You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dark Presence Above Me

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Presence Above Me

 

I have always been intrigued in the paranormal. In fact I've spent days on this website just reading stories.

I'm seventeen, be eighteen this month, and this morning around 7am I had my first (or so I thought) sleep paralysis encounter...

I was lying in bed, and I had this vivid, scary dream about a woman and a man staying in a hotel room, and they were asleep when there was a loud banging at the door. The woman got up to open the door and there was nobody there but someone was standing talking to her. And she started screaming like hell.

After that, I 'woke up', and realised I couldn't move at all, I couldn't open my eyes but felt a dark presence above me holding me down by the chest. I struggled for ages then managed to move my head to the side. I peered my eyes open half way and seen a black figure standing next to the bed. I immediately started to shout on my Mum, I could hear my voice but it was extremely muffled. I literally felt like I wanted to cry.

I have experienced similar, but less intense, sleep paralysis twice earlier on this year, although I can't really remember them now.

After looking into this the majority of today, I realised that I'd came across this a few years ago when I was fifteen.

After a drunken night with a few of my friends, my friend Shona had asked me to sleep over at her house. We got in, went up to bed and put on a movie to fall asleep to, it must have been around 3am when I woke up, as I normally do when I've been drinking, and I opened my eyes and there was this black figure floating around above me with small red eyes but nothing else. This being didn't frighten me at all, I actually thought it was quite pleasant and felt very at peace. I know I wasn't dreaming because I could see the light from the tv and heard the menu screen music playing. It wasn't until I realised I couldn't move or speak that I got frightened. I could kind of move my legs but not enough to wake my friend up. I eventually fell asleep and woke up pretty weirded out the next morning, as you can imagine, she thought I was nuts!

However last nights experience was much much more intense and I'd like to know how people deal with this?

Other hauntings by caitlinmooneyx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caitlinmooneyx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jo5581 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
I think your experiences were very similar to mine. They were in fact episodes of 'sleep paralysis' but with a sinister agenda. It sounds like you are being manipulated to think that these are just episodes of sleep paralysis but in fact I am sure you are being attacked spiritually. It was a very confusing time for me and I'm sure you are just as confused, frustrated and scared as I was. My story is very real and it is too long to post here. What I can tell you is you need to reaserach negative spirit attachment, all my episodes of sleep paralysis, medication use (sleep, depression, anxiety), drinking and other self-destructive life habits were directly linked to an evil attachment I had. I am not saying you have any of this, I'm just saying it is worth researching and find a way to 'cure' these episodes and give yourself some peace. It has been 1 year since my 'scan' where the entity was released and I can tell you that has made every bit of difference in my life and quality of life. Before things spiral out of control, seek some spiritual help. If you need references I will be more than happy to forward to you. God Bless you.
youngpsyche11 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
Hi
I have a feeling that it might just be a bout of sleep paralysis and judging from your positive reaction to the spirit the first time I'm thinking it could be just a spirit sensing that your in trouble and trying to help and for the time that you feared the spirit or "felt a heavy darkness" around the room, it could have just been fear because the last time you saw the spirit you couldn't move
caitlinmooneyx (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Isandhu - Don't worry, I am a heavy drinker but only weekends. My mum almost died from alcohol poisoning when I was about nine so I'm very aware of it.
And thankyou for your insight, I'm looking up as much as I can about it.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
I apologize in advance for the lecture, but for your own sake and the sake of your loved ones, please do not abuse alcohol. Taken in moderation, it's a pleasure and one I encourage you to enjoy. Taken to extreme, it will make you sick and ruin your life. On to your experiences, I do encourage you to learn as much as you can about sleep paralysis and talk to your doctor about it if it continues. He or she may refer you to a sleep clinic for help. I don't think anybody really knows what SP is or what causes it, but it is more common than you might think and there is help available.
caitlinmooneyx (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
shellzy - that wasn't my second encounter, and wasn't really drunk when I got back to my friends, my drunken dreams are far weirder haha.

But thankyou guys, these are really insightful.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
Hi Caitlinmooneyx

Im going to say your first encounter was a bad dream and sleep paralysis. As scary as it is there is nothing to worry about. I normally suggest doing some research to find out what it is and to compare some of your symptoms to the common ones people experience (eg being 'held down by your chest, hallucinations ect). You will be suprised at just how common SP really is...

As for the second encounter...well, you did admit that you had a 'drunken night' with your friend. I'm not going to give you a lecture here but I don't think I need to explain what the effects of alcohol are so it is a very big possibly that what you saw was simply the effects of your 'drunken night'.
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
You're brave if that thing above you didn't scare the crap out of you. I am skiddish about ghosts and demonic beings that I swear Jesus Christ himself could stand next to me in the middle of the night and I would freak out (at first) LOL.

I'm sorry, I haven't had any experiences like this one but I do get bad nightmares to the fact that I'm scared to get out of bed. But nothing has ever held me down.

If you figure anything out please post it! I look forward to hearing about it.

Queenzombie
darkangel77 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
I have had this experience many many times before. I hear it is a type of night terror but lately its been too demonic for that. If this occurs more then maybe try looking for an object that may possess an entity. I study dream interpretation as well, so if you have any more disturbing and chilling dreams, contact me and I can try to help as much as I can.
XOXO DarkAngel

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: