You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Mavi Kasirgo - Spirit of the Black Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Mavi Kasirgo - Spirit of the Black Cat

 

Mavi Kasirgo means Blue Tornadoe in the Turkish language. Mavi was one of my beloved cats, a beautiful black Turkish Ann. But his life was coming to an end: On December 23 2003, he got terribly sick; He got paralyzed, and could only switch his tail around, and therefore couldn't eat. We took him to the vet, and he was diagnosed with a rare case of cancer that was slowly eating his strength away. We had to put him to sleep on Christmas Eve. I tried to make the best of my Christmas, even though Mavi was gone. Or was he?

At about 7:15 PM that Christmas day, I was sitting in the family Sunroom watching television. I happened to glance into the Dinning room, when a flash of light caught my eye. I immediately looked back, and saw an orb of light dancing above the table. It flew into the next room -the kitchen- and disappeared behind a corner for some time, then flew across the kitchen, and into the basement. I thought I was just seeing things, until it happened again the next night at 9:05 PM. I was in bed, just kinda staring at the wall waiting to fall asleep, when something approached me from the stairway. It was the orb again. It swooped around my room for a few minutes, then it went out of my room, and back downstairs, and what I assumed, back into the basement. This time I didn't think I was hallucinating, and I was up all night waiting to see if the orb would come back.

A few weeks later in the month of January 2004, I was browsing through the internet, when I clicked an article about ghosts. Ghosts had always interested me, and I found the time to read it. It turns out that the article was all on ghost orbs, and that many people thought they were angels in this particular form. I then realized that Mavi had been visiting me. Now, I occasionally see him. I've also seen him as an almost transparent apparition of a cat (only once), and I've seen him as nothing; Only the sound of his paws padding across the floor and into the basement when both of my cats are asleep. The most frequent times I see him is in the basement at night in between 7:00 and 9:30 PM in his angel form. I now believe that Mavi is a sort of guardian angel, and appears before me to let me know he is not gone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Bloodless (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
Very interesting...

I believe you may have a life long friend on your side.

I believe animal spirits are very strong and particularly diligent in sticking with a kind owner or helping hand.

Cat spirits alone are said to be incredibly strong, though unfortunately malicious to those they are not fond of. So you may have a sort of bodyguard on your side as well.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Hi sorry for being late on posting. Thank you for sharing your story. I do think that your cat is still around you, and it is letting you know that he will always love you and watch over you. It is so sweet how animals can love someone so much that they will stick around even after they are gone. Sorry to hear about your cat. 😊
rjwolf93 (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-02)
you should go into the basement there might be something the cat is trying to tell you
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
aww, If I were you, I'd try to see him as often as possible and try to talk to him. He'd probably think I'm his stalker lol :) I love kitties
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-15)
u are lucky athough if it was me I would be to scared to relate. I have 2 dogs that and 3 cats that died a few year ago and oh how I miss them so. I still cry acording to songs I hear or stories I read
Da Mewster (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-02)
Hopefully your dog will be all right, but things die eventually. It's sometimes sad to see them gone, but we have to know they arn't actually gone when they are (confusing, isn't it?).
Da Mewsters BF4L (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-30)
Awwe so sad... Yet I Can relate. I hope when my doggy dies she will visit me!!! Whaaa I hope my Gizmo doesnt die I love her to much... She is sick and she cries alot.
Da Mewster (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-29)
Thanks for the comment, maybe your dog will. I've read that some people are born with a gift to see ghosts without special eqquipment. Your dog might be visiting you without you even realizing it!
Meggerz (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-29)
i think that is so cool! (well not the dying thing, but you now the coming back to life to visit) I wish my dog would do that.... I miss her so much! but you are so lucky to have that!
Da Mewster (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-29)
I did love him more then the world, thanks for the comment. I always believed this to. He was a little shy and timid of me when we first met, and I only recently formed a bond with him before he died.
interested_amateur (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-28)
It's nice to know that Mavi is still with you. I've often thought that many treasured pets will return to their owners to continue their role as both a guardian and a companion. I can tell you loved him very much.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: