You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Son's Real Father

Real Ghost Stories

My Son's Real Father

 

I had this boyfriend named Isaiah in high school, and he was the greatest guy I could ask for. He was a year older than me and we'd been dating all through his senior year. He went into the army right after he graduated though, and he was sent to Maryland for basic training, and we didn't know where he'd go after that.

I wasn't ready to be an army girlfriend at sixteen, and we broke up. We stayed on good terms, however, and he wrote me letters and occasionally called me. I was his only real tie to Missouri. He didn't talk to his dad and his mother had remarried and moved to California with her new husband, and really didn't talk to him much. He didn't have any siblings.

Despite keeping in contact with Isaiah, I started dating another boy named Jack. Jack was twenty-two and he worked as a mechanic at my friend's dad's garage. I stayed with him all the way through my senior year, and he knew Isaiah and I were friends and talked, but I never told him that I had dated him.

Isaiah came home in December, and instead of going to visit his mom he came and stayed with one of his friends in Missouri. Jack had been working a lot at the garage to save up for a new car, and I hadn't seen him as often. I hadn't planned on seeing Isaiah, but he encouraged me to visit him while he was home. Eventually, of course, I gave in, and we slept together.

Isaiah knew about Jack though, and after he returned overseas he didn't continue writing me, we basically cut off contact. His mother called me in early January to tell me that he had gotten killed in Afghanistan.

I never told anyone about what Isaiah and I had done, and around Valentine's Day I found out I was officially pregnant. Young and scared, I let Jack believe it was his.

Flash forward to the present and I'm married to Jack with an eight year old little boy, Eli, and a three year old, Parker. Eli is Isaiah's son, but I' decided to wait until he was older to address that with him. Parker, apparently, beat me to it.

He came running out of the room he shared with his brother to tell me that there was a man in there. It was a Tuesday and Jack was working the late shift, so I grabbed a baseball bat from the hall closet and hurried to the bedroom.

I opened the door and turned on the lights, and the room was empty except for a sleeping Eli. I had always been a superstitious person and, based on prior experiences I'd had in the apartment, I guessed that Parker had just meet one of the resident ghosts-scary, but harmless.

I took my three year old to the living room and had him tell me exactly what happened.

"Parker, what was the man wearing?" I asked, trying to figure out which ghost he's seen.

"Camo, but not the stuff Dad wears. It's the stuff GI Jane wears. But he was all bloody."

It took me a minute because I hadn't seen this ghost before, or one similar to it. The ones that hung around the apartment were a lot older - women in hospital gowns, men in suits.

"Did he say anything to you? What was he doing?"

"He was patting Eli's back. I asked him who he was, and he said he was Eli's daddy. I said that wasn't right, because he wasn't Jack, and then he looked kind of mad, so I went and got you."

I froze and looked over towards the bedroom door, and when I paid enough attention I could hear the klink of dog tags.

I shooed Parker back to bed, promising he could sleep in my room just for tonight, and he agreed. I could only conclude that my ghost was a friendly one, wanting his son to know about him.

When Jack came home later that night I told him the truth about Eli's father, and he was upset but I believe it's something we can work through. I still think telling Eli now would confuse him though, so Jack and I have both decided it's best to wait until middle school at least.

Sometimes Parker will show up at my bedroom door and ask to sleep with me, and when I ask why he replies that the man is back again. I don't mind Isaiah visiting his son, but I do wonder why it took him so long to make himself known, and why he hasn't presented himself to Eli yet.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DiamondDani, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Paranormal_SN (8 stories) (25 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2016-12-17)
well...this was beautiful 😊 reading, what I feel is about true love... And I strongly believe that Isaiah might once will make up to Eli 😁
With Regards,
Paranormal_SN
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-12)
Hello DiamondDani - Just in response to your question as to why it took him a while to come visit... My guess is that even dead people need time to process his dead and the way he passed away,
As per your husband, I really hope you both can work this out, ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
RedWolf - in this case I don't blame DiamondDani for not wanting to participate in the discussions. Feeling as if you are being judged and have to explain, and justify, your actions would deter me from talking to strangers about this.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
GoldPhoenix,
I agree with Val you are being cruel. Everyone makes mistakes.
DiamondDani says she will read the comments but will not join the conversation, which makes me mad when people want advice but won't answer questions.
Red
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
GoldPhoenix,
I think your comment is cruel and mean. While you're entitled to your opinion there's no need to be nasty about it.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Wow, Jack is a good guy to work with you on this. And I'm also in tears. It's so hard to lose someone you love. I agree with the others -- it sounds like Isaiah just wants to check on his family. I also agree that Eli should hear the truth sooner rather than later. But you should keep consulting Jack on this, as he is your partner. You'll come to the correct decisions together. Thank you for sharing this story. ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
Either way he's showing love. It could be he wanted to wait to show himself but maybe he wants to enjoy watching him first. He then can show you he is there, Parker is innocent in this and I'm sure that Isiah knew you hadn't told Jack yet and this could be why he showed Parker...

Always better late then never at all ❤

Blessed be to you and yours ❤
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
I don't know. Wardo may be on to something. The truth will out, and maybe sooner is better than later. If Jack is okay with the whole business, then I should think it would be better to tell Eli and his brother sooner than later. I don't think it's possible to speculate as to why Isaiah hasn't made himself known to Eli, but as for why it took so long to make himself known, he may just have found you. When my dad passed away, people felt his presence in the house where he passed, but then we sold it and moved and several months later my husband had a dream in which my dad came to him and told him he couldn't find his way home because we sold the house. I have often wondered if by 'home'he meant us, since the house was still there but empty at the time. He seemed to indicate everything was okay now, and I think maybe it just took him some time to find us. If you are interested in learning more about what the afterlife is like for spirits, there's a fascinating book called Ghosts of the Tsunami by Richard Lloyd Parry.
ahuff6513 (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
It may confuse him at first but he does have a right to know. But you are mom you know what is best for him. His father was a hero, he may not have known him but he will be proud. His father has probably been around a lot more then you know, just at times nobody seen him. Your family will make it through all of this. Maybe what Isaiah needs to move on is to know that your son knows and your son asks him to move forward...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
DiamondDani... Your story is beyond the exception... This is the proof that how much parents love their child. I am agree with the other posters here 😁

Love this... Story
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-24)
DiamondDani: My heart goes out to you. My daughter's father was killed in a motorcycle accident 3 weeks before she was born. Big long story, but suffice it to say to we weren't married. I chose to tell her about her Dad the first time I held her and looked into her eyes. We'd had secrets like this kept in my family (again, a big long story) and I damned sure wasn't going to hurt my daughter the way my family members had been.

Ultimately, it's your decision. You know your son better than any of us here do. But, think about, God forbid, if something were to go wrong with your son's health and the illness end up being genetic. How would you explain it? There are so many other variables, including his taste in music, art, movies... The list goes on. My Daughter is so much like her dad it isn't even funny. 😆

Now, to get to your story. I'm going to share my Daughter's experience with you. As you can see, it's an older story. You can read it here:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9247
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
DiamondDani, please listen to Wardo. I love it when other people say it SOOOO much better than I ever could. 😊

Best to you,
Hecate
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
As a parent of a son whom lost his father, this really hurts my heart. I hope when you do decide to tell Eli he isn't hurt. This story really makes me sad... I am so sorry for your loss. 😭
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+12
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
This is just my two cents, and it may not be well received. Before I say my opinion, please do what you feel is right in your heart.

It is my opinion that waiting until later to tell Eli the truth will only make him resent you for not telling him earlier. Jack is still his "father", biological or not, and that is nothing to be ashamed of, but to be proud of.

I would recommend telling him now. Either now or never in my opinion, but I think it needs to be said. I was adopted as a baby and always knew this. I am so lucky to have had the greatest parents raise me.

It may confuse Eli, but you don't have to go into much detail. You could just tell him that a long time ago, mommy had another friend.

And now that I'm half way through this, I am not actually sure what you should do.

Please forgive me for butting in. I just know that as a teenager it may be harder for him to trust after knowing it has been a secret kept from him. I feel that he deserves to know.

It will be a difficult conversation and may need some well prepared and rehearsed script.

Well God be with you, and I hope you find the right thing to do in your heart.

Again, I am sorry for trying to give advice on such a difficult subject, but I felt necessary to chime in.

Thanks for sharing the story at any rate. It was quite interesting.
Secretstar (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
I think Isaiah loves his son for this he visits him to see if he's okay. I think he's trying to protect his son from dangers. And surely you did the right thing by telling Jack the truth, it possibly gave you relief. And I do agree wth Miracles51031. Maybe he wnts to see his son grow up.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
DiamondDani - maybe Isaiah is honoring your and Jack's wishes to wait until Eli is older to tell him about Isaiah. It doesn't appear as if Isaiah is trying to cause trouble, maybe he just wants to see his son grow up ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: