You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Dark Figure In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Figure In My Room

 

I grew up in a small apartment as a child, where a lot of bizarre, scary things happened. Small objects moving around in broad daylight and I would hear voices or clicking sounds from time to time. My mother experienced the same things, so I know it wasn't my imagination. We got used to it after living there for years, but there is one experience that still freaks me out until this day.

When I was about ten years old, I shared a room with my mother. Because it was a small home, you could see almost every room if you stepped outside the main bedroom. On the left there was a guestroom, on the right the kitchen and facing our bedroom was the living room and the second bedroom. Anyway, back to the story.

It was like every other night. My mother was reading a book in the kitchen and I went to bed first. After a couple of hours, I woke up.

I saw my mother standing right next to my bed. It was dark so I could only see her silhouette. She had a modern 50's-like hairdo at the time and the outline of her hair was clearly visible.

She was looking right at me. I just thought she maybe wanted to be sure I was sleeping. So I closed my eyes again. I found it strange that I did not hear my mother walk or move. After a minute, I opened my eyes again... She was gone!

Rather confused, I decided to look for her. I saw her sitting on the kitchen table and asked what she was doing in the bedroom. My mother looked at me, raised her eyebrow and said, "Bedroom? I'm still reading..." I was so scared!

Looking back, I think something is strange. Why did the dark figure look like my mom? Was it trying to pose as her? And why?

I try not to think about it too long... Typing this raises the hair on the back of my neck...

Other hauntings by Chichi

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chichi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-05)
Wow... That would be scary. I myself have seen my own shadow figures as a kid and they kind of acted the same way yours did, but mine tried to touch me.

Maybe you should look up the history of your apartment building? Usually you kind find "what's up" there. 😊
Chichi (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Thnx for your advice Mustafa, but we don't live in that house anymore:)
mustafa (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
I the bedroom, that sounds familiar, because that is when evil spirits (demon djinns) tend to attack people, in the middle of the night or when they are about to sleep, I suggest that you smudge or smoke your house with sage, that if you want when to get rid of them
Chichi (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Hey SDS! Thank you!

My mother knows about the paranormal things happening in the house, in fact she has seen figures as well.
I'm almost certain it was not a relative. There are more spirits living in that house and one of them has attacked my mother more than once. (in our bedroom)
Since she moved, it did not happen again. Thank God!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
mustafa - people keep repeating the same thing because obviously they, like you, believe what they are saying. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and permitted to share that opinion on our site, as long as it is respectful.

We represent many cultures, religions, nationalities on our site. Not everyone believes the same. Keep that in mind, will you?
mustafa (9 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
I don't know why people keep repeating the some old thing that those things are dead people, they are not dead people, they are not even people, they are djinns, or worst it could be a demon djinn, and that what I think this case is about, they can take any form or shape they want, they rarely take their true forms, demons do that to confuse and scare people, and to hide their true identify, so it wasn't your mother or some dead relative, you said that she woke you from your sleep and looked black, and you were scared of it, I know that you felt a strange fear about it, people also tend to wake when there is a presence in their room, so don't say anything to your mother, you are only going to confuse her, maybe scare her,
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Hi Chichi, welcome to YGS. Did you discuss this with your mother and what was her reaction? Also, did you ask your mother if any of her relatives, her mother or sister (s), who passed on looked like her. Perhaps they might have come to visit you and to check if you are alright. I don't think there is anything to fear about it if you have felt that the entity was not harmful.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Chichi (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Haunting_Marie13,it's possible!
I moved 6 years ago but I remember strange things happening almost every night in the few weeks before I left. Like my pillow ending up all the way at the other side of my room... Every time!
Or that my vanity was moved away from the wall...
I think the spirit did not want me to leave.
Haunting_Marie13 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Maybe the figure just wanted someone to care about them or it wanted something from you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: