You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Occurances In One Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurances In One Childhood Home

 

This post literally begins with the question "Where do I even start?" Growing up I have an odd family situation. I was adopted by my grandparents at about 3 years old but they have raised me since I was a baby. Please don't judge but my mom couldn't take care of me and I will leave it at that.

The first story was told to me when we moved to the house from my first story and was only told to me because I had asked a specific question of my uncle and my grandmother let this one slip. When I was a year and a half my uncle was killed in an auto accident and my grandparents took me to the wake and everything. Being so young they told me I never really said anything about him until one night when I was about 3. To anyone not familiar with Alabama, there was a snow storm in March of '93. (my birthday is in June if anyone decides to add it up and comes back with 4) Anyway during this storm my grandmother heard me giggling in my room and came to check on me. She told me I was in my bed laughing and talking to someone even though it looked like I was talking to the doorway. When I was asked what I was laughing at I simply said "I'm talking to Uncle Jeff. He says don't worry about him he is fine and he loves you and papa." My grandmother has never believed in the paranormal EVER. So when I told her this she wound up in a huge argument with my mom and accused her of putting this in my head. My mom denied it and it was eventually dropped but mama said I talked to him until around the age of 5 or 6 even though I don't remember that.

The second encounter I guess you could say was a little more odd. The way the house was setup my grandparents room was an add on and the back porch was enclosed 3/4 of the way with a storm shelter off to the left side if you came in from their room. This is where this story takes place. My grandmother was cooking in the kitchen in front of their room and asked my to get something out of the deep freezer in the closed off porch. Well I kind of wish I hadn't because when I walked in it was freezing and in the summer that is strange for a room with no a/c. As I open the freezer I hear behind me "What are you doing?" Since it was a male voice I thought it was my papa and replied with "Mama asked me to get something for her," (I call my grandmother mama.) Well I get a response of "ok" and don't think much of it until she asks me to go back because I didn't get the right item she wanted. As I again open the freezer the same voice again asks what I am doing but this time I turned around to where the voice was coming from and to my little kid horror there was no one there. I left whatever mama wanted and bolted straight to my room and as I did so I ran past my grandfather which freaked me out even more to the point I just about power slid into my bed and covered my head. Mama runs in and asks what happened and I told her about the voice and thinking it was papa talked to it and realizing it was not my papa and that it was coming from the storm shelter no one ever went in I ran. She ran to my papa and he went to check the storm shelter and no one was there of course and no one could ever explain this to me or to anyone else.

Other hauntings by rolltide8925

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rolltide8925, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Yes, I deleted it for being off topic. Part of the job and stuff.
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-09)
BadjuUjuu I didn't see that comment cute princess posted did you delete it?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
Cute princess, if you want to talk about your experiences it's considered rude to do so on other people's stories. You can submit your own story, and if it meets guidelines we will publish it. Please read the comments guidelines and story submission guidelines.
rolltide8925 (5 stories) (16 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
true. For some reason I am the only one in the family that has these types of experiences. Sometimes it gets on my nerves to tell my stories and people offer me the crazy card so i'm happy I found this site so I can maybe get some answers.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
Rolltide, I just have to comment. I'm from Alabama too and remember the "Blizzard of '93" very well! As for your experiences, I'm afraid that I don't have much to offer. I'm still fairly new to all of these types of discussion, but have always been interested in the paranormal. My personal opinion is that our loved ones can come to us after their death. I'm not sure exactly why this is, especially when we believe they are at peace, but I believe sometimes it is a way to comfort us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: