You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stranger in the Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Stranger in the Hallway

 

Since I was small, I have encountered different awkward situations that have no apparent explanations. For instance, I remember in one occasion where I was 5 years of age. I used to live in a 2 room apartment with my family and my grandfather. At that time my father used to work early in the mornings and my mother would wake up to prepare lunch. In one occasion my father had to work even earlier than usual, so he woke up at around 3:00 in the morning. I still remember, my mother was in the kitchen when I woke up to the noise she was doing with the frying pan and the dishes she was using to prepare my father's lunch. I woke up and walked to the kitchen. My mother immediately spotted me and asked me what was I doing up, that it was to early for me and told me to go back to bed. I told her I didn't want to and I wanted to help her out. She smiled at me and said ok. Yet she later said that I couldn't help because I had no shoes on and to just sit down on the carpet. So I sat and waited. I just stared at my mother.

As I was talking to my mother and asking her questions on what she was doing because it smelled good and I was getting hungry. I had this sudden feeling that someone was looking at me while I was sitting there on the carpet, close to the kitchen entrance. I turned my head to the living room and everything was pitch black. This rush of cold air ran through my body and I decided to just shake it off and I turned back to see my mother, she was almost done and I was glad. Then out of a sudden I felt that same feeling like if someone was looking at me. I turned my head to see again and saw nothing, everything was dark, then with the moonlight I managed to catch a glimpse of something standing by the doorway to the hall that lead to the rooms and the bathroom. I was little but I knew that wasn't normal. I just saw a shadow. No face no color just a black shadow. Now as I'm writing this, I still can see him clearly. It was the shape of a tall man, I could even distinguished the detail on his clothing, yet nothing had color everything was black.

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming or just seeing stuff. Yet, when I open them again he was still there. I just stood there in shock and trying to figure out who he was. I mean, I assumed it was my father, yet I discontinued this idea for the reason that my dad was chunkier than this man. This figure standing in front of me was tall and slender. He seemed to have on some jeans and a t-shirt. As I was looking at him my mother noticed me looking at something. She then asked me "what are you doing honey?" I just stood there noticing this figure kneeling down to reach my height, yet he was still on the opposite side of me. I then responded to my mother that there was this man on the hallway. She was still putting the finishing touches to my fathers lunch so she didn't pay much attention. That dark figure was there, kneeling and staring straight at me. As I stood there looking at him, he started motioning to me to go to him. He stretched his right arm and with his finger, signaled me to go to him. At this moment I was somewhat afraid. It seemed that he was smiling, I couldn't really tell for all of him was dark, but I had this feeling he was. I didn't move and I just shouted back to my mother that this guy was telling me to go to him and that he was scaring me now. By this time my mother said "who is staring at you honey?" when I turned around to tell my mother and tell her that in the hall ways someone was there.

It must have been 1 minute or less, I looked back at the doorway and no one was there. My mother also looked at the same time and she was like, "look there is nothing there". She then turns the lights and went to see who was there. For she assumed it was my older brother trying to play tricks on me. She went to the room and my father was finishing getting dressed and she asked him if he was in the hallway. He then told us that he wasn't, he was changing, and then she asked if my brother had left the room. Yet unaware of the situation my dad responded with, that my brother had been sleeping all this time. My mother seemed to have a worried face and then went to my grandfather's door to see if by any chance it had been him. His door was locked and if he would have come out, we all would have heard the door. Well, it seemed my mother didn't have any reason for what had just happen and told me to cuddle in the bed with her and go to sleep. After that everything was forgotten.

But ever since that day, I have seen more shadows and heard weird noises. I an now 24 and until this day, I usually don't tell anyone on what I see or hear, because they would just brush me off saying "there you go again with your ghost".

Other hauntings by Deco1082

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

AdriannaMarieCole (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
This was really interesting. I believe that you did see a ghost this was creepy but I liked it
Shadow93 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-31)
That is very interesting, now, I believe that you did see a ghost, but I tried to think of a logical scenario and heres what came to mind;

You wake up, obviously without much sleep and go to the kitchen to help your mom. After she says you can't help, you sit down on the carpet and talk to her. You start to get a bit scared of the dark, this mixed with your lack of sleep and bordom of sitting there, you look into the darkness and try to create shapes in your mind. viola, instant ghost.
Meg (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-30)
That's pretty wierd. I mean wierd as in that man wierd. Do you have any idea of who it was? Or any record that he died in that apartment or something? Anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: