You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather Still With Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather Still With Me?

 

IN 2008 my grandfather was diagnosed with brain cancer. Of course it devastated the whole family. Unfortunately due to him also being a diabetic and 73 years old, his body could not handle the chemo and radiation treatments. That being said, no one else has had any experiences since his death except for myself.

A month after his passing I was on the phone with a friend in the living room and I was of course discussing this tragedy with a friend. After several minutes my dog at the time started staring at the corner of the room where his hospital bed had been (hospice recommendation) and starts growling. Didn't really pay her too much attention and that was obviously the wrong thing to do because when I leaned back in the recliner, a plant that my grandmother had hanging from the ceiling fell. It was in a plastic pot so naturally I look at it and nothing has broken so I look up to see the hook still in the ceiling. At this point I was confused because flowers don't fall on their own. My friend had heard the plant fall and asked if I was okay and after my explanation I told her I had to go. About 2 hours later my grandmother comes home from an errand and asks why the plant is now on the floor. Naturally she doesn't believe me and she hangs it back up. It never fell again and to this day I can not find any reason why this plant fell.

Another experience in this same house has never been solved and several people have witnessed it. I have a desktop computer that was setup in my room and the way it's designed the power button is big enough to cast a large amount of blue light that keeps a room illuminated. A few friends were over for a sleep over and after movies and games we all decide its time to get some sleep. As we are lying on the floor (didn't want to be rude and be the only one with a bed) we notice the blue light flash. I suggested there might have been a bug flying in the room but a friend stated she had been looking at the light and there was no bug. We brush it off and as we are talking it happens several more times and I decide to cut it off. I turn the monitor back on to see the option for shut down and without touching the mouse I see it moving across the screen by itself

I quickly shut it down and don't use it for over a week until my uncle could look at it but after several hours he was never able to find a reason for it. The computer continued to do this until I moved out and has never done it since.

Other hauntings by rolltide8925

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rolltide8925, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-05)
Hi everyone sorry it took so long to come back. I honestly forgot my login details and had to dig through old stories to find my posts 😭.
Sammiee (3 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
I sense that my great grandfather is still around. He always use to smoke cigars (not sure of spelling). When he is around you will be able to smell it, it will be extremely strong. If you move to another part of the house it is gone. I haven't felt/smelt him around in over a year now it is as if he has just disappeared yet I just hope he is with my grandmother.
You are always able to put things down to family members you have lost but you just have to see if there is any symbols that link them together before you do.
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
I would like to hope it was him. If it wasn't then I do believe something was trying to get my attention.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Rolltide, the plant could still have been your grandfather given that it fell in "his" corner. But you have to use your gut to decide if it was him trying to contact you or not. Only when we are ready can we hear them.
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
The plant was not in place until after my grandfather passed due to the fact he had a hospital bed in that particular corner of the living room. Now since I took care of just about everything due to the cancer fogging his mind I took his death a little more harshly than everyone else and me and him were very close even from an early age so much so when I was introduced to friends I was the little boss. As for the computer... I never really told my grandmother because she has never believed in anything paranormal and the mouse never would land on anything it was just floating wherever it wanted to I still have it but I haven't set it up in 5years. I gave it to a friend of mine and was begged to take it back because of strange occurrences that they never explained. Sorry this is so long.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
I was thinking the same as Hectate, was there some significance to your grandfather and this plant?

The computer thing is very strange. I guess it's possible it could have been accessed remotely by a hacker but that would depend on your setup.
I know the kind of blue light you mean and I doubt it was a bug flying around. Therefore I'm doubtful of a hacker too.
I wonder, if it was your grandfather, if he was trying to use your computer. Not to shut it down but to talk to you. Maybe he was trying to open a text document to leave you a message.

Just a thought.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Rolltide, do you think the plant incident was related to your grandfather? Could he be trying to get your attention for something?
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
Thank you. I have more but I haven't gotten around to posting them yet. I have read a few of your stories too and they are very interesting.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-28)
Hello rolltide8925! It was a nice story you have shared with us.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: