You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bent Door Handle

Real Ghost Stories

Bent Door Handle

 

So I was at my dad's a few weeks ago and I was hearing noises coming from the kitchen during the day up to around 12am. We have a "security system" in the house (okay, it's cat feeders with cameras and wifi) and I was checking the cameras from the living room (there's three cameras, one in the hall, one in the kitchen, and one in my grandma's old room, before she died) and I didn't see anything.

At around 2am I decided to go to bed. About 10 minutes later, I hear a loud thud on the floor at the end of my bed, which I ignored because tumblr is much more interesting.

Flash forward to the morning. I wake up around 11am (my dad had already been up for hours) and I'm looking at the door like, "This looks different somehow. Maybe it's just the way I'm lying?" I get up, seeing as it's nearly midday, and go to open the door to find the door handle bent, bearing in mind it wasn't like this when I closed the door to go to sleep.

Bent Door Handle 1

Bent Door Handle 2

I told my dad, who then proceeded to try and bend it back into shape with no luck. It would take a lot of force to bend a metal door handle like that, yet I find it suddenly bent in the space of 9 hours while I'm asleep? (I am a quite heavy sleeper at times but that's beside the point.) I live in the UK so it's not like it melted in the heat, and the door had not been pushed open with the force to do this damage (as far as I'm aware?).

About 30 minutes later, I'm in the kitchen making breakfast and my dad calls to me from my room, where he proceeds to tell me how the bolts in the legs of my bed (the ones at the end of the bed where I heard the thud) were hanging out to the point of my bed collapsing. Now, these bolts are tough to get out using the allen key, so how have they managed to come out so easily in the night? I've had this bed for years and it has never happened once.

Update:

This happened a few days ago. My dad was in the hall with the three kittens and the light bulb exploded, and I don't mean just popped. The glass went everywhere and the power went out. This was the second light bulb to have problems in three days (the one in the kitchen popped on me a few days before).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JessFinney24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Avery (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-01)
Jess,

Your story is very good, after experiencing things of my own, its nice knowing other people experience it as well.:) I like how you added Photos of what occurred:D
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-16)
Are the handles in the two pictures a comparison of how the bent handle on the left picture is supposed to look like to the straight one on the right? Because I know it's not a before and after picture of the same handle as the one in the left picture the handle is on the right side of the door and in the picture on the right the handle is on the left side of the door.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-17)
Jess

While I fully agree that you have your electrical wiring checked out. But I also think that you should do Rooks cleansing/shielding at your fathers place too.

The reason I say this is it sounds and looks like you have a malevolent spirit. My sister was packing up some dishes and an unlit light bulb exploded and showered her and my niece with very fine glass. It may have been the spirit from the basement who hated me so much, it may have been another malevolent spirit.
The last time I was at that house I saw the little boy and sensed two malevolent spirits in the basement beneath my feet while I was standing in the kitchen. My sister never told the buyer that the house was haunted as per an old N.Y. Law. When I asked if she told him she said he would have to prove she knew.

Regards
Red
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-15)
I feel like there should be some rational explanation for this - for example, it is certainly possible to bend metal and explode light bulbs using a really strong magnetic field. But where on earth would it be coming from? Presumably you live in a house or apartment and not in a physics research lab! Do you live close to any industrial areas? I am grasping at straws here - this is a very odd story. Thanks for sharing it!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-13)
Whoah, I remember this and I imagined the handle to be a bit buckled. But that's full on!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
Hi Jess, goodness about the fire alarm!

I felt through reading your story that whoever was responsible was trying to help you in their own strange way. That they were trying to show you something that could happen. They were trying to warning you, to protect you. I'm very glad you'll let your Dad know!

Please keep us updated and thanks for replying.
JessFinney24 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
[at] tweed
By saying: "trying to communicate the destruction of a house fire", does that mean that someone is trying to start a fire, or bring to our attention a fire that has previously happened?
I will let my dad know that he needs to get the wiring checked ASAP.
(While I was telling my brother about Tweed's reply, he told me that the upstairs fire alarm went off twice last night, with no obvious cause. Bear in mind I'm at my mum's, not my dad's) 😕
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
hi jess,

I totally agree with tweeds assessment on this.
Please do not delay having things checked out.

all the best.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Hi Jess,

Please get your father to have his house wiring checked over asap. I could be totally wrong about this but this is how I felt about the details in your story:

It sounds like 'someone' is trying to communicate the destruction of a house fire to you both. Typically doors will swell in the heat of a fire making them hard to open. As well as contort handles of certain styles and materials. For this reason I urge everyone in this home to sleep with the doors open a crack, not completely shut. Just until you get confirmation the wiring is safe. Also check and replace all smoke alarm batteries.
The bed bolts are an odd thing to do and I can only imagine the thud you heard was 'someone' trying to communicate something again. Going on a hunch, I'm thinking they've been trying to get through to you or your Dad for a while and haven't been successful. Could this thud have been made by a person stomping their feet? If it was much louder and heavier than this, I shudder to imagine it had something to do with the roof. Perhaps a fire in the roof or above your room. An extreme thud could be someone communicating a ceiling collapse. This might explain the bed bolts loosening, I really, really don't know.

I mean I really really don't know what this means! But this is how every detail in your account appeared to me. All I know is it takes a lot, make that A LOT, of energy to contort a door handle and do all the rest. Your update about the light bulbs more or less did it for me. Please have that wiring checked and renew your smoke alarm batteries. It's more important than stupid tumblr.

Please keep us updated.
Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: