You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Girl In The Door

Real Ghost Stories

A Girl In The Door

 

My husband bought an old small house and rebuilt it to bigger in 2005. He built it with two doors: the main door, the backdoor and built a wall so we can use the other half of the house as bed and breakfast.

We live in a town with about 5,000 to 6,000 residents, so you hear every stories quickly. We've heard that the house was burned twice and on the second time it burned, a person had to jump from the second floor to save himself but broke both his legs.

Then we moved to the house, the other half of the house was empty but we started to hear someone move heavy things, so we had to go and check everything was okay. Every room empty. Every time.

Then our two cats start to see something, waken up by someone and playing hide and seek with someone we can't see. Then we have family or friends visiting, they hear a man or a girl say something but never thought about it.

We use to have the bedroom door open about 8 inches, so our cats can come in whenever they feel like. One night I slept poorly. It was November but the bedroom was hot. I slept against the window. Woke up and looked irritated at the mountains - then suddenly in the corner of my eye I saw the door was open widely and something big was there. I turned quickly - which maybe wasn't a good idea - and saw a girl standing in the door and looked at us. I freaked out and inhaled loudly - so loud that I woke my husband up. Turn back to switch the lights on and look back. The girl was gone of course but the door was still wide open.

I was so scared that I forced myself to stay awake the rest of the night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Andaria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Hello:

Maybe I missed something, but it didn't sound to me like anything was intentionally trying to harm, hurt, or scare you. If you are not accustomed to paranormal encounters, even a benign presence can be frightening.
If you are not comfortable with what is happening, then (as the others suggested) you can always do a blessing, shielding, or house cleansing. There is an experienced member here (Rookdygin) who has a generic (not religion-specific) cleansing/shielding detailed on his profile under "About me":

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

If you belong to a specific religion, you can look one up online that you are comfortable with performing. Or, you can have a clergyman from your faith do it.
It might need to be done several times initially in order to be fully effective. After that, many people do them periodically. Some do it once a month, or just once a year; depending upon the activity and your beliefs.
Most of what you have described would not frighten me. I would probably classify most of this type of activity as residual, kind of like echoes from the past or an energy imprint replaying. I have lived with activity my entire life, and have learned to regularly pray for guidance and protection. I rely upon my "guardian angels" and the God of my understanding to protect me from anything which might mean me harm. I have learned to trust my intuition to determine if something is not good. As to harmless energies, I leave them alone and most often actually find them entertaining or at the very least interesting. I find it renews my belief that there is more out there.
I hope you find something useful here in YGS, or at least now know that you're not alone in your experiences and that there are safe places to discuss these things without fear of criticism.

Many Blessings,
Lynev
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Sheetal, houses can burn multiple times. It happens all the time throughout history.
Think about all the candles used for light, open fireplaces, ladies old fashioned long dresses, drunk people tipping over candles, animals/children doing the same thing, people falling asleep while a candle does something dangerous or an open fire ember sparks something in the room.
It's unlikely an historical house burnt to the ground, however. Because materials used in days gone were far more fire resistant than the synthetic crap we use today. Today the majority of modern cheap furnishings are petroleum based and therefore burn completely and quickly leading to ummm, I think the technical term is 'blow out' or 'flash out' or something. It's when a fire erupts at it's most violent, hottest peak. This occurred far less in olden days because furnishings were made from natural fibers. Where as today it's mostly synthetic, highly flammable crap.
But unlike today, in old times, the light and heat source was naked flames. Add a lot of flowing fancy clothes, animals/children, drunk people and you have many a disaster in a historical home's past.
I'd guess, given the time of year, this was a residual moment that Andaria experienced. In a cold time of year when fireplaces from the past were likely lit during the evening.
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Hi Andaria,

Unsettling story but I think it will be scarier if you had described what the girl looked like?

Anyways maybe you can comment about it for your readers, thanks in advance.

-Bloodshot-
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Hi, Andaria... As you mention that the house was already burned two time... I don't think any house can catch fire two times consequently... I am pretty sure that the house has some evil entity which do not want you to live there... I suggest you to perform some cleansing method...

Stay blessed 😁
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Hello Andaria, Visitors hears sounds and you have series of unknown happenings. Living in the house, didn't you hear those sounds ever?

Have you cleanse/blessed your home from a priest?

In India, whenever we buy or rent any house/ land, we perform a special worship called grihapravesh (if it is a house) or bhumipujan (if it is a land) in order to ward off any negative spirits or power and for prosperity as well.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: