You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Gold Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Gold Mirror

 

This is my personal account. One of many but this one has always bothered me.

When I was in my teens, about 18, I had a gold oval mirror in my bedroom (I'm 23 now). It wasn't anything to special, it was a plastic frame and about 3 feet tall. I shared this room with my twin sister for several years. Never noticed anything odd about it. I believe my sister had recently moved out or was gone frequently. So I began to be alone in the room more.

One night I was sound asleep, I had my radio on low like I did every time I slept alone. I've always been afraid of the dark but I'd decided the last few nights to have all lights out, so I could get over my fear. It was sometime in the early morning (still dark outside) when I heard a crash in my bedroom. Everyone was asleep in the house but my mom came running through house to see what had happened. The mirror had come half way across my room and laid against the wall next to me behind my bedroom door the door was closed. Mind you, I had an old closet where the doors were gone so I put my bed partially inside, so my head was in the closet.

So I looked to see how the mirror could have fallen. The nail was sturdy as ever in its place. I checked the wire on the back of the mirror also still intact. So I hung it back up there and it sat as still as it ever was. For several months.

Then one afternoon my sister, my friend, and I were just hanging around in my room like normal. I think we were just getting ready for the day. My friend was laying on my bed talking to her dad about college and it got pretty heated. All of the sudden the mirror shook violently and my sister saw this too. We freaked out of course. The mirror didn't fall or anything either. We asked our friend if she saw it and we were surprised when she said she didn't even notice. She was literally 2-3 feet away.

We didn't hear any loud bangs or doors slamming prior. We tested the doors around the house and stomped on the floors but nothing had that tremendous of an effect. After that as far as I know nothing more had happened with the mirror. I no longer have the mirror but I do have a photo of what the mirror looks like and I will draw out a visual of my old room and where things were placed.

Thank you for reading. I'd love your feedback, of any kind.

P.S. I've also had many times of sleep paralysis in this same room. Maybe there is a connection?

Http://imgur.com/cbjt0Pj,0QN5JGz

Http://imgur.com/cbjt0Pj,0QN5JGz#1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bone_rose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-20)
Hey bone rose thanks for clearing my doubt... Trust to god... Everything will be fine

Stay blessed dear... 😊
bone_rose (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
And thank you for the diagram comment! I just want y'all to know I'm legitimate and that I take this seriously. 😊
bone_rose (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Hey thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it! Sorry the blank smudge is me, I edited myself out. Sorry for the confusion.
We got rid of it a couple years back. Odd thing is, nothing of the haunting sort has really happened to me since. Except the occasional vivid night terror or sleep paralysis.
Which is strange because I experienced a lot of stuff my whole life.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-18)
Awesome bone rose... I am glad you tried to draw diagram of your so that every body can understand. The experinece is really creepy. It's good you don't have it right now.

May I ask you, what is that blackish thing over mirror. Is it a reflection of anything or the broken mirror? I am confused. 😕
stayoutofthetunacan (5 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-06-17)
I suggest smashing the mirror. It could be haunted, smashing it will release the trapped spirit.
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Mirrors can be bad business. I'm glad you no longer have it. I would get rid of the picture of it as well. Holding on to it is just an invitation to further trouble.

It's very possible that the first episode was sleepwalking. That does not mean it was not paranormal. Sleepwalking is often a step along the road to possession.

If particular objects are the focal points for scary activity, then get rid of them. Make the trouble have to start over from scratch. Do not grant access to objects that the troublesome have already managed to manipulate or control. It is your room, your possessions, you have control.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: