You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Eyes Above My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Eyes Above My Bed

 

This is something that I remember from when I was only 4 years old. As I mentioned in a comment (re: twisted creature) I think I am prone to hypnagogic hallucinations. To this day I've seen odd bugs on my bed, or strange creatures standing nearby, and once I have heard something whisper my name in my ear (yikes). I'm pretty sure those were hypnagogia.

However this "encounter" really stuck with me and I still remember it quite vividly even though it happened over 24 years ago.

I remember waking up in my bed, the room was completely dark. My parents had gotten me one of those light-blocking blinds for my window since there was a street lamp outside that kept me up. The room was pitch black, but I could see a pair of normal looking human eyes staring at me a few feet from my face! I can't remember what colour they were but they seemed to be softly glowing or lit from within or something, else how else could I see them so clearly? At that point I don't remember feeling scared, just curious.

So, being only a little kid, I stuck my tongue out at them. I figured that was the thing to do I guess haha. That's when they narrowed, as if giving me "the evil eye". That freaked me right out. I screamed like crazy, pulled my blanket over my head and, crying, called for my dad. He ran in and turned on the lights and asked what was wrong. I told him there was someone looking at me, but of course the eyes were gone.

I don't know if it was a form of hypnagogic hallucination, or if there was really something there. It seemed SO real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Goombagirl_79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
It can be both. Maybe you did see eyes are maybe it was all in your head. Have you seen thoes eyes since then?

❤ Selinda ❤
TKDJamie (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Omg!
Absoloutly freeky scary!
And sounds real too.
And can you rememember if when you saw the eyes can you remember if you felt a presence?
If so was it nice or not?
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Perhaps you were in a semi awake state. Not Fully asleep but dreaming. Did anything ever come from this?
Sinobiah (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Ive heard of Spirits like that.

In actual fact, there are certain spirits that prey on the life force of Children. They are believed to be witches that suck the energy and life out of kids sending them into a semi coma state. They are also believed to hover over children exactly like you explained, but if they sense danger they leave because they don't want to be seen.

Its just an old wives tale, and nobody really knows if its true or not.

Shtriga: an Albanian legend about a witch that sucks the life out of children.

But maybe it was your condition. But I don't under estimate people. So what you are saying might be true. So I believe you.

Hope this helps!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Hypnagogic hallucinations are common lasting from seconds to minutes while one is still aware of their immediate surroundings. It seems to happen to people with with sleeping disorders. I would think that's all this was. Unless you are bipolar which I'm assuming you are not.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
Sounds real too, Goombagirl 79.
But based on your own words, it may have been either one.
The presence of occult items or connections always comes to my mind in cases like yours; there may be some such reason for your experience if anything occult is involved even indirectly.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: