You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mother's Anger

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Anger

 

A few years ago my oldest son and his wife moved next door to my parents. My mother has always been a rather controlling woman. My dad is complacent and accepting of her control. But my son thought that he'd be ok living there since she's always been kind to him. It hasn't worked out, so he'll have to move.

That's not the only problem. About two years ago he and his wife noticed a strange anomaly. I was visiting one evening with my son and daughter-in-law and as I approached their home I hear my mother walking, briskly, through their house. She seemed to be in the kitchen area as I clearly heard the cabinet doors being slammed. Their car wasn't in the drive so I assumed my dad was out of the house.

After I'd visited with my son for a few minutes, I mentioned that Grandma must be in a tizzy as I could hear loud noises coming from her house. They both looked at me, stunned, and said that both she and my dad were gone for the evening. They'd been invited to have dinner with friends and had told my daughter-in-law they'd be home after dark.

I became concerned that someone was in their house and suggested we walk over there just to check it out. My son and his wife were hesitant, so I asked why. As they began to tell me about the odd sounds that came from my parents home, I realized that something was seriously wrong. My son informed me that they'd been hearing things like this for a while and the activity increased when my mom was in a particularly bad mood.

Recently my mother has been giving our family a pretty hard time. It can be brought on by most anything she sees fit to be angry over. Right now it involves her over-spending and the fact that my dad can no longer work outside the home. He's in his late 70's and is unable to continue the work he's always done as it is too physical.

Just a few days ago a neighbor was visiting my son. He joked that my parents must be running a race inside their house, when my son's wife told him there was no one home! The neighbor was concerned, like I had been, that there was someone there who shouldn't be.

There has to be "something" there. It escalates whenever my mother's temper does. Any thoughts or information would be greatly helpful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angusd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-17)
Angusd, I personally wouldn't leave a recorder going as they'd most probably find it highly entertaining. Might encourage them.
I've found incense very helpful in keeping monkey business at bay. You could suggest they burn some in their home to at least stop it from visiting them too.
Unfortunately the key to stopping is your mother. So the best you can all do is protect yourselves.
Take care.
marixa310 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
it is hard to say what it is. It could be Poltergeist but also could be demonic. Doubt it though. Not enough information to tell what exactly it is. Could just be spirits running a muck. Anger draws spirts because they can use that energy to move things around and make noises. Try leaving a digital voice recorder on when no one is there and see what kind of thing can be heard.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
I agree with BBJ... First thing that sprang into my head was POLTERGEIST! And most people who manifests them are not even aware they are the cause of it. Like BBJ said, hopefully your son and wife can stay away from that. It usually just stays in that house hold so if they stay clear of your mother's house they should be alight, but who knows really.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Ugh, I can relate to this.
I don't know if you're familiar with poltergeists, but that's what this sounds like to me. The gist of a poltergeist is that an individual (usually a teenager but anyone with an excessive amount of emotional tension) can cause physical manifestations such as loud noises and/or moving objects. It's a particularly annoying type of activity.
Your mother's emotions could be lashing out independent of her will. Usually poltergeist activity happens around the host, but a person's emotions seep into a home's environment. Her residual emotions inside the house could be strong enough to cause manifestations even when she's not there to fuel the energy. And when she's home and in a bad mood, it would naturally be even more severe. Just as an example, my husband and I had to live next door to my mother for a while. She would get mad at us and physical manifestations would take place in our home, mostly along the lines of cabinet doors flying open and hitting my husband, or him being slapped by an invisible presence. It sucked.
I hope your son and his wife are able to move soon. In the meantime, they can try to fill their home with as much positive, loving energy as possible and try to ignore the sounds next door. Poltergeist activity doesn't stop until the host works through their emotional turmoil, and let's just be honest here, some people revel in emotional turmoil.
I wish I had something a little more hopeful to say.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
I think it could literally be her anger causing this. Excess energy causing havoc. Has she or your father noticed anything or is it just when they are not there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: