You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Saw A Dead

Real Ghost Stories

Saw A Dead

 

Even today, when I think of that night, I still get Goosebumps, I'll never forget that night...

I was 14 years old then, living with my parents in a city named Noida.

One day when I came home, my brother told me that a girl died last night in the house alongside ours. He said "She hung herself by the ceiling fan" it's still a mystery that how she died, she was murdered or it was a suicide...

3 days later, 11 o'clock at night my father had just came from office. After resting for few minutes he asked me to bring a cigarette, I refused at first because the shop was just next to the house the girl was died in but that was the only shop opened at that time. But then I just ignored my fear and darted towards the shop, bought the cigarette at a lightning speed and just came back as fast as I could. Then I told my mom that I'm going to bed and as soon as I got on bed, I fell asleep because I was tired. My brother was sleeping just next to me. It's strange but that's all I remember. When I opened my eyes I saw my parents gathered around me, everyone was staring at me, everyone was scared and my brother had a Band-Aid down to his chin. I asked my mom "What happened? And how'd he get this wound? What time is it?" She said that just a few minutes after I slept I started crying loudly like and was totally out of control. My brother tried to stop me but I grabbed his neck and lifted him straight up, the strange thing is that my brother is three years older than me and yet healthier, but I lifted him with one hand. Then they separated me from him somehow but I then fainted. They say that I was attacked by something evil, I believe it was that girl that died last night.

Then the same night my doubt was cleared because I really saw her. I was sitting on the stairs at the door with my parents and at the corner of the street I saw her. She was like waving her hands and was like calling me towards her. I don't know what happened but I stood up and started to walk towards her but my father grabbed my hands and asked "Where are you going?" I said "Look! That girl's calling me". I guess he didn't saw her but both my mom and dad started abusing her, then she suddenly vanished.

We are Brahmin and in our society somewhere it's believed that abusing an evil spirit keeps them away.

I still remember her face showing no emotion in the dark, wearing a blue skirt and a pink t-shirt. There's something else that I felt, I felt that I was very sad like someone very close to me was dead and I was about to cry whereas I didn't even know that girl personally.

Since then I never saw her again.

Neither do I want.

If someone has any idea about why she only appeared only to me, I'll appreciate your suggestion.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Akshayy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
ok first of all I think it was rather unapropriate to send a 14 year old to the shop for cigarettes at 11pm at night when you have an older brother.

And you said that you were attacked by something evil and that you thought it was the girl? What made you think this girl was evil?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-25)
Askhayy
This is just my theory as you were walking towards her even though you didn't want to. You were mesmerized by seeing the spirit so you walked towards her waving as if she were beckoning you. I could be very wrong but like I said it was just a theory.
Regards
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Thanks, val, that is exactly what I was trying to say to sush. Ah well, sometimes things get misunderstood which leads to major confusion and then trying to explain it...It's like a merry-go-round LOL. Internet, fun huh? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
valkricry,

Even the imagination boggles, good question anyway...
And I'm sure that even if it was a male, there certainly would've been some ways to handle them too.
Although, not every spirit can be handled easily...

Anyway, thanks for reading the story...
Regards
Akshay ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
sushant,

Admittedly, I really am not a good author neither have I ever written any story ever before, its my first time.
Pardon me for If any part is left suspicious, and yet thanks for clearing up confusions that others had, (aakhir biradari wale hi ek doosre ko samajh saktey hain) hehe...
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Miracles, I never mentioned that you didn't believed, I was only trying to clear your confusion, I'm thankful to you for your concern and yet for at least raising a question...
That day I was feeling kind of dizzy and as soon as I saw her, I wanted to cry a lot and when I say a lot, I really mean it...
I'd appreciate if someone can tell me why?

And yes, an another question that when she called me, I wasn't willing but still I started to walk, I knew I was walking but still couldn't stop myself, why was that so? If someone can clear it for me. ๐Ÿค”
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
That's why I sometime hates Internet ๐Ÿ˜ ... Its hard for a person to catch the meaning of a word/sentence, what they are trying to say, specially when English is not your first language ๐Ÿ˜ณ.

You took in in a different way and I interpreted it in a totally different way.

My apologies if any offense meant.

Regards
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Psst, sush, Miracles was really just thanking you, not taking you to task for helping to explain the meaning. At least that's how I took it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Sush,
I've heard of the iron nail, as it is practiced in some parts of the US as well. Some also hang horseshoes, but it is to attract luck more than to ward off spirits. (I was always told to hang it like an U, the opening upwards so the luck doesn't run out ๐Ÿค”.) I've always found it fascinating that although cultures may be vastly different, when it comes down to the paranormal, one can generally find common threads. Thanks for helping me to understand. ๐Ÿ˜Š
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
To Miracles51031- I am not helping anybody here neither I am offending. I have putted my opinion being neutral.

But Yes, contradictory or miswritten points are subjected to be clear from the author to avoid any sort of suspiciousness.


Regards
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Good Morning! Val, In Indian, specially in the northern province, there are many misconceptions/myths (according to me) are accosiated with how ghosts/malicious spirits (both male and female) could be kept away to avoid any sort of damage.

Some of the most prevalents are here under:

1) spiflicate/fixing of an Iron nail on the main entrance:- It is believed that if you fix an iron nail on top of the main entrance (on a wooden surface), it will prevent ghost/spirit from coming under the premises.

2) Fixing a horseshoe above the door- It also states the above point.

3) Burning Matchstick Theory- It is believed that if you encounter with a mail spirit or a necromancer, you should not show him your back, you should drop burning matchsticks retreating back, but should not look/stare at him.

4) Abusing theory- Which as per my knowledge works only on feminine spirits.

But I personally do not believe on the above theories. I believed in more orthodox methods/rituals.

I always believed that possession by a ghost/ghosts, no matter whether it is a male or female on one's body occurs only in a special situation or state.
It is mutual i.e. Your hidden/unconscious emotions, sensitivity towards them or in their world are collectively responsible for it and in the same way, if any demon/ghost wants to possessed a human body is the needs to acquire special prithitions.

But exceptions are everywhere. Sometimes those are also get possessed by ghosts who do not believe in them or their world.

Regards
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Akshayy,
Interesting account, and comments. The idea of hurling abuse will keep a spirit from possessing a person is different. However from what Sush says, it only works with female spirits? What about male spirits then?
To Sush: He said in the story that his father asked him "where are you going?" and he told him,"Look! That girl's calling me", so I guess that implies was a female. But what if it was a male - what would that have done?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Akshayy - I realize our site has many different beliefs and cultures represented. I was just unsure what you meant by abuse (abuse can be used in so many different ways) and why your parents abused the spirit if they couldn't see her. It wasn't a matter of not believing, just not understanding those two things. Thank you for additional information ๐Ÿ˜Š

And sushantkar, I too thank you helping clear up what Akshayy meant by abuse ๐Ÿ˜Š
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
And thanks sheetal for reading this story, and considering it creepy... Haha
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Thanks sushantkar for explaining from my side... You've helped a lot.

And Miracles51031, this world, oh! World is perhaps a very large scale... Let us shrink it just to India. India itself is having innumerable rituals and beliefs. On every next kilometer, you'll explore some new beliefs, some very strange like I even have heard some people saying that ghosts/spirits scare of iron or somewhere people keep horses on their doors believing that they keep ghosts/spirits away.
So I guess it makes it Impossible to know about every single ritual or belief.
Anyway thanks for your concern... And i'll be here to clear doubts if there are any...
Best
Akshayy ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
To Miracles51031- In India, specially in Northan province, it is believed that if you abuse/scorned a spirit, besically a feminine spirit (like witch) it will reduce the posibilities of getting possessed.
I have heard about this femoninan before also but I still don't understand that what if, if it would had been a Male spirit?

Regards
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Akshayy - I have a question I hope you can clear up for me. You said your father didn't see her, yet both your parents abused her? What do you mean by abuse? And if they didn't see her, why would they react in such an aggressive manner?
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Hey Akkshay... Creepy story... I am agree with Sushant here... Most of the time Gana makes you show the ghost. ๐Ÿ˜
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
liza25
Thanks for reading the story...
I'm sensitive to spirits? Umm... I maybe am or maybe not... Actually I'm not sure because I just have experienced these stuffs only few times. I would write other stories very soon...

Sushantkar, Thanks a lot for what you've told, I really didn't know it at all, because I never took interest in these stuffs, to be honest, I was an athiest at that time, never believed in any of these since that experience.
I really appreciate it...

Hecate0, Maybe you're right because I even heard some other people claiming that they saw her, I don't know now because I'm not in touch anymore with that area, that they've found or not that how she died?
Anyway thanks for your suggestion,

Akshayy ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š
Akshayy (1 stories) (11 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Hey Tweed,
First of all I'd like to say that you've got a brilliant mind... You've noticed that even I didn't.
I might have mistook because firstly I wanted to name the story as 'The Girl That Died Last Night' but then I changed it to Saw A Dead. My apologies...

I would like to clear your confusion about cigarettes...
Actually people living in the area we used to live in at that time weren't that law following because it was a local area apart from the city and there weren't restrictions as much as now are... So even a kid even younger than I was could buy a cigarette.

I hope you've got your confusions cleared
Regards
Akshayy
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Hi Akshayy,

Couple questions, if that's ok...

What is the legal age of buying cigarettes in your area? Your story suggested you were 14 at the time.

Also did the time in which you woke up to your family telling you about the attack on your brother happen the day after the girl died? You said it was last night, same as seeing her on the street. I was under the impression it was 3 days after.

Thanks for clearing up any confusion.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Akshayy, ghosts can be very cultural, I think. Sushant, thank you for that description.

Akshayy, could the same negative thing you encountered possibly be 'why' she perhaps died and not actually be her, inherently? It just feels that perhaps this thing haunted that girl. Now that she is gone, it is moving on to greener pastures, so to speak. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing.

Best.
Hecate ๐Ÿ˜Š
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Dear Akshayy, as you would know that in India, people according to our kundalies, Vedas, belongs to various Gans (Stars) namely as Manav gan, dev gan and rakshas gan. Dev gan people are considered to be God-like. They don't have bad habits, they are calm in nature. Rakshas gan people are considered to be cunning, become angry fast, viotant etc and the manav gan lies between these two - normal human-like behavior.
It is also believed that a person who belongs from Dev or Manav Gan, would see ghosts or spirits as they are more sensitive towards them rather that the others.

Hope this will help.

Regards
liza25 (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Well, that was really creepy. I don't know why she choose you anyway. Are you sensitive to spirits, like have you experienced any more of paranormal stuffs before?

Nice story!
Regards
Liza

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: