You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Saw a Ghost (Again)

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw a Ghost (Again)

 

A bit of detail before I go into the story: I have a large family. I was fortunate to be close to all my cousins from childhood through present day. My cousin's mom was a big fan of Easter, she was always making Easter baskets for her kids, even when they were grown. I am the youngest of two siblings, so I always related the best to other "youngest" cousins. My favorite cousin I will call "J..." Some say he committed suicide, others suspect foul play. Either way, I miss him very much - and it's almost been ten years since he's been gone.

A bit more detail: the night he went missing, I dreamt that we were playing hide and seek in this huge orchard of apple trees. We were kids in the dream, and as I chased after him, we aged. I tripped over a tree root, looked up... And woke up crying and screaming. This isn't the first dream I've had like this (prophetic) so needless to say I was worried. Come to find out later in the day he was found dead; hanging from a tree.

So now the ghost story: it was Easter time, I was thinking of J because of the whole Easter-thing. I went to sleep crying. My sleep was interrupted: I was being physically shaken in a "Get up, get up!" kind of way. I saw a dark figure hovering over me, silent. It was mostly a head and shoulders, but I didn't look for anything more. Panicking, I threw a stuffed animal at it and covered my eyes like a little kid. I hoped for ANY sound from my parents downstairs, and finally heard my Dad making his coffee. I bolted down the stairs so fast and so scared! I told my Dad: "There's someone in the house! He's in my room!" He almost called the Police, it was that real to the both of us. He thought someone had broken into our home.

Later that day, my brother mentioned a story about J. It was this stupid thing that kids do: stick their heads in stuff. Well J had stuck his head in my Grandmother's cat's wicker basket, and his head got stuck. I remember my Grandmother pulling the basket off his head; he was standing in front of the window where the sun was shining in. I didn't so much see his face, but his silhouette. And then it hit me: the shape of his head. The figure hovering over me. I had seen J, and didn't even know it until someone brought him up.

Other hauntings by april

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, april, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
Hello, April.
Read your second paragraph. Did you? O.k. I do not know why I feel this way about this, but I do not think your cousin killed himself. I do not think he was outright murdered, I think it to be an accident. But I do think he was killed.
But, I do not get prophetic dreams. And I am not a psychic. I just sometimes feel things. They are not always accurate, but I usually use more caution when I feel this way. So, for what it's worth...
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
Again, sometimes these paranormal sightings are so frighening and unexpected that it is hard to make sense out of them to make sense out of the fear and panic!

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
Another great one, April. I especially liked the part about your dad calling the police. My stepdad and brother saw lots of lights shooting out from our kitchen one night and while my stepdad grabbed a baseball bat, my brother actually called the police. Upon running into the kitchen to confront what they thought were burglars, the lights disappeared and there was nobody else in the house. The doors were locked. Try explaining that to disgruntled cops at 1 AM...
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
That was a very interesting story, I love reading stories about passed friends and family, coming to check up on loved one.

~Tricia~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: