You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Me And The Hair Braiding Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Me And The Hair Braiding Ghost

 

This is my first story here. I've had a few more experiences in my life & would like to share my first one with you.

When I was a little girl around 7 years old I shared a bedroom with my 2 younger brothers Richard, who was around 5 years old & baby Simon, who was around 18 months, plus my mother too. The room was so tiny & cramped with the 4 of us in there. One night I'd had enough of being kept awake by baby Simon's constant crying & asked my mum to take me into the spare bedroom & tuck me in. This was my first time EVER in a bedroom on my own & was very scared. Mum promised she'd come sleep in the bed with me soon as she'd settled baby Simon. This made me feel a little better & not so frightend of being on my own.

After around an hour or so, I began to drift off to sleep. Then I heard the bedroom door open. I knew it was my mum so I continued to drift off. She got into bed next to me & began stroking my face as she usually did. Then she began to stroke my hair & play with it putting it into a french braid. (I knew my hair was being braided as I felt the twist & pulls of my ponytail) By now I fell asleep. Waking the next day with my hair in the braid, I went down stairs to get my breakfast, for my mum to say "your such a big brave girl." I then asked what she ment by this.

Mum went on to tell me that I had slept the full night through in that bedroom on my own, without her getting into bed with me. By this point I was scared stiff & told her she must have got into bed with me. My mum swore blind she never. This experience still confuses me to this day. So who or what was in bed with me that night? I have goose bumps on the back of my neck, just thinking about it. Sorry it's not the greatest of stories. Thank you for reading. Any comments would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Love Bonnie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Itoldyaiwastrouble, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hi Itoldyaiwastrouble, welcome to YGS. I feel like some one said that it might have been your mother but still said that she was not just to give you confidence that you can sleep alone. Otherwise, I also feel that she might have brought up the subject of your hair. If it were a spirit, it should have been quite kind, might be your forefathers, who loves you and to give you confidence. Still I prefer to go for my first theory.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-06)
hi, Itoldyaiwastrouble... Interesting story... I am somehow agree with notjustme...
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
JYN- good point. I remember when I was about 10 years old, my aunt was pregnant and visiting from Cali and we were all staying at another aunt's house. My aunt didn't have enough beds so pregnant aunt and her hubby had the floor, but instead of asking for my bed they picked me up and put me on the floor in the middle of the night so she can have the bed. The next morning they told me I had rolled off by myself along with my pillows and blankets 🤔. Up until I was in my late teens I believed it and thought I was a really good roller. LOL
jynnantonnix (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
I wonder if is possible that your mother did come to sleep with you, but then left and decided to tell you she had not been there so that you might feel more confident in being able to sleep alone. That might also explain why she didn't question why your hair was in a braid.
HitchcockMadness (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
Obviously a protective ghost who wanted to make sure you were fine sleeping by yourself in that room. And wanted you to know you were being cared for by a special extra someone with a gift for styling hair. Your so lucky. Sounds like a wonderful spirit to have around. Wish I had one with such a lovely talent.
Dmalingkas (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
This ghost must be a hairstylist nice! 😳 by the way it give me chills to my spini bro is scary... But still nice!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Beautiful story, agree with brenttan, sounds like the actions of gentle spirit. As for braiding a head while on a pillow, if the head is on the edge of the pillow the head could be angled down towards the bed. Access to both sides would then be easy if the hair is flowing behind and over the pillow. With my hair I had a habit of pulling it into a pony and twisting it and flipping it in front of my shoulder, thus, when I laid down, the hair was pulled away and out from under my face. I hated rubber bands or bands of any type in my hair while sleeping, I have a tender head lol. As for mum not noticing the braid... She may have been preparing to praise her daughter and really didn't notice while she was congratulating her. Regardless, it is an interesting story! Looking forward to hearing more!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
How come all four of you had to sleep in just one bedroom if there was a spare one that nobody used? 😕
I guess the ghost was a professional hairdresser, otherwise it would had been very difficult to french braid the hair of a head that's resting on a pillow.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Very interesting. I too have the same question as Val. What did your mother have to say about your hair braided?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Itold,
I was wondering if your mom ever asked about you getting up with your hair braided? I doubt a 7 year old could manage a decent French braid on her own hair, and would think she'd remark on it.
It sounds to me like it was a kindly spirit, who just wanted to take your fears away.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
When you got up your hair was braided? I think if you went to bed with your hair any other way it would have gotten questioned.
brenttan (64 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Must have been a friendly female ghost who obviously loved little girls. Sounds like it, and she did you no harm, and braiding a little girl's hair is an affectionate action that takes time... Would love to hear you other experiences and accounts. Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: