You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Duplicate In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Duplicate In The Hallway

 

This is my first story on here so bear with me please. This will have 2 experiences in it.

This took place when I was around 8 years old. My sister and I were staying up late because she wanted to draw and I found that cool so I decided to watch her. It was around 12 or 1 in the morning when I decided to go to the kitchen to get a drink.

As I stepped out of our room (directly to the left was my parents' room) I heard my name being called. The voice sounded like my mother but it wasn't her. Her room door was closed and the voice was so close to me and so clear, like she was standing next to me and calling me. The voice sounded like it was telling me not to do something, like sort of a scolding tone. Being young, I forgot about my need of water and went back into my room.

This one took place when I was about 11 or 12 years old and was living in an apartment. It was an old apartment and I lived there all my life and a couple of strange things happened. This is one of them.

I was in my room, sitting on a mattress against the wall writing in my diary. The mattress was placed so that I could see from the beginning to the end of the hall from the door directly in front of me on the other side of the room.

I was busy writing when I heard keys jingling and our main door closing. Thinking it was my dad due to the jingling of the keys (I always heard it when my dad came home) I was going to get up to greet him. When I looked up in to the hallway, I saw a man in a green shirt walking to the dining room, which was at the end of the hallway, in a mere 3 steps or so.

I didn't really think anything of it then. I went to the dining room, because that's where I saw the man go, and looked around. No one was there. I looked in the kitchen and checked the bathrooms and I still didn't find anyone. I asked my mom if dad was home, and she said no. I was surprised. I told her the story and she was shocked too.

When my dad did come home, we told him the story and he said it might've been my grandfather visiting because the man looked exactly like dad from the back. I wasn't scared though. I never am of this kind of stuff. I actually love it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fabz2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
lady-glow
There is some truth to a mother never sleeps, it depends on the baby. I didn't get much sleep for the first 10 years of having children. My first was up every 2 hours and didn't drink much formula no matter what type of nipple we had on her bottle. She was colicky so it could take an hour to get her back to sleep. An hour later she would be up again. One morning when she was only a few weeks old I grabbed what I thought was formula and it's a good thing that I checked the temp. On my wrist. After I scalded myself I realized I had put coffee in her bottle. After we moved into a house I bought a baby swing and put her in that after a bottle to make the gas come out. My second and third were similar in their first weeks. My oldest son rolled over at a week old. I kid you not. I found him on his back when he should have been on his belly. I yelled at my husband for putting him on his back and he swore he didn't. I heard him waking up over the monitor and went in the room and watched him roll over. At 9 months old he climbed over the end of the crib and fall on his back on a hard floor. I called the doctor at 6 am and his service had the doctor call me back right away. He asked if my son could walk. I put him a few feet away from me and he walked right to me. I said Doc he can walk but it's a good thing he learned how to walk a few weeks ago he's only 9 months old. That day I dismantled the crib and put the mattress on the floor. I have no idea how he climbed over the end of the bed when the side would have been easier.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
Fabz,
Your father told you that it was your grandfather so I believe him as I don't believe that you can have an OBE while awake coming home from work.
If you ever have a problem with a spirit a member named Rookdygin has a Cleansing/Shielding method that many members on this site have used with great success. You may have to do it several times but it does work.
Before you do this you can try telling the spirit that it is YOU'RE home and it is not welcome. This has worked for me. If it is your grandfather he will come back because there is no way to keep grandparents away from those that they love.
Regards
Red
Donald_Trump (4 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
Go to the masjid and call an imam to bless your house. A friend of mine did this and it worked for her.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Fabz: it is said that mothers never sleep... Although I do not exactly believe such a thing sometimes I wonder if a mother's constant concern over the welfare of her children makes her prone to experience 'mini-OBE' in order to keep a watchful eye over her offspring while she takes a well deserved rest.
Verborrhea aside, the voice you heard could had been your mother's 'thoughts' scolding you for been up so late, -does it make sense?

Thanks for sharing.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hi Fabz! I find it interesting that you have had experiences at different locations. Has any other family member seen or heard anything? It could be family watching over you. Some people are more attuned than others and I hope that you never encounter the darker side if this is the case. Just know that you can come here for help and advice or offer help and advice to others if you wish. Enjoyed your story!
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Fabz
This does seem to be friendly so that's why I said this because being pushed/scared isn't something your family wants.
Fabz2000 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Thnx for your opinion Groggzy. I never thought of it that way.
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
This seems like family having your happiness/health in mind as the voice sounded like your mum. Also the man you saw could've been your dad having a out of body experience or your grandad passing through to make sure everyone was ok.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: