You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Scares

Real Ghost Stories

Night Scares

 

On September 22, 2015, I awoke to my bed shaking very hard. You could hear the springs rattling. I could not move or yell for help. Finally I just screamed, "Dad!" and it stopped (both my parents have been dead for years now).

I saw a black mass jump from my bed, it was 3:13 am. I turned all the lights on and could not believe what just happened. I have never had this happen in my life. What could this be? I have seen a small black cloud dart by in my room also, out of the corner of my eye. Tonight I'm really scared about going to sleep, I'm going to leave all lights on in my room.

I have contacted paranormal investigators about this situation. It feels like something is watching me, at night? What is going on? Could this be a haunting, demon or? But it is very disturbing to say the least. I have been thinking about this all day. I'm really scared, I need some help with this situation. Never did I think I would experience this kind of thing. It is very upsetting, and I hope and pray that it won't happen again. But something is going on.

The house that I rent from is over a hundred years old, maybe that could have something to do with it? I have lived here for three years and all has been fine until now. Someone did die in this house before I moved in, I did not find this out until later. But I never really paid attention to this. Is he still here? Or is this a ghost of some sort? I hope the paranormal people can help with this.

I have left my bible open on the table in my room, for comfort. I believe now that these entities do exist, and are capable of doing harm and or instilling great fear.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cynthia59, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-02)
cynthia59,
Because you were asleep when this happened and that you came out of REM sleep and probably groggy and disorientated, your body or brain would not have caught up with you, and still thought you were asleep, so thus acted out what happened in the dream, making you see/hear/feel anything your brain is telling you is happening. This is why physical evidence is needed to think otherwise. Was there any evidence that the bed shaked? Like the bed moved to the other side of the room? Or a few centimeters. Or was anyone else experiencing this at the same time you were? Were you paralyzed before the bed shaked or after, could it have been sleep paralysis, another symptom of your body not realizing you are awake.
Why did you think to call out your father's name? In a situation like that I would call someone is in the house and would answer.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-01)
Cynthia, I might try and elaborate a little more on what I mean by a transdimensional false reality that's probably a little bit confusing to comprehend or understand... It may be better to call it an illusionary reality and there is a marginal difference between experiencing one of them compared to experiencing sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is usually confined to our reality with in our linear space and time etc, your trying to wake up and something is usually pinning you down to the bed... In an illusionary reality, your surroundings are Newtonian based with space but not necessary time, people in these reality usually won't see the clock tick at all, if your the type of person to pay attention to detail...however,the house will come to life if you believe your being attacked by an entity and interface all types of creepy accounts. With your bed actually shaking it may offer some clues along these lines...I'll make this analogy in hope to explain it better... Our brains work just like the way a radio receives music. We are all tuned into one reality,...it's a transducer that receives and perceives consciousness just like the radio does almost exactly the same... Now, if you move the radio dial to another frequency you pick up different music right?... Same deal with our brain, if we tune off into an illusionary reality (different frequency) especially coming out of rem sleep and the old pineal gland caught between waves we will have a different reality that seems as real as this this one, good lord, it's a wonder I haven't had a nervous breakdown with some entity's I've come across over the years but I know there not real and that's the difficulty in trying to rationalize common sense of what you went through... Off coarse I may be wrong and other folk here have offered some good advise for you to think about also, Best wishes.

Regards Daz
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
Cynthia,

As you've been there for 3 years without any incident I'm leaning more towards this isn't connected to the house. House hauntings typically build up over a period of time. That said, the house history may have attracted something. But I doubt it's connected to the house directly.
At YGS we love details, thrive on them in fact! Without getting too personal and without meaning to pry, would you be able to tell us a little about yourself? Any recent negativity in your life for example, anything new in your life; job, people, hobbies, habits. These kinds of details may help us help you with what's happened.
Months ago I experienced bed shaking, this was connected to a much nastier experience. But not all bed shaking is nasty. It can range from trying to scare someone, to trying to get their attention. If you've never had any paranormal experiences before, and you're not the sort of person to think about this topic, then having this experience is surely going to scare the crap out of you! So in the interest of narrowing down possibilities let's go through some things. Have you ever experienced any of the following:
Flickering lights
Doors opening/closing
Cool gusts of air and/or cold rooms/areas
Feeling like you're not alone/being watched (before the bed incident)
Noises that could be written off as 'the house settling'
Objects being misplaced

This is just a small check-list of things that *could* relate to ghost activity around your home. If you've experienced any of these for the entire duration you've lived there, chances are there's a ghost connected to the house. If you've experienced any of these for a relatively shorter time, chances are there's a ghost reacting to something in your life, for example. May have either irritated it or called it to action.

Further details will help us pin point the nature of your bed shaking. It may even be a physical sensation as AussieDaz suggested. 😊

Look forward to your response.
Take care.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
hanamii - please keep in mind that our site represents many different religions. Not everyone is of the Muslim faith 😊
hanamii (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
you must consult a muslim ghost I don't know what its called. But he may help you with a rope tied around your wrist (I have one around my wrist) which means I'm safe
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
Cynthia 59: while waiting for the paranormal team, it would be a good idea to perform a cleansing of your house according to your beliefs.
Another thing is trying not to be afraid of whatever is bothering you since negative entities feed in negative energy (fear, anger, etc), I know it is easier said than done but you have to stand your ground and show it your strength.

Good luck and keep us posted.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
You may be experiencing some sort of transdimensional false reality induced by the pineal gland during the period of rem sleep and waking up? These accounts are not that uncommon and I've had a few of them myself over the years, so I know how frightening they can be if one of them hits you from left field... Quite honestly though think about this, if any of these things were real we would all be in trouble, but we always live to tell the story don't we, usually these accounts are brought on from drugs, schizophrenia and even mediation, my silly son brought one of these accounts on at 4pm in the afternoon after meditating himself with an apparent mindful of harry potter movies feeding his frenzie and we know how schizophrenia can create reality's for those who suffer from it, so please don't freak out too much, normal minded people who don't do drugs etc experience them as well, I do feel for what your going through though it's not nice.
snowxwhite (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
It sounds like sleep paralysis... You should do some research on that

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: