You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: She Needed to Go to the Light

Real Ghost Stories

She Needed to Go to the Light

 

This happened 20 years ago. It took me 10 years to tell someone, and even now, I am very careful about who I tell it to. I woke up at about 5:30 a.m. (no, I was NOT dreaming) and when I saw the time, was getting ready to go back to sleep. Instead, there in front of me, were three figures; an adult female, an adult male, and a male child.

They were in repose, the woman closest to me. It was weird, because it was as if I was slightly above them. There was a bright light behind them, and they all appeared in a kind of holographic way; 3D, in other words. I was so shocked and scared I could hardly breathe, but I managed to ask "Who are you?" The woman turned her head and looked at me, then turned her head back (they were all looking up) and the 'vision' dropped like an elevator out of sight and the room went black.

Naturally, I was scared to death. I told no one. Then, three weeks later, while I was at my brother's house (yes, I was elsewhere this time) the vision appeared again, and again, early in the morning. This time, however, it was just the woman and she was holding a telephone receiver and appeared very stressed, very upset, and crying. I again asked who she was, and again, she looked at me and then the vision dropped out of sight. This time, I was more curious than scared.

I left the next morning to visit family in Minnesota (this happened in Washington state) and I went, of all places, to a psychic fair. I sought out someone who was doing Tarot readings and had a reading. Then, I told her what happened and said I was worried that I had attracted something evil or bad. She took a deep breath, went into a 'trance' (who knows) and told me that no, this person was caught in the astral plane and if I ever saw her again, I should send her to the light I was seeing behind her.

Another three weeks went by (why this was in three week increments I don't know) and I saw her again. This time, she looked very scared, very defeated. She was still holding the phone, and I asked her to look at me. She did. Right at me. I told her to turn and go into the light behind her because that's where her husband and son were. I don't know why I said that, I have no idea who those other people were the first time I saw them, but it just spilled out. She looked at me one last time, turned, walked into the light and the picture dropped again. I never saw them again.

But, afterward, for many years (and it still happens) I will see disembodied faces floating by, or sometimes, whole street scenes (which could be remote viewing, who knows). I am always awake when this happens, and very occasionally, it happens during the day.

I have no idea what the experience was... I have been trying to find out, but the only answer I ever get is that I helped someone cross over. So is this a ghost story? I don't think so, but didn't know where else to put it.

Sherri

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dbsherri, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pinaynay (14 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-09-04)
You helped a soul I'm sure wherever she is, shes at peace now. Maybe you'll encounter one again. Youre gifted and brave. God bless!
bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
to me this sounds more like an Astral Travel that you were having at least at first, that you seen things occuring in scenes is interesting as most accounts do not describe such things, though it is not unheard of, I think perhaps that your "Second Sight" mainfests itself by means of Astral Projection, hence the reason you saw them first from slightly above, in this instance, I believe you were thier Guardian Angel... If you will, and since you seem to keep seeing similar events expect to go through it again... Though do not count on it...
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Great ghost story, dbsherri. I like to think of the people who can see and feel ghosts as a telephone operator. They can only take one call at a time. In theory this makes sense, but in actuality all of the operators that I now know have the multi line contraptions and they are able to take a large quantity of calls at a time. However, once the first call is taken care of, it's on to the next. The ghosts are the next in line and are waiting patiently, or not so patiently, for the operator to get to them. If that particular operator is busy, they go in search of one that is not so bogged down. Sometimes it takes a while, sometimes they get lucky and are spot on. But I believe this is why so many seers are so bombarded. There are not enough people practicing what they were born to do. We were all born to help people, who will help our loved one's who have gone before? Thank you.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
I'm with eeltonio it seems as if you have a gift of seeing spirits and the ability to talk to them. Almost like a sixth sense. I think that you should try to help them if help is what they are looking for. As far as it being a ghost story or not it really does not make a differnce you saw ghosts right? Well then it's a ghost story as far as I'm concerned.
😊
Thanks for sharing ❤
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Dear dbsherri,

I am wondering why the psychic could not tell you who this ghost might be and those who were with her. Yet, each one who has the ability experiences it in a different way, so it is possible that this psychic was not able to bring in such information.

I can only speak from my own personal experiences and offer you the following information.

It is quite possible that the ghosts were earthbound in the home you resided in at the time these experiences occurred. It is also quite possible that you were being warned about a future event. You may wish to look back into your past and see if something happened that may be connected to this paranormal event during that same time period in your life.

Many times ghosts or spirits go to those who are sensitively open, as well as to those who are closest to knowing them, of knowing their loved ones, and closest, to their earthly residence or proximity. They show up to those who might be the best candidate to connect to in order to deliver their message.

Earthbound ghosts or spirits who wish to get a message across will just go on to the next person who is open to receive. They will persist until they find someone who can basically "sense" them with their senses. Unless, of course, the person was lazy in life, they may also be lazy in the "in- between" and choose to give up and accept their being stuck in the void as status quo. Thus, they will give up and remain stuck.

There are three reasons for message delivery by an uninvited guest to consider. The first, the messages are to be delivered to you personally. Secondly, the message is to be delivered to someone connected to the ghost or spirit. Finally, the uninvited guest or guests are trapped, earthbound ghosts who are in the residence or vicinity you reside in, who wish your help or want it known that you and yours are not welcome.

Hope I was able to be of assistance.

Blessings, Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
First of all, who is to say what a 'ghost story' and what it isn't. You are obviously seeing and helping entities of some sort. Helping them cross to the light is amazing, you are helping them to gind peace.

Thank you for sharing.

God Bless!
eeltonio (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
since you are able to see them and you were able to help that "family" move on these "new" ghosts that you are seeing are those who wants to move on but do not go where to go. They are shopwing themselves to you in the hope that you can show them the way. At least that is how I see it. It appears you have "post-cognition", the ability to see the past and what happened. This could also be the reason why these "ghosts" are showing themselves to you.

I hope this is helpful to you, but these are just my opinion on what you have shared.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Could be more of a clairvoyant type of experience in my opinion. Spirits tend to make themselves more known to those whom they know can see and percieve them. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: