You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paranormal Activitiy After My Mother Used A Voodoo Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Activitiy After My Mother Used A Voodoo Doll

 

We've been dealing with paranormal problems since my mother used a voodoo doll in 2010. There are ten people in our 3 bedroom trailer: five adults, five kids. Thankfully the kids haven't been messed with.

At first it was just little things, stuff disappearing, seeing things out of the corner of our eyes. Now it's escalated to physical attacks and seeing things clearly. My mother was scratched while taking a bath. I've had several things thrown at me shoes, glasses, and once a knife.

My mother has only seen grey shadows no details but I have been seeing worse things. In the past week alone I have been woken up by a tall grey shadow six foot five or six foot seven. It has a dark trench coat and what I can only describe as a cowboy hat. One time when this man woke me up I couldn't move at all. I tried to scream but nothing came out. My mother, for some reason, came in my room that night and as soon the door open the man disappeared.

I have been slapped punched in the stomach, even had my hair pulled. My sister has seen small shadows the size of a small child. Her things have disappeared only to reappear as well. My father and my sister's boyfriend dismiss everything, claiming we're imagining it. I've tried saying prayers using pure salt on doorways, nothing is working.

We do not belong to a church so we can not ask for help from them. We need to get this thing out before it starts messing with the kids. Please help us. This thing seem to be getting bolder. A vase that was on the counter almost fell on my 8 month old nephew's head while he was playing with his toys.

Other hauntings by luke77

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luke77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-30)
I am very familiar with the shadow with the top hat and the trench coat. I have been seeing the exact same spirit since I was very little. I always called it the "hat man". I have a story on my profile called "The Dark Hat Man" about the times I've seen the same entity. This spirit is not good at all in my opinion.
I think you should definitely seek help from a church and also seeing what you can do to make sure that no one where you live practices voodoo there again. Voodoo is nothing to play with and can open the door to so many demonic and evil spirit attachments.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-02-22)
ParanormalWitnessTV - you have previously been asked to contact our administration about putting a notice on our home page for your show. We prefer you don't solicit stories from our members in this manner.
PARANORMALWITNESSTV (10 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-02-22)
Hi Luke,
Thank you for sharing this extraordinary story. I am a producer on the hit Syfy series "Paranormal Witness" and we are looking for stories to feature in the new series. You have described just the sort of terrifying, true life paranormal cases we focus on in our films and I would love to hear more details. If you would be interested in being involved in our series please drop me a line at: olive.king [at] raw.co.uk
Thank you
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
luke77, given all the advice you've been given and your continued confusion upon what to do, I think your best solution is to get a professional involved. I love all the ideas of smudging, sageing, meditation, cleansing, etc. But in such a busy and crowded home, it sounds as though you haven't had much time or inclination to ensure you use suggested measures fully and correctly. Get a professional. Houngan, mambo, priest, priestess... Pick one. You're in over your head, IMHO.
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Agreed. Rook makes a good point. In a house of ten, quiet time is sure to be at a premium. The nice thing about burning sage is you can do it in the midst of chaos (not optimal, but when the going gets tough...) since all you are effectively doing is cleaning the air.

Whenever and however you decide to move forward, be sure to make prayers for protection a new part of your daily routine.

P.S. As rook said, if you can find a willing clergy member, move forward with a blessing as soon as possible. Good luck!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
ZulaGirl,

The same could be asked concerning the sage smudging you suggest. Where does one find the time?

Reguardless of the method, ritual or process used the individual performing it will have to MAKE the time. It is up to the individual just how much time and effort they wish to devote to WHICHEVER cleansing they have chosen to preform. That includes making time for clergy (Church Officals) visiting the home to preform a blessing, exorcism or banishment. They ALL take an investment of time and effort.

Luke,

Your take away should be this... WHICHEVER method you choose to go with is going to take time and effort on your part... Be prepared to invest both into clearing your home no matter HOW you choose to go about it.

Respectfully,

Rook
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Honestly, I like rookdygin's suggestion about sunlight and fresh air. Get as much sunlight and fresh air into the house as possible. I think the ritual is a bit unrealistic. When are you going to have the time and space to conduct such a ritual? Besides, ritual can backfire.

Your night experiences sound like possible night terrors. I'm not saying that there is no entity but the lines between subconscious manipulation and dreaming are thin and open to interpretation.

I agree that you must shield yourself. A great trick is a salt bath. Take a salt bath at least once a week, probably twice a week to start. All you need is salt and a bathtub. Draw yourself a bath and have a bowl of salt ready. Once you are in the bath, stand up and massage the salt into your skin, then rinse off. This is a simple and effective cleansing activity.

Also, spread a mixture of salt and rosemary around your bed. Refresh it every evening. Say the words "only good may pass this barrier." Also, take some vinegar and lightly coat your door frame. If this does not do the trick, then add some garlic to the mix.

If you can find a quiet time (daytime only) where you are by yourself or only with another family member who not only lives there, but is honestly willing to help, then sage the house. Be warned, saging can provoke further activity, so be careful. Also, invest in some good salt. Non-iodized rock sea salt or Himalyan pink salt are very effective. Salt all doorways each day, not just one. Say the words "only good may pass."

Finally find that damnable voodoo doll and cover it in a coating of vinegar and baking soda. Put it in a paper bag with good salt and whole garlic cloves. Leave it be for a week, then repeat with fresh ingredients. Do this for a full month. Write on the bag 'no more evil shall persist.' Each day say these words out loud. Place the bag somewhere everyone can see it daily. Everyone should help participate in this exercise by saying these words to the bag. It would be best to have the person who started this mess take these steps, but you as a blood relative should serve.

After a month, throw the bag in the garbage and dump a couple of cups of salt (good salt) water on it. Then take the garbage out and sage the house. Do not forget continued prayers for protection.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
luke77: Ten people in a three bedroom anything is pretty crowded. I'm sure tensions run high just because of that. I would imagine that the home isn't always tidy and neat as a pin? That's not to say that a messy house isn't a happy one, only that there may be one or two people who get frustrated feeling like they're the only one/s who clean up, and others who feel they shouldn't have to because of jobs or child rearing, and still others who could care less. There may also be an issue with the monetary contribution of all of the adults. All of that aside, just being in the same space with that many people on a day-to-day would wear even the most solid nerves raw. I can see where a situation like this could create a ton of negativity.

Please understand, I'm not trying to pry into your personal business, just trying to show you where some or most of the negativity could be coming from. There are, more than likely, more pressing matters in your home than a poppet.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
I am with Ladydarke and Rook on this. Cleanse your home. Give yourself some distance for peacefulness and balance. Try an on-line meditation. Google it. You should find many free techniques. Perhaps even yoga or Tai Chi. Bring the peacefulness home with you. Your intent is the most powerful thing you have. Choose. Fear and angst are rampant in our society. Choose the other. But you have to consciously choose positives. Best to you and your family.
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
luke77,

I believe you're asking the wrong question.

It appears to me that the doll was simply a tool which opened a doorway. A doorway is composed of two parts: the slab of material which forms the door, and the hole its set in which is the actual entry point. Think of the doll as the door part, which is already standing ajar. It's out of the equation: it doesn't matter and is not the solution that you think it is. It seems to me that what's happening is that you have an open doorway, portal, or hole through which negative entities are entering.

A more effective question would be, "How do I undo this doorway?"

To my understanding, you might think of it as a portal from another place. That place has an atmosphere which is negative. Its denizens need negative energy to exist; think of it as the atmosphere of their world/dimension/whatever. Like cosmonauts, they can come through into your house because with all the stress in your household, they are entering into a compatible negative atmosphere. Change the atmosphere in your home to the positive, and it would be like the moon to them: they couldn't breath, couldn't exist there, because there would be no atmosphere.

I would say the doll is irrelevant at this point. The portal is your concern.

Try the recipe that rookdygin gave you. That will most likely provide immediate relief, a temporary change of atmosphere.

There is little point to a disposal ritual for the doll to counter the first ritual with the doll that opened the doorway. These exist but, as you have seen with this whole situation, if you don't know what you're doing such things may have no effect or an undesired effect. Therefore, it follows this is not a good solution for you.

Please understand that the only way to get lasting results will be to disperse the hostility in your household and create a more harmonious home environment. I understand this is not a quick fix. Suggesting a person make profound changes to their attitude, world view, and lifestyle is a vast undertaking. To get four other adults to do it with you is even harder. However, as is so often true, the more difficult solution is often the most complete.

Even your posts seem, to me, to be rather distracted and stressed as it will often take several rapid fire comments for you to type out the whole of your thought. If that's an accurate reflection of your state of mind, I would think it's a difficult state to be in when trying to solve any problem. I think your first step should be to step away, try to somehow find some serenity for a few days, and just give yourself the gift of some distance and peace of mind to consider the problem and all the advice you've received so far, so that you will have the clarity to wisely plan your approach.
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
does anyone know how to get rid of the doll do I burn it bury it please tell me what to do with the doll
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
luke,

If (IF, IF, IF) smudging is getting that kind of reaction you may want to try something like I have posted... Well here is a cut and paste... No 'searching required'.

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

YES you may meet resistance... You have to 'push through' you CAN NOT just stop... By stopping you are saying its stronger than you... Basiclly you let 'it' win.

I strongly suggest begining with shileding yourself... Then proceeding with the Cleansing. Both will work better if you preform them yourself but there is not hard and fast rule that say you have to do this by yourself. The more positive energy the better.

If this does not work... Contact a Church... Membership should NOT be a requirment to help an individual or Family in need... If the Church does... Move on the the next becasue 'The Lord does not abide where Charity is not' (or something to that effect).

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
i tried smugging the house ealier today by myself I had to stop when I was attacked this thing started throwing random silverware when I tried smugging the kitchen a fork scraped my cheak
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Larkin, ladydarke,

Between the two of you I think the 'nail' has been hit right on the head.

Thank you both for your excelent advice and insight on this experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
ladydarke (113 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
I agree with Larkin.

Luke77, I think your first steps should be to try smudging or otherwise cleansing the home to clarify the energy. This will probably need to be repeated frequently, at least at first, whenever it starts to feel necessary: see my earlier Raid analogy.

Secondly, if the negative atmosphere isn't cleared up among the family themselves, the tendency will continue to be toward drawing negative energies. As within, so without. Look to yourselves first, dealing with and clearing away lingering personal issues for best results. Each must find their own way forward of course, but I think the Dalai Lama does an amazing job of teaching happiness.

I'm inclined to think that if this can be accomplished, you don't need to worry about the doll.
Larkin (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
I don't like the idea of someone implying that "voodoo" is necessarily some sort of "black magic". There really isn't any black or white magic when it comes to voodoo.

The term voodoo can cover a pretty big spectrum of different topics, religions and practices and in general it's uses are regulated based on the person's own desire.

Voodoo dolls can be used for a ton of different things and most aren't considered "evil".

With that being said, some of this could be explained. A little bit of what you said could be explained with sleep paralysis, which is a pretty common thing to happen to people at least a few times in their lives, which can result in temporary paralysis of the body and depending on which mode your brain is currently in when it happens, audio and visual hallucinations.

You also mentioned that there is a "good bit of hostility" in your home right now. I suppose it is completely possible these negative emotions are a generating psychokinetic response in the home or the negative energy is attracting malevolent spirits to your home.

I personally don't think it's the doll, I hope whatever it is, you can find out and get it taken care of.
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
ive also been kind of depressed my girlfriend recently informed me because of a accident she can no long have children
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
how do we get rid of the doll safely and ill be honest there's a good bit of hostility in the house constantly
ladydarke (113 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Luke 77,

I'm thinking that just because the doll was obtained in New Orleans doesn't necessarily make it "legit." A Houngan or Mambo making spell kits to sell to the public should be building in protections, making sure users go through the Rada nation, and including the correct order of things.

There's no telling who actually put this doll together and what kind of qualifications they have.

Please remember that Vodoun is the religion of a persecuted people, slaves who were forced to hide their true faith and convert or at least pretend conversion to Catholicism. The reputation "voodoo" carries of being evil and bad is one forged by slavers trying to systematically eradicate the heart of a people. Today, Vodoun is practiced by millions of people in many nations... Yet even today, there are those who would blame the tragedy of the Haitian earthquake on religious bias.

Because the magical practices attached to Vodoun were worked by a desperate people, need sharpened the craft to a precise point, rather like laser surgery compared to the scalpel of other magic systems. Only what worked could be kept, and bits and pieces were freely incorporated from other systems so long as they proved effective. There was no place for fluff or flash among a people fighting for survival. Practitioners will tell you this is the most powerful magic in existence.

"Rootwork" tends to mean hoodoo, folk magic as exists outside the organized religion.

Luke, it is possible you will need the assistance of a houngan or mambo to solve your family's problem. If you like, I can refer you to a mamba with a strong web presence who sells spell kits and such that I feel to be safe and genuine. Personally, I think this would be the best route for you to go.

Does your mother still have the doll? If so, where and how does she keep it? Does she still have the instructions that came with it?

Was Papa Legba a part of this ritual, being asked to open the gates at the beginning and to close them at the end?

Most spellwork involves presenting the Loa with a gift after having asked for their help; what the gift is depends on the Loa involved. Was this included in the instructions and, if so, did your mother make the offering?

Your cowboy hat man, by the way, isn't tied into Vodoun that I know of. In fact, I believe a shadow person wearing a hat is often sighted in various hauntings. Nobody really knows what shadow people are, but here's the wikipedia just in case you haven't heard of the phenomenon before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_person I notice there's even a documentary specifically on the Hat Man, though I haven't watched it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLJiD_6jgZ8

A lot of what you're describing sounds to to me like an infestation of negative energy entities. I'm still leaning towards the "dabbling" - that your mother worked a spell without really understanding what she was doing and has simply opened a door and left it ajar for any entities to wander through, as is often reported happening with a ouija board. The physicality of it with the throwing things and hitting people sounds pretty intense though and needs to be dealt with.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Luke77,

Your experience in your house is very disturbing and scary. 😨

If those entities are getting violent and aggressive, better ask for help in churches even if you do not have one. I am pretty sure they will help you. If you are a Christian, the best way to do for now is pray.

God bless.

---Bela---
Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
EDIT: In my previous comment I kind of made a mistake. I said "I know nothing of voodoo because I don't practice it." Then in the next paragraph I explained how it works when someone works voodoo on you.

Before anyone gets confused, I just want to clear this up and be more specific about what I meant... I know nothing of vodoun as a religion and all of their practices. But I do know the effects of what it can do to someone.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
I am with lady-glow here. Your family suffered because of your mother's sciolism and ardor of money and health.
I guess that your mother either was miss-guided or consulted with wrong person.
How could one can get good health and money by doing black magic.
I don't know much about voodoo but I know this that Voodoo is done on others either to disturb them or for cure of some diseases (Although I don't know whether it is true or not).
Your mother should have prayed to what you believe in rather than calling dark for rescue.

Regards
Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Luke77: This is something I don't tell anyone but since you are going through something similar that I once have, I will try to help. I know nothing of voodoo because I don't practice it. However, my household family has been affected by it for many years, all due to jealousy from an outsider.

When someone works voodoo on you (some folks call it "roots"), they are essentially concentrating their negative energy and they use it to conjure a spirit of someone deceased to do the "dirty work". Depending on the intent of the sender, that's how the spirit will affect the person/people involved. In my home we have experienced many of the same experiences you had, but for the most part the only person who was physically assaulted was my mother. Countless amounts of times we would feel cold spots and hear footsteps and things like that through the house. It was crazy. Some of those experiences I will eventually post to this site (I'm new here so I haven't done so yet).

We (my immediate family) tried for many years to get rid of the spirits. We went to priests, tried psychics, white magic practitioners. We pretty much did it all.

After so long I finally took it upon myself to study the nature of spirits. Knowledge is indeed power. What made the evil spirits finally go away was that we had to stop showing fear. We had to get rid of any negativity inside of us that would give these evil spirits the strength to affect us. Once we created a positive environment, physically, mentally, and spiritually, the activity slowly ceased.

In the end life is all about energy and the universe was created from it. That's all spirits are. When it comes to energy, like attracts like. If you show fear or you are a conduit for negative energy, you will attract negative spirits. Only positive energy can protect you.

Hopefully this will give you at least a little insight on how this stuff works. I hope that you will find a solution to your specific problem. They can be difficult to get rid of but you can do it.
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
also my mother did not know it would evil for asking for happiness wealth and prosperity
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
she asked for wealth health and prosperity she used the white pin not the black pin
luke77 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
my mother got this legit doll from a woman in new orleans when she went shoping for spirit things
ladydarke (113 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Does your mother practice the Vodoun religion?

When you say a "voodoo" doll, are you actually referring to icons of the religion used to call and work with the Loa or spirits of that religion? If so, was she working with the Rada or Petro nation?

Or are you simply using the term "voodoo doll" generically? Did she just make or otherwise obtain a "poppet" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppet which would be the non-denominational term for an effigy of a person used in casting spells on that person and does not involve the Vodoun religion or spirits? If so, what, if any, were the spirit helpers she was attempting to invoke while working with her doll?

Has she any established spirit helpers with whom she has worked before and has a relationship? Has she any guides or guardians? Has she any experience or knowledge base in spellcraft or was she simply dabbling?

If dabbling, it seems to me that is almost a best-case scenario wherein she simply threw out an open invitation, much as using a ouija board will open a doorway, and got one or more negative entities who replied. I say 'best-case' because that would mean she didn't specifically summon some powerful spirit and make a pact or invitation that must now be resolved. So if she was dabbling, and furthermore was conjuring from a bad place of negative emotions herself, note that "like attracts like" and entities of the same vibration would have been more likely to respond, leading to your family's current situation. If this is the case, and no particular spirit was specifically invited, then I suspect any sort of smudging or cleansing ritual should help.

I have read that smudging works because it alters the ions present in the atmosphere of the home to make it unpleasant for negative entities, but this is of course not permanent. Seems sort of like spraying Raid: it eventually disperses and the pests come back, right? So with a bad infestation, you'd have to keep bombing the house regularly to make sure the pests stay out.

Meantime, and even better, would be changing the energy of the home by trying to bring in light, laughter, generally happy energy. Fear and fighting and other negative things in the home will only provide a nice environment for negative entities and is essentially feeding them. My advice would be to perhaps use this haunting as a catalyst for the family to get past any old or ongoing issues, which is good thing to do anyway. Work out family problems and stresses, involving a counselor if necessary. At the very least, try to get everyone to leave the problems at the door and not bring them into the house. I realize that's easier said than done with five free-willed adults in the family, each with their own set of stresses.

I think with your case, your solutions depend a lot on the nature of the ritual your mother performed, beginning with whether or not she was actually practicing Vodoun.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Luke77: I guess your story is a good example of karma getting back to some one, although it is terrible that your whole family is being exposed to the consequences of your mother's actions.

I think it would be wise to ask help from a church, even if you don't belong to one they would understand your situation.
Of course this would imply a degree of commitment to make some changes in your life.

I'm sure you will get lots of good advice from many of the members in this site.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: