You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Running Over an Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Running Over an Apparition

 

This is another incident that happen to me when I was 5 years of age. Actually since I was growing up I saw and heard stuff all the time. Yet in this event I wasn't the only one that experienced something weird. My parents planned a camping trip for the whole family. The place was Yosemite national park in California. It took us a while getting there but it was all worthwhile. Yet on our way back home, something strange happened, not only to me, but also to my mother.

We headed back home and it was dark. I don't know if many people have been to Yosemite park before, but there is lots of turns and the roads are pretty dark in the night. It's very dangerous if your not a safe driver. As we left, the night was barely setting, my father was driving very carefully and was going in a very slow speed. He didn't want anything happening to us while on the road. I remember that it was already dark and my father was driving and having a conversation with my mother. My big brother and sister were in the back of the van sleeping and as I usually get car sick, I was sitting on the side window smelling air so I wouldn't vomit. All of a sudden, I looked ahead and saw a man wearing a blue jogging pants and sweater, he was just in front of our car walking while we were on the move. We just ran over him. At that same moment I was confused to see that my father did nothing to stop.

Well, as I was recovering from what I saw, I later heard my mother screaming at my father saying "oh my got you ran over him ... You ran over him" My father, confused, asking my mother "ran over who? What are you talking about?" At this time he had pulled over and was very confused to have heard my mother scream and saying he had ran over a man. My sister and brother woke up at the noise and was asking what was going on.

My father managed to calm my mother down. He managed to assure her that he didn't run over anyone. He got out of the van, looked in front of the hood with her. No dents were present, no blood was around, no one else saw anything. At least that's what they assumed. My father told her that it was all in her imagination, that she was tired and just imagined it. Yet as she described the same man, I was even more confused. Why did I saw the same thing as my mother and we were the only ones?

I just let it go and kept my mouth shut. I felt bad in one point because my mom knew she wasn't seen things, yet how could she prove it if no one else saw? As my father got back in the van and started it up, I was debating on I should say something or not. We were driving off and out of the blues I felt an urge to turn back and see through the window. I looked, there he was, in the middle of the road looking straight at me and as we were leaving, he started to jog again and disappeared into the darkness.

We arrived home and no one ever talked about it again and since then, we haven't been camping.

Other hauntings by Deco1082

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Deco1082, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
I have had a similar experience, I was driving late one night near a lake out the back of my home town, I had decided to drive back into town since it was around 2am, and proceeded to get back onto the road to town, as I drove through a strech of road surrounded by heavy tree growth
and then appeared in front of me was a man running he was even wearing a racing vest with a number on it, I braked hard to miss him, but he just vanished... Then so did I straight home, and did not go back out there again, I intended to return there later, but moved for work before I could.
therealcombat (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
My dad had a similar experience that he told me about. He said he was driving late at night along a LOOOOOONG straight stretch of highway when suddenly, he saw someone in the middle of the road. He swirved but hit him anyway. He was sure he hit someone, but there was no damage to the car, and could find no one around. He said he got the chills and felt really freaked out so got the F*** out of there as fast as he could.
kathia (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-07)
that kind of crazy the story you just wrote maybe that ghost didn't know his dead or he got kill in that area while jogin along that path I hope if it was your first time u will see a lot more come in. If anything or u want to talk to someone write to me at kathia_martinez [at] yahoo.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: