You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit From My Great Grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

Visit From My Great Grandmother

 

My grandmother lives in Virginia, in a house she inherited from her mother, my great grandmother. I went to stay there a lot, but I did have one weird experience when I was 14.

I had just arrived at my grandma's house and was looking at an old photo album. My grandma walked past and sat down to look at it with me. She showed my all of her family members including her brothers and sisters, her parents, and her own grandparents. She mentioned how of me, my brothers, and cousins, I was the only great grandchild my great grandmother ever met, as I was the oldest and she died only 9 months after I was born. My great grandmother was almost 6 feet tall, had white hair that she permed, and wore giant glasses.

That night my grandma fell asleep quickly in a room on the opposite side of the house from me, and since I wasn't used to the 2 hour time change, it was 2 am and I wasn't asleep yet. I was up reading Little House on the Prairie books when I needed to get a drink of water, I got up and when I looked into the doorway, I saw someone. It was a tall figure who had eyes the size of tennis balls and looked like they were wearing a nightgown or something of the sort. I wasn't scared though, I just laid back down and hid under the covers of the bed.

When I woke up in the morning I remembered what had happened and started thinking about what I saw. I decided to forget about it and then was looking at some more photo albums when I came across another picture of my great grandmother. I realized that her glasses, if the room was dimly lit, could look like giant eyes. The picture showed her standing next to my mom, and I also realized that she was around the same height as the figure I saw.

I talked to my grandma about it and at first she was just surprised. A few hours later, my grandma and I were eating lunch and my grandma had an idea of what she thought had happened. She said that her mom had loved me when I was a baby. I hadn't been to my grandma/great grandma's house since my great grandmother was alive. My great grandma must have been coming back to check on me since she hadn't seen me in such a long time. This would also explain why I didn't feel scared, since she was coming back to check on me.

I hope that the next time I go back to my grandma's house, I see my great grandma again.

Other hauntings by omggraceyloves01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, omggraceyloves01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Wardo - then you are better than I am LOL If I don't edit them, it takes me forever to get to read a new story. And I'm also glad gracey clarified my great-grandma question 😊
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Gracie - Thanks for clarifying.

Miracles - Yep I did. I rarely miss one 😉
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
For every bad/scary story out there it's great to finally read a nice one. It does seem intelligent so you will see her again hopefully if you do please tell more.
DragonLuvrD (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-16)
That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I think that would have been very reassuring, to have her check on you, even if her appearing there must have been startling.
omggraceyloves01 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-16)
Oh and when I said I went there a lot, I meant I went a lot after that. I am now almost 20, and I was meaning that I have been there multiple times, but the time I was 14 was the first since my great grandmother passed.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-14)
So many paranormal experiences are frightening. It's nice for a change to read something like this.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-14)
omggl01:
This a very touching story indeed and you are very lucky that your great grandmother was still alive when you were born.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
A little bit lol. I have never had living great grandmas so to imagine having two was beyond me. You are very fortunate, even though you lost one very early in your life.
omggraceyloves01 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Wardo and Miracles51031, no they are different great grandmothers, sorry that is probably confusing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Wardo, have you had a chance to read her first one yet? If not, when you get a few, give it a read.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
You mentioned that you went to stay there a lot, but then towards the end you say that it was the first time that you had been there since your great grandmother's passing. Could you clarify on this point?

Aside from that, I found the story quite touching. I'm glad she is looking out for you. Thanks for sharing!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
omggracey - is this the same great grandmother as in your first story?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: