You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Above Me

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Above Me

 

This is my first story post on here. My grammar isn't always that great so I apologize. I have always believed in ghost/spirits. This is just one of multiple experiences I have had from a young age. Not sure if I am just sensitive, or what, but every place I have lived has an experience associated with it.

The house that this took place is located in Greenwood just off Main Street. From what my dad told me, this house was built in 1955. It is owned by my grandparents. My grandpa died in this house in 1995. My grandmother moved out of it shortly after. Since, it has been kind of a go to place for different family members when experiencing financial difficulties. Right now, my dad and I live here.

When you walk into the front door you are in the living room. To the right of the living room is a large family room. You have to take a step down to get into the family room. At this step there is railing on both sides. The family room has a couch facing the living room with the back against a wall that is shared with the garage. Across from the couch is a large fish tank and to the right of the fish tank sits the TV. To the right of the TV is a doorway to the kitchen. The kitchen connects to both the family room and living room. In front of this door way sits my dad's desk and computer. To the left of the living room is a hallway leading to my bedroom which is at the end of the hall.

Anyways, the first experience happened in the living room. My dad was sitting in his computer chair. I was in my bedroom watching TV. Suddenly, I heard my dad say, "What are you doing?" I thought this was a bit weird considering no one else lives here and I was in my bedroom. Therefore, I came out of my bedroom to ask who he was talking to. He said, "You." I told him I was in my bedroom. Then, I asked him what he saw. He said he saw a someone wearing a white t-shirt in the living room standing behind the railing peering into the family room. I wasn't even wearing white that day.

The second experience happened in the family room. It was past midnight. I was on my laptop sitting on the couch. The TV was turned off because my dad had already gone to bed. After a while, I was nodding in and out of sleep when I heard someone clear their throat. The sound had come from the right of me. At first, I thought maybe my dad had woke up to come out and smoke a cigarette. My eyes flew open and I looked towards the computer chair. It was empty. He was still in his bedroom. I went to my room after that.

The third experience happened in my bedroom. It was late morning. I was sleeping on my left side facing one of my dressers that has a mirror on the top. I was waking up and just starting to open my eyes. There in the mirror floating above me was a lady with red hair and white dress on. I looked above me quickly and no one was there. I looked back in my mirror and there was no one. Surprisingly, I wasn't freaked out by her. I felt calm the entire time. I just shrugged it off and went about the rest of my day.

I'd like to know what y'all think about my experiences. Sorry I'm not sure what exact days these happened on but I do know they've happened in the past 6 months.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nichole87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nichole87 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
[at] twister: the shadows don't make me feel scared just curious. It might be my grandpa that passed away here.
[at] wini: they just about always feel comforting.
I also been having dreams or I might be awake i'm not sure about some ghost but they're dreams that take place in my bedroom. They feel so real. That ghost makes me feel nervous and scared. But that's because it touches me.
twisterwatcher7 (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hi nichole, welcome to ygs!:)) me and my hubby mysticalavenger5 believe it is a familiar spirit to the property, and or possibly a passed on loved one? Otherwise did the shadow that you witnessed make you feel afraid or was it more like a nervousness it gave you? Your story is very unique and well written and we look forward to more from you!:))
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hello:
Maybe your ancestors are letting you know that they are around, making sure you're alright. You wrote that your family uses the property when experiencing hardships, so if that is the case now perhaps they are there in an effort to comfort you. While it can be disconcerting to actually see them, it doesn't sound like you have experienced anything menacing. You mentioned a sense of calmness that you felt, which is why I think they're there to let you know you're not alone.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
nichole87 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Update: My dad and me were just talking about my story. He brought up that he keeps seeing a black shadow walk past the windows in the front. I've seen the same thing in my peripheral vision. Just thought I should share.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: