NO ONE THERE, NO ONE WAS MOVING IT! I ran back into my room shut the door and hid under my blankets. I didn't sleep at all that night. I haven't really experienced anything like this again.

The last story and the most recent was a few weeks ago. My mom shut down her daycare and since the garage is bigger than my room, I jumped on the opportunity to move into it. I had stayed in there one night and I woke up to the sound of one of my snow globes playing music. Which was weird because no one had touched them but me and I don't usually wind them up to play music, all I did was set them on a really high shelf when I moved in there. So now once in a while one of them will play music. Another thing that has happened in there was I had just started to wake up and all of a sudden I heard someone breath into my ear. I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room and I was sure I flipped out for nothing, I brushed it off believing it was just the end of a dream. A few days later I had woken up in the middle of the night. I couldn't move my arms, they were being held down and they were burning like someone was touching me with a hot frying pan. I had realized this was probably sleep paralysis so I started to wiggle my toes and after a few minutes I could move everything again. Every time I look down my hallways there is always this dark figure of a man staring back at me. Almost like it's a shadow, but I only see it out of the corner of my eye and it disappears when I look directly at it.

Sorry this is so jumbled, I am bad at explaining things. Is it all in my head? Or is it a spirit?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GirlAlmighty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pumpchick15 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Similar to valkricry, you shouldn't get to worried. Its not all made up but it might not be paranormal ether. What I suggest is as valkricry sated to keep a journal of all these incidents. Also record the old ones so when something new happens, you can compare it to older memories to see if anything looks familiar or matches up. Try to remember all of your old memories so you can record them and analyze them. Also compare them to newer ones.

If it is paranormal, or if you come to that conclusion, you should probably figure out why its there, if it feels good or bad, what it wants, ect. I have one word of advice: DO NOT IGNORE THE ENITIY IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! A lot of people say just ignore it but that just makes the spirit want more attention and some will even go to the extreme to get it. Embrace and accept the fact that its there so then you will be calmer and so will the spirit then it will also be easier to figure out what to do to stop it.

Personally I believe its just a playful spirit or a troublemaker perhaps. Just a spirit that wants some attention and wishes to startle you ether to have company or just to be mean. Its like an annoying child basically. But don't be afraid because then it has more of a reason to bother you.

Also look into the history of your home, neighborhood, ect. Research is always good to help find out who or what the spirit may be or if it even is one.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Hi GA, thanks for getting back to me so quick. Ah, so a case of 'recovered' memories? Makes sense to me.
I don't think it's all in your head, but that's not saying it's paranormal either.
Your musical snowglobes? It isn't unusual for some slight vibration to set the music off. And I do mean SLIGHT. I collect music boxes, and every now and then one will just go off. Oh, and just a FYI, you really do need to let them play now and then. Otherwise the music mechanism can lock up, and if you try to force it, you could break it. I just hate seeing pretties broken.
I realize you can't go back and attempt to debunk the things you've seen/heard. But you might want to try keeping a journal about these incidents, and as they happen try to figure out if there's a more mundane reason then a spirit.
GirlAlmighty (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
As you get older things trigger old memories, like certain smells/sounds. That's what happened. When I felt someones breath in my ear it triggered those memories.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+5
9 years ago (2015-01-20)
Question: you said when you were about 6, some entity would ask you yes/no questions as you were going to sleep, but then, you state "I never remembered it the next morning so I would go about my day". If no one was there to witness it, and you didn't remember, how do you know that? I'm sure I just missed something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: