You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Somebody Came Into My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Somebody Came Into My Room

 

This story happens a few years ago when I was about 13 years old. My parents had separated a few years before and they now live in separate houses.

I had always experienced something weird in my dad's new house. I am going to talk about one of the weirdest and most fascinating ones I have had.

My dad always told my younger brother and I to leave our bedroom door open. That rule didn't change when we moved. There are only two bedrooms in the house so I got my own room. Of course I left the door open.

Around this age I experienced something called sleep paralysis. For the people who don't know what that is, it is when I am about to go to sleep my entire body becomes paralyzed but I am still awake. When I first went through this it scared me because I was still little but I had gotten used to it at this point in time.

Thinking back I have realized that this occurrence only started happening when we moved and it only happened at my dad's house. It also stopped happening at my dad's house and this is where the story begins.

I always slept facing the wall. My body had gone into sleep paralysis again but as usual I just brushed it off. My door of course was wide open. Sometime after I became paralyzed I heard footsteps out in the living room. The footsteps came right into my room, someone jumped up on my bed and started shaking me. I was scared because not only could I not see what was going on but I was paralyzed as well. I used all of the strength I could muster and I was finally able to turn around. When I did there was nothing there.

After that I had never experienced sleep paralysis again. At first I believed that it was just my imagination because I was young but it felt too real. I also believe that this someone was a child because it felt way to small to be an adult. I have thought of it being my brother since he would have been the right size but not only was he in bed but I never heard the being leave, it just disappeared.

I told my mom of this experience and she thinks that this ghost tried to help me. Could the ghost have been trying to help? Could this have just been my imagination?

If you would like to know more about this experience or you would like to hear more experiences please let me know.

Other hauntings by Melintina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melintina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Melintina (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I do believe it was a child because it sounded like someone very small. I haven't had any past experiences with seizures and I still don't have any. I will surely tell more stories when I think of some.
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Redwolf

I have seen something similar to what your son had in a female and I completely agree some force must be stoping you from getting harmed.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Goggzy
My son had a febrile seizure and it lasted a good 5 minutes. He didn't flail he just pulled his arms up and started shaking uncontrollably. From what I understand people with seizures they could do what my son did or they can hit a wall while in the position the O/P was in, I do believe one of his guardians jumped on him to protect him from whatever force put him from whatever force was doing to him.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Hi Melintina,

I was thinking the same as your Mum while I read your story. Perhaps this was the doing of one of your guardians. Very interesting that you heard the footsteps prior to this on different nights, before you were shaken. Like Wardo I would also love to hear more, if you can think of anything.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
I am not the type who subscribes to the belief that sleep paralysis is psychological in most cases. I feel the contrary. There are so many strange similarities with these cases. Your story is missing some of the similarities I am familiar with. Could you tell us more, we love more around here! Thanks!
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Sleep paralysis can be treated quite easily as you have already found out. But the shaking that did do it could have been a fit/seizure have you had any in the past or present. If not it could have been a child ghost that felt protective of you but most likely a adult ghost can you tell me some other stuff that has happened.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: