You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Noises And Movements From Outside My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Noises And Movements From Outside My Room

 

I've been sensing this presence in the hallway for a while. At first it was just a presence, I never heard or saw anything there but there was definitely something watching me. I could even sense where if was in the hallway as I went from my room to the bathroom. I don't think its anything bad, I don't particularly fear it, but I don't get the feeling it likes me either.

Well, lately I've been going through some stuff. My boyfriend and I broke up after nearly 2 years, I've been arguing a lot with my dad and he threw me out of the house after one of them, I got kicked off my course at college in and I have gone back to some very self-destructive and reckless behaviours that I don't want to discuss here.

It was around a week after I got kicked off my course that the feeling of being watched got stronger. Not in a way that made me feel afraid of it, but it's very unsettling. I could actually feel eyes on me, usually coming from the corner between my parents and brother's bedrooms.

Now this would usually be okay, but then the noises started. Thumps coming from the hall. Like someone is pounding their fist against the walls. It's very loud, and has woken me up a few times. My brother has heard it too and seems just as clueless about it as I am. With no explanation and nothing seeming overly wrong, we just pushed it out of our minds and let it continue.

But then the whispering started, always too low to hear clearly, coming from the hall. My dad, brother and me have all blamed each other for this. But it always seems to stop the moment one of us opens our door and looks outside. It's always too low to catch any words clearly, and it's always a male voice.

Around the same time this has been going on, I've been sensing a presence in my room too, I'm very sure it's the same one from the hall. It's always in the corner by my door, and I know it's watching me. I've felt it move around my room a few times and there's the occasional whisper, but still too low to hear clearly.

This is pretty much a common occurrence after a few weeks. I know to expect my room to go darker at around 1AM, to feel the presence and for it to leave after a few minutes. All okay, I can coexist with that very peacefully. It may not give me the sense it likes me but that's fine.

Well, then there's this night a few weeks back that has made me think this thing wants something. I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth. It was around half one in the morning. My brother and dad were in bed, my mum was downstairs. Since the door was open, I could see the hallway clearly, and you would have to pass the bathroom to get to my room.

There was this massive crash coming from my room. It shook the floor, I'm not even joking. It woke everyone up and we went to my room to find my bass amp had been knocked over. This is the only time it's moved anything so far.

After that, the whispering and noises in the hall have been getting more frequent, and I've been feeling the presence more in my room. I think I've been seeing it in my room sometimes, it just stands in the corner by the door where I usually feel it's presence. It doesn't make me feel afraid, unsettled maybe but I don't fear it. It's this dark shadow that just stands there, that's the only way I can describe it. It doesn't have any eyes that I can see, but I can feel it watching me. The sightings have only happened a couple of times, usually I just sense it there, and it sometimes moves so it's standing by the book case on the other side of the room.

I want to ask it what it wants, and why it's here but I'm not sure if I want to know the answer.

Other hauntings by PerfectInsanity

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PerfectInsanity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Larkin (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
I agree with Maybe. Sometimes a peaceful compromise can happen just by taking.

It may feel stupid but it may get results.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-03)
Hey P.I

Maybe you could trying talking out loud to the entity telling it that it is not welcome unless it starts behaving itself. If it has something to tell you or needs help, maybe ask it to leave subtle hints for you but if it continues to scare you please do Rooks cleansing ritual that Tweed has linked for you.

I wish you best of luck & light 😊
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Sounds like this thing is feeding off your negative energy. I agree with Tweed, please try meditation to calm down and hopefully help you gain some control over some aspects of your life. Please take care.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Hi Perfect,

I'm really sorry you're going through this and that you and your dad are currently at odds. I hope you patch things up and are able to live together again. Also hope you can work things out with your college.

You sound a bit like me, in that you're trying to reason with it, trying to brush it off as 'not that bad'. I did this for a while with something but it wasn't the best thing to do in my case, I feel it's the same with you. What's different with yours is actually your age, believe it or not. Our teen years can attract bad ghosts to us. It really freakin sucks. Thankfully though, the kinds of ghosts who are attracted to young adults or people in their teen years are often easy to get rid of.
I'm going to link you to Rook's page, for a cleansing ritual, if you haven't already tried it.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Where ever you are living right now, I would still perform some kind of cleansing ritual. It will help you stable your mood too and help you not fall back into self destruction, as you mentioned.
Knocking a bass amp over is not cool. I have one, I know how heavy they are. I'm concerned if this thing is able to knock one over with such force that it rumbles the floor, that this is its way of flexing its muscles.
Try some meditation, I know it sounds like crazy advice, but try to make your priority 'relaxation'. For if you can attain a level of inner calm this thing won't be able 'connect' as strongly with you.

Please keep us posted with how you get on. Take care and be kind to yourself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: