You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is It A Demon/ Witch Craft?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It A Demon/ Witch Craft?

 

So before you know what happened recently you'll need to know this: My grandfather was crazy into witchcraft voodoo. He used to draw pentagrams on the basement floor, put my aunt, uncle, and mom inside them, perform "spells" on them, and then throw them all in a closet. He used to call himself a "wizard", and I think that it has affected all of our lives tremendously! My mother ended up passing away very suddenly in her 20's, my uncle is very unhealthy, and my grandmother became a paranoid schizophrenic.

Yesterday was Halloween. I woke up at 2:30 am in a horrible sweat and in the middle of a panic attack. I was having a dream that demons were trying to get me to let them into my soul, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop thinking about it. (This was NOT sleep paralysis, as I could move.) But I could not get the thoughts out of my head. Then I saw a dark shadow in my closet and I couldn't fall back to sleep for HOURS.

Fast forward to 2:30 pm that day. I just got out of the shower and heard a loud bang on the wall, and the radio turned itself from a radio station it was on, to static, and turned itself all the way up and then back down again.

Now it's the next day and the little girl I babysit keeps apparently telling her mom that she had a friend here named Jeremy. (Nobody here is named that.) And I realized after talking to her today that she is not saying Jeremy, she's saying my mom's name.

I don't know much about demonology, but I do know that sometimes demons pretend to be angels to get what they want from you.

Any input or opinions on this would be greatly appreciated!

Other hauntings by felidee623

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, felidee623, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-08)
Threw them in the closet? That's one unique bit of spell craft! I wonder what precisely he intended that step to do other than terrorize his victims? Granted, I do not believe that all magic/wizards/witches are evil (quite firmly to the contrary, really) but from what you have written of your grandfather's methods and the believed results of his actions, it doesn't read as though he was a terribly kind soul. But if I might play devil's advocate for a second - is it possible that his actions may have been misunderstood? Perhaps he sensed a dark force around one or both of them and was trying to protect them and failed? Was his behavior towards them at other times during more mundane activities any different?

It does seem to me as though your mother may be trying to get your attention. Have you recently entered into anything new? Have you been having doubts about someone or something? Perhaps, have a seat in the yard during quiet moment and meditate on it.

One last thing, as your mother sadly passed so young, did you spend much time with your grandmother growing up? If so, her confused thought patterns may have been what led to your panic attacks - your young mind may have learned maladaptive coping strategies to certain stressors from exposure to her. Just something to think on, which might be entirely irrelevant if she did not play a significant role in your life growing up.
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-05)
Hi again, felidee!

I'm sorry to hear about your panic attacks:/ I sometimes experience bouts of mild anxiety, and have had a few panic attacks, but they're very rare and are far and few between--which I'm grateful for, of course.

I absolutely do agree with what Biblio said, regarding your mother and her spirit. And, likewise, I'm thinking along the same lines that Biblio thinks about any negative energies: that "the 'demon' idea is a residual effect of your nightmare."

My best advice would be to try to practice deep breathing and meditate as best you can. Do what you need to do to clear your mind, because, as I see it at this point, there are two primary possibilities:

1) You and your family are safe from any demonic entities and / or dark witchcraft, and it was a nasty bad dream that you DON'T have to deal with, AND that your mother has befriended the little girl that you babysit, OR

2) There is a demonic entity, or at least a very dark energy, and the nightmare really was something to worry about. Also, your mother has still befriended the little girl that you babysit.

Because I just genuinely DON'T believe that, when it comes to that girl, that is a demon in disguise. Obviously I don't know everything, and I am NOT going to say that I know for certain, but I do believe that I'm being guided by my intuition to try and reassure you that, no, that really IS her spirit.

Anyway...outside of that, try not to jump to it being an evil spirit just yet. I honestly don't think that's what's going on, but anything is possible. Do your best to relax, take care of yourself and those you love, ask God or whatever deity/ies you worship to protect you, as well as angels, and carry on with love and trust that, in the end, all will be well. ❤

And, obviously, if something happens that causes you to think that something negative IS there, you can talk it out with us at YGS, do a cleansing and / or blessing, and be safe and sound. 😊

Blessings to you!
felidee623 (4 stories) (4 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-05)
Thanks, guys! DeliverDawn, I've always suffered from really bad panic attacks. They've been happening for 20+ years. The dreams I had just made it 10X worse! I'm glad to hear that some of you don't think this is demon related, because that's the only part that is scaring me about this whole situation!

As far as nightmares, I think I've only had 1 or 2 in my entire life, and they were never demon related or as scary as this one. And this time it was like I couldn't snap out of it! Even after I was awake I couldn't make my mind focus on anything else!
And no, I haven't asked the girl to describe her friend. But she did tell her mom that it lives in my front yard lol.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-05)
Hi felidee623,

I am sorry for the tragedies that your family has suffered, ostensibly due to the actions of your grandpa. Yes I agree with you I believe that demons often masquerade as angels or helpers or guides to deceive the people they oppress. You are welcome to view my profile page for more of my worldview on these matters.

However, assuming that what you are experiencing is indeed demon-related, I believe that it's not a "lost cause" and there's also a way out of it. I suggest that you seek the help of a pastor or a priest at your nearest Christian church for help.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Greetings, felidee.

I know from your previous entries that you have moved house *at least* twice. Are you now living in the home your grandfather had inhabited while performing rituals on his family, or are you in a completely different home? If you have inherited the old property, for example, I would have serious concerns about the causes of your traumatic dream. If you are living elsewhere, you are more likely to be affected by something in your current life than a multi-generational consequence of magical dabbling. Depending upon your answer to this question, and to DeliverDawn's questions, I'll avoid causing any stress with an unnecessary line of inquiry.

You are aware, of course, that this is not the first time your mother has made friends with a young child. If this is narrative is a list of haunting phenomena, the most likely cause would be your mother's spirit has followed you around. [I shall not accuse her of giving you the demonic nightmares, as that may be unrelated to her, or it may be her idea of a warning for you.] Your mother befriended your daughter several years ago; now she seems to be taking an active interest in your neighbor's child. She could be visiting to participate in child-rearing activities that were denied her by her premature death.

I don't think your mother poses a problem, and -by similar reasoning- it would be a bit elaborate for a demonic entity to masquerade as your mother, then appear in that disguise to the child you are babysitting (but to whom you have no direct family connection), then wait for you to decode the clues the child is producing to determine that your mother may or may not be present. While demonic forces are manipulative, deceitful, and cunning, most of them haven't developed the knack for strategy games that manifest over a prolonged period... There's usually a need for some immediate shock or concern, followed by a constant low-level anxiety while the living try to convince themselves that nothing is wrong, building up to a level of life-threatening fear over the course of several *months,* not years.

I think, overall, that the "demon" idea is a residual effect of your nightmare: understandably so. I'm a little unclear on how dark your closet is on a normal night versus the night you had the disturbing dream. These may be completely independent factors or phenomena, but as they are happening to you right now, it feels like they are all connected.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Best,
Biblio.
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
I'll go ahead and cast my vote that, no, this doesn't sound like anything to do with witchcraft to me. It MIGHT be, given that your grandfather practiced what sounds like some pretty dark magic, but to figure out if that's really the case we'd have to understand how he does his magic, when was the last time you had anything to do with him, and so on and so forth.

But to be very clear, I really doubt it's that.

And if I'm being honest, I don't think it's a demon, either. It MIGHT be! But right now, aside from the dream, it sounds to me like it's a little too early to immediately call it a demon.

So, some questions I would like to ask, so hopefully that I can help you better:

* How often do you have panic attacks and / or suffer from anxiety?
* How often do you suffer from nightmares?
* Have you ever asked the girl you babysit to describe her "imaginary" friend?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: