You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: More Family Experiences, One Demonic

Real Ghost Stories

More Family Experiences, One Demonic

 

We moved into a new house when I was 15 after staying with grandparents. It was a fairly new 3 bedroom home. You walk in, has a long hallway all bedrooms on the right side of the hall, mine and my sister's first, my brothers' and mums', and then my dad's room. Kitchen and joint dining on the left at the end of the hall, and lounge to the right. My grandpa died just before we got that house.

Doors would open and close on their own. Especially the garage and my dad's room (my mum would sleep in my younger brothers' room because they fought everyday). We would hear tapping all the time, especially outside, but it sounded like someone was tapping on the windows with a coin.

We all ended up seeing a very dark, tall shadow walk into my dad's room a few times. But my dad was a skeptic, even with everything that happened that he had witnessed. I think because my parents fought all the time it caused a lot of negative energy in our house.

A few months after I turned 16, my mum kicked my dad out when she had enough. I had a boyfriend at the time who was staying with us so we felt okay having a male's presence in the house. But you could still feel the negative energy.

The worst thing me and my mother both experienced, I will never forget. It was night time around about 8. I was in my room with my sis and my boyfriend and my mum was in the kitchen washing dishes. She called out to me to come quick, so I did, and she looked pale. She asked me if I could see anything to the right outside the window in the dining room. I looked for a few seconds, saying I can't see anything and then I saw it. I screamed, then my mum screamed and we both ran as fast as we could to the end of the hall in my room.

Took about five minutes for us to calm down and tell my sis and my boyfriend what we saw. We both saw the same thing. It was a demon. Crouched down looking in the window. It had horns. Its eyes were pure white with a tiny black dot in the middle of them. A long nose, and an evil smile. It was just there, smiling at us. It was the most horrifying and evil thing I have ever seen, as well as my mum.

We sent my boyfriend to go look if it was still there but he couldn't see anything, so we all went out at the same time and it was gone. We still remember it clearly, and talk about it a lot. My parents got back together about a month later.

My boyfriend had his first experience in our house. He was walking past my brothers' bedroom and he said 'hey' to my youngest brother (we'll call my youngest bro 'J' and other bro 'S') but kept walking. No answer from my bro 'J' so he walked a few steps back and there was no one in that room. He swore he saw the back of my brother playing.

And now I will tell you about an experience my mum and my brother 'S' had in that house. My brothers were little, 6 and 7. My mum use to be really paranoid of us kids, so my brothers slept on a mattress on the floor in my mum and dad's room that they shared now.

My brother 'S' woke up in the night, and my mum wasn't sleeping properly either. He woke mum up and asked why my youngest brother 'J' was sitting up in front of the TV in their room, mum was like 'he's not' but she opened her eyes and looked and it was the back of my brother 'J' sitting there like 'S' had said, but it wasn't him because she looked next to 'S' and 'J' was still asleep on the mattress. So my mum told my brother to just lay back down and go to sleep but they were both scared.

We think that maybe the boy they saw, and who my boyfriend at the time saw, was my brother's twin who she lost due to miscarriage, since they always thought it was my brother when people saw him. Mum just found it strange that they always saw the back of him, but had heard that if you only see the back of a spirit it's because they're to scared to show you their face.

I have never seen him but there's always a presence in my mum's houses no matter where she lives around the month that she lost him.

Other hauntings by Os07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Os07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-04)
Ohh, also the house calmed down with the negative energy and shadows when my dad left, but they were only apart for about two months.

The house didn't have any history that I knew of, it seemed like a nice area. But something always seemed to follow us when my parents were together no matter where we went.

And yes, any where my mother went my brothers twin went aswell, not just inside this one house:)
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-04)
We both thought it was a demon because we felt terror when we saw it... It looked abit like my dad the smile and nose but just evil looking. The horns werent big they were small but noticeable... I will never forget it. It was the most horrorfying thing i've ever seen.

I don't know if you guys believe in ghost hunting shows but one ep of ghost adventures stuck out to me where they caught what looked like a demon on a camera, it looked a lot like what me and my mother saw.

Im grown up and live in my own house now, parents seperated.
In that house you were always tired and it always felt negative. Like when you walk into a room and feel like somethings not right, that's how it felt in there.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-01)
Os, I owe you an apology. Because of my insecurities, I wasn't entirely honest with my response. Sorry for that. Throw my response out the window, let the weirdy creature catch it, and listen to Rook.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-01)
Part of this sounds like a Poltergiest may have been 'active' in the house (You were 15-16 years old when many of these events happned...AND...the arguments between your Mother and Father just added energy to the 'pot').

Now for this...

"We both saw the same thing. It was a demon. Crouched down looking in the window. It had horns. Its eyes were "We both saw the same thing. It was a demon. Crouched down looking in the window. It had horns. Its eyes were pure white with a tiny black dot in the middle of them. A long nose, and an evil smile. It was just there, smiling at us. It was the most horrifying and evil thing I have ever seen, as well as my mum."
A long nose, and an evil smile. It was just there, smiling at us. It was the most horrifying and evil thing I have ever seen, as well as my mum."

If you are 100% sure about the eyes then, other than being scared, why did you think this was a demon? Modern day intrpritations of 'demons' have greatly influenced how people percieve them...ie: A demon has horns, a long or goat or horse looking face with 'goat' legs and hooves. Even non-Christians 'picture' demons looking lke this becasue of popular media.

HOWEVER:

Nature spirits also 'manifest' showing many of these atribuites. 'Modern day' visions of demons... Describe the 'eyes' looking red and or solid black... The very fact that you and your mother agreed the eyes on this 'entity' you saw were..."pure white with a tiny black dot in the middle of them." Suggests (at least to me... Personal opinion here...) That a nature spirit may have been looking in attempting to 'see' what was going on in the house or better 'on the property'. How long after your Dad being 'kicked out' did you and your Mother see this 'entity'?.

The idea that the spirit of your brother twin is around is a sound one... It is possible that his spirit 'drops in' to see how his counter part is doing AND to check on your Mother.

Well that's my two cents. Thanks for sharing, please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
Hi Os,

What a riveting collection of experiences you've all shared!
I really love the presence of your long lost bro. No doubt he was trying to help in some way. I've never heard that seeing the back of a ghost could mean they don't want to scare you. That is very interesting! It seems to fit your family's circumstances too, very moving. I'm sure it was him because both your bro and your boyfriend thought it was J. I know your family often feel him around that painful month, but had your family felt him prior to moving into this house? I ask because I'm wondering if the horrible experiences in this home inspired him to make himself known in this way, in a reassuring, supportive way.

That demon GOODNESS! Have to say I mostly roll my eyes at 'demon' encounters and write them off as misinterpretations of frustrated ghosts attempting communication. BUT yours is one of the exceptions to the rule, not because of what he looked like, but EVERYTHING else in that home. Yes, completely agree all the tension between your parents would have made everything tons worse.
The fact this entity was outside is interesting because it seemed to coincide with your Dad being absent at the time. Not blaming this on your Dad. But if your parents weren't together to argue it would have lessened the grip of this 'thing' on the family. No doubt all this kept the stupid thing outside. Were there less incidences inside the house around the time you saw it at the window?

Thanks for sharing
Take care.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
Hi, Os07 this is scary story indeed! I am wondering what was that demonic creature? House must have some bad history... Do you still live in that house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: