You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: That Day I Started to Believe in Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

That Day I Started to Believe in Ghosts

 

Back in high school I went over a friend's house after school. While we were in her room she decided to tell me that there was a ghost in her house. I at the time did not really believe in ghost and I honestly thought she was crazy. She began telling me what crazy things would happen at her house. She said that "the ghost" or what ever it was would change the TV channels, change her radio stations, and rip her cat pictures on her wall. These pictures were ones she got out of a calendar and hung on her wall.

After she told me these things, we decided to watch some TV. She would put the TV on a certain channel and the channel would change. Every time she put it back to the same station it would change to another one. Yeah it freaked me out a little but hey like I said, I didn't believe in ghost. I just thought to myself that she changed the channel with the remote that goes to the TV. No big deal. Next she wanted to listen to some music and the same thing happened. The station would change from what she wanted to be listening to, to something different. I just knew somehow she was messing with me.

Well she was getting mad that nothing we did was working out. No watching TV and no listening to music... without it changing on us. So she started digging under her bed. As most kids in school, they love to hide things under their bed or just shove a bunch of stuff under there. I heard something rip. Great... Now she was trying to get me to believe the cat pictures in her room ripped! She looked up at me from digging under her bed and said to start looking at my cat pictures. I looked around the room and they all looked fine until I got to the one that was behind my head. It was ripped in half! I almost screamed when I saw that. I knew there was no way anyone could have done that. It was not ripped when I came in and no one was in there but her and me. I looked into the mirror across her room and saw a dark shadow.

I took off down her stairs and told her I was calling my parents to get me. I never did go back over her house again. That day I started to believe in ghosts!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dragonmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
that is how many people start believing in ghosts, just little terrifying things, anyway great story,

Thanks for sharing

Princess123 x ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Mustang... When you were seventeen you dated a guy named Ray?! Me too! We need to stop some day and take some notes on the similarities of our lives!
Sorry about that little aside there, Dragonmom. Did you ever talk to your friend to know if she ever saw the entity? It would be interesting to note if her visual of it was the same as yours. She seemed to take it all in stride, so maybe. Thank you for sharing this.
Dragonmom (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
I still have my doubts about the tv and the radio. I think my friend could've some how messed with those but the cat picture ripping in half that was no joke. She could not have done that.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Well, I'm a little skeptical on this one only because things usually don't happen on demand or even one after another all at once. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you and your friend were around the right age for poltergeist activity! Maybe this entity just didn't like cats or the type of music you listened to for that matter.J/K Seriously though, it's funny how we remember things that happened so long ago. It all comes out different then it was supposed to because of the time in between. Time changes your memory little by little. You know when I was seventeen, I was dating this boy named Ray. We were in his room and he was telling me about how his grandmother's ghost was in his house and it changed the channels or would turn off the t.v. While you were watching it. I had already by this age had paranormal things happen to me so I half believed it. The scariest experiences didn't start happening until I was about nineteen. Anyway, one day I happened to be in his room by myself, no one else in the house, I was watching t.v. And it turned itself off and every time I turned it on, a few minutes later it would turn off. At first I thought it's probably the timer on the t.v. Or something but after it happened a couple of times I told her to please stop and she did. Crazy! Also, supposedly whenever anyone would curse in the house the knick knacks on the top of the cabinets in the kitchen would rattle. I never was lucky enough to witness that but I've heard the walking on the wood floors and the t.v. Incident when no one else was there but me. You know I tell a lot of my experiences on these posts and not in my own story! I need to stop doing that so I can get some attention! 😆 Thanks for sharing. -Shelby ❤
Dragonmom (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Ohiowatha:

It wasn't really on command that the stuff happened. She told me about it when I first got there and then we did those things and they happened.

Abby:
I am 27 years old and this happened when I was in school in 9th grade. So I guess maybe I tell in in the memory of a 14 year old. I guess I should have said that in the story so that was years ago. I am also not a person who loves cats. I am a "dog lover" not "cat lover..."

For everyone else I am not ever planning on going back to that house. I left it and never went back. Plus I am sure the girl does not live there any more.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
I really don't know what to think about this one! I'm sorry but it seems strange how things that she said happen started to happen.
Sorry but just don't know.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
As Abby stated, most spirits I believe
are'benevolent' but I am told that
'demons' can 'manifest' themselves and
be ugly in their behavior. You were wise
to leave the house, your friend should
have it blessed.
God's Blessings 😊
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Dear Dragonmom,

I sense that you believed in ghosts before the experience you describe in your present true, ghost story that you have related here took place. :)

I must also say that I sense that you are young in age, and I am questioning the "mom" part of your nickname, but that is always your choice.

In the many years of my present life, I have not experienced many negative ghosts who resort to tearing up pictures, and specific pictures like that of cats. I do personally believe, that the majority of ghosts, like the living people we encounter in our lives are caring and decent beings who do not go out of their way to directly and intentionally harm and scare others.

It does not take a psychic or sensitive to figure out from your true ghost story that you are a "cat lover". I do so love animals, all kinds, and they are always full of unconditional love and truth. Unlike, myself, as I am still learning those lessons daily.

Blessings, Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Thank you for sharing your story. Interesting how the 'ghost' performed on command. Did you or have you experienced any other occurances?

God Bless !
osavith (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
a very nice story that was creepy if I saw that stuff I would freak, I hope you make a video showing the activity, because that would really mess up skeptics 😁
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Wow, a ghost that performs on-command! You should really get all of this on video since this ghost makes itself known in three distinct ways all within a short timespan. Your friend must have subscribed to a cat calendar club to keep replacing all of those pictures. I look forward to see your videos uploaded soon.

Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: