You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Sign From My Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

A Sign From My Grandfather

 

Growing up I've always heard stories of others experiences with the paranormal and I've always been fascinated by them, wishing that I could have been there or had an experience of my own.

For example after my aunt passed away my uncle would experience odd occurrences happen in the house. Such as the drapes in the living room that he kept closed, when he walked back into the room they would be open and tied to the side the way my aunt used to have them open. Or lights would turn on that he knew were not on when he left the room especially the bedroom light. These were not one time occurrences as this would happen often. Another time my brother was over painting my uncle's house he was in one of the bedrooms and the statue of Mary Magdalene that was on the dresser next to family pictures there were tears coming from the statues face. When my brother saw this he wiped the tears with his thumb and it happened again.

My first paranormal experience happened one day after supper I was in the living room watching TV on the main floor and I was remembering these stories that my uncle would tell us. I don't know why but suddenly I asked Grandpa, "if you're here please give me a sign". Seconds after I said that two floors up in my bedroom I herd my alarm clock going off. So I ran upstairs and looked at my alarm clock it was not set to go off at 6:30 pm. Some people might think its a coincidence but I know it wasn't and I truly believe that my grandfather was there and he was giving me the sign of his presence that I had asked for.

Other hauntings by Mary_123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mary_123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Totally agree with you, seems like Grandpa answered you directly! Sounds like your Aunt is watching over her husband, he is blessed to have that, but holy cow, don't let anyone know about the statue because if word gets out a holy statue cried in his home he will never be able to keep people away:) Thanks for sharing!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Mary, I think this is sweet. Like Val said, if you know in your heart that it was him, that is all that matters.

Val, my alarm can be heard from the outside:P I don't like to wake up.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Mary, this is what I believe about signs; if you really and truly believe it was a sign from your Grandpa - then it was. Doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks about it. YOU know, in your heart he was answering you and that is all that matters. By the way, must be one heck of a loud alarm you have if you can hear it two floors away! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: