You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Unseen Someone

Real Ghost Stories

The Unseen Someone

 

I'm a late blind. I never used to get scared of any ghost stories and I always enjoyed catching up with any horror movie. My friends considered me lucky because I was spared from watching the horrifying scenes.

I never believed in ghosts and paranormal activities, but not until August 2015. We are an Anglo Indian family and usually it has been our custom to visit our family bungalow for any special occasion. This time it was my cousin's wedding and a party was thrown at the bungalow.

We were gathered over there and the music was being played at its blast. As I cannot see, I was slightly getting disoriented and I requested my cousin Elvis to take me to a quiet place where I could relax. He took me to a lawn which was at the backyard of the bungalow. We were talking to each other when one of my aunts called out for Elvis. He told me that he would come back and he left.

I was standing there, it was quite cold and I could vaguely hear the music from far away. Suddenly, the swing in the backyard started swaying. I was wondering who it was and I asked if someone was there. There was no reply. I thought that the swing must have moved because of the wind. I started feeling uncomfortable after a while. It was as though someone was watching me. I started feeling very cold and I sensed a presence standing next to me. "Darcus", that person whispered in my ears. I was frightened because I never heard such strange voice ever in my life. I was demanding that person to tell me who it was, but there was no reply.

I was trying to find my way out to the party area because I was terribly scared. Just then, Elvis came back to find me in a panic state. He asked me if I was okay and I questioned him if anyone else was there around me. He told me that there was no one except for me and him. I requested him to take me away from there and I didn't speak a word after that.

Even until date, that experience gives me a chill in my spine. I can't forget it. I'm not sure if it was a paranormal presence or my cousin's prank with me. But whatever it was, it was scary. I haven't shared about it with anyone in my family because I'm sure that they will not believe me.

Other hauntings by Darcus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Darcus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paranormal_SN (8 stories) (25 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-12-17)
hello darcus... Well first of all I would definitely suggest you to calm down a bit... Okay let's consider of you telling that it was 'not' a prank... Now what my question is that, like everyone here wrote in, how did you actually manage to write this if you can't see? 😜 😆 don't mind but this is something really thoughtful!
With Regards,
Paranormal_SN
Darcus (3 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
[at] sds,
I'm planning to ask my uncle about it. We will be visiting the bungalow again in the last week of October. Trust me, I may not want to go back to that lawn ever again.
Darcus (3 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
[at] TinAA, well, I use speech readers to use my computer.
[at] Otteer, I'm not sure about the psychic sense, but I'm sure that it was not a prank played by people around me. They wouldn't do that because they understand my problem. Well, I use JAWS speech reader to operate my computer.
[at] sds, I'm from Hyderabad, India.
For others, Thanks for reading my story
Darcus (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
[at] TinAA, I'm sure it was not a prank because my cousin is a serious kind of a guy. He wouldn't do that.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-08)
Hello Darcus, thanks for sharing. As otteer said, its cruel if it was all a prank by your cousin. But, I don't think so. Even though you have vision problem, I feel that your other senses would sense the danger. But why don't you just ask people, who used to visit that bungalow if they had any such experience in the place where you had that encounter. It could help. Welcome to YGS.

And just out of curiosity, which part of the country you live and where is that bungalow, I mean the town or city?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Dracus I must say that you bravely handled that cawardly act though whether it was a paranormal act, can't say anything about it.

Regards
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Thanks cheyenne24 & otter for clearing my doubt.
Darcus,I agree with otter here that your psychic senses might be developing which made you feel and hear some supernatural entity around you.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Hey Darcus... I am totally agree with Otteer... I think this is not a paranormal... But it was a quite scary... Thanks for sharing
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Ps... [at] tinaa...there are programs for the visually and physically impaired where you can speak and your computer will type what is being said. Dragon Speak is one of them.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
I hope it wasn't a prank, if it was it was cruel one! Who would do that to someone visually impaired? Unfortunately, plenty of people. Now a days, people just DONT think before they act, so it is a possibility. I have read however that remaining senses are often heightened when one of the other senses (like eyesight) is diminished, maybe your 3rd eye (your psychic sense) is developing! Thank you for sharing this scary experience!
cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
TinAA-Perhaps he has braille over his keyboard as most visually impaired individuals have.
Interesting story.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
Hey Darcus that was a scary experience you have had. Are you sure your cousins were not playing a prank on you.? If it was not a prank... Then its truly very scary.
One more thing just out of curiosity... How did you manage to write this if you can't see?
Anyway...thanks to share.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: