You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter Meeting My Mother

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter Meeting My Mother

 

My mother passed away in a car accident 16 years ago when I was 5.

I am now 21, and have 2 children of my own. Obviously, they have never seen my mother, and I do not speak to them about her, because they aren't old enough to understand yet. My oldest daughter, who was 2 at the time this happened, found a picture of my mother that I had tucked into my bedside drawer. She picked the picture up and brought it over to me and said "Grandma!" At first I thought I was hearing things, but she insisted on carrying the picture around all day long, and kept talking about "Grandma." She has no reason to associated my mother with the word "grandma." Nobody in the family has even showed her a picture of my mother before.

So that night when my husband comes home, we hear my daughter talking in her room. My husband goes in to tuck her back in bed, and she is waving at her closet door saying "Grandma's gone!" When he comes back into our room to tell me this story, just as he finished telling me, there is a loud THUD across the room from us. We quickly shine a flashlight in that area and there is nothing there. The entire corner is empty, so nothing could have made that noise. So then, after we calm ourselves down and go to sleep, we are repeatedly woken up throughout the night by footsteps that we are hearing walking up and down the steps to our bedroom.

The next week, my mother's sister came over to my house. As I am telling her this story, when I tell her about the loud thud that happened in my room, the second I said the word "thud" to her, my entire front door started shaking. It wasn't like somebody was knocking, or the wind was blowing, the entire door and door frame was shaking! It was like somebody was taking their fist and POUNDING on the door with all of their might. I went over to the door and checked to make sure nobody was knocking or playing games, and nobody was there.

Other hauntings by felidee623

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, felidee623, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

felidee623 (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
Nope, we just had these experiences! Not much since then either!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Aw grandma! My youngest sister had experienced this as well. We lost our grandmother to cancer back in 2008 and while most of us remember her, my youngest sister was not even a year old. Most psychologists say you don't remember memories from that young but she knows who grandma is. She would come and say that grandma told her this and this and it would be things no one would have told her. Amazing at what our loved ones can do.
Thanks for sharing!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
It sounds like your mom was making sure that you believed your daughter. Most of the loud activity definitely seems like someone trying to get your attention. Maybe she just needed your daughter to confirm it was her before she tried to get your attention.

Very sweet, thank you for sharing.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
It does sound like your daughter has met her grandma. Very sweet. ❤

Have you had any experiences in your home prior to these?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: