You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Making Face

Real Ghost Stories

Making Face

 

This is my second entry. Almost all of my experiences happened when I was in high school. Our school is located in our province in Bulacan and many ghost stories were spread and some were known to be true. But first, let me tell you a side story that will greatly contribute to the entire plot.

When we were in our second year level, we had a crush on a senior student named Arthur (not his real name). He was very cute and very kind, he always smiles at us. Whenever he passes by our room, my classmates (well, okay including me) shouted his name and were very giddy especially when he smiles back at us every time we shouted). But unfortunately, during almost the end of the school year, he died of a motor cycle accident. We were all crying back then, because he was a very kind, handsome and not a boastful type of a famous student. Then we got over him eventually but not entirely and entered our third year level and almost forgot about what happened until one day.

On our third year, our classroom was located at the right side corner of the building, just behind the canteen, beside was the hallway. The room was almost under the stairs. There was no sunlight passing through our room because it was being blocked by a wall connected to the stairs. Our Christian Living teacher decided to have a vacation/medical leave for a month and so our school hired a substitute teacher for the subject. Our substitute teacher arrived; many rumors have been spread that she has a third eye. We asked her and she actually confirmed that she sees ghosts and told us stories too.

Our seating arrangement was in 3 rows and by twos only but plenty of columns since we were 52 students in total. We were arranged in an alphabetical manner by surnames, my last name starts with T which means I was located at the last column, second row which was the middle row, just in front of the wall at the back.

During one of our lessons, one of my classmates (and a friend) transferred temporarily beside us because he then claimed that he cannot see the blackboard because he was located at the farthest right side of the room, so that made us three persons in a row. We were listening to the discussion when suddenly our teacher shouted at us and asked us to stop what we were doing, but we were not doing anything, in fact we were eagerly listening, we weren't even talking to each other. Then we continued to listen but she called out our attention again and told us to stop being noisy and stop what were doing (again, we were not doing anything) and she asked us why we were too many in that row (but there were just the three of us and we were quiet). We looked at each other, puzzled, but we just continued to listen and thought that maybe she was not in a good mood.

Days have passed, the day when we were not doing anything during our Christian Living because we just finished our exam and we had plenty of time before the bell rings, one of my classmates borrowed a paracletan (year book) from the previous seniors, the year when Arthur should have graduated. He has a photo in the year book because the unfortunate event happened to him when the school year was about to end and pictorial was held every December. We were looking at it during our Christian Living subject because we were bored and would like to see Arthur's photo (we miss him and he was still our crush back then). Our teacher was roaming around while we were looking at Arthur's photo. Then in our shock, she pointed on Arthur's photo asking us who the person was, then we told her that he was our crush, Arthur (while being giddy and all). We were even more shocked and scared when our teacher told us that Arthur was the one she saw behind the three of us (specifically me) during the previous discussion, the day when she shouted at us a couple of times.

After a couple of seconds we finally remembered the day and then she said, "Siya yung nakita ko sa likod n'yo, kaya tinanong ko kayo kung bakit angdami dami n'yo sa likod." (He was the one I saw that day I called your attention and that was why I asked you why you were too many/crowded at the back). This instantly gave us goosebumps and scared wide eyes while looking at each other, I felt my body shiver and my spine chilled. I froze as I imagined what he looked like during that day and we did not even know until she told us. Our teacher added "Kaya ko kayo tinawag ulit no'n, kasi nagmemake face s'ya at kung anu-anong nanalolokong facial expressions ang ginagawa n'ya habang nagdidiscuss ako" (I called out your attention again because he was making funny faces (funny or mocking faces) during the discussion.) Then she said that since she was just a new teacher she just decided not to mind what he was doing and continued on the discussion.

I felt like I was going to throw up because my insides felt nervous and are hurting. I thought during that time that I even felt a bit dizzy from the shock because of the information. I felt like there was a rotating knife slowly piercing my gut. We looked pale and scared (we all did). I remembered that I felt my heart beat fast and my hands shake while picturing Arthur making faces behind me just days ago.

Then we informed her what happened to Arthur last year, that he passed away already. She was also shocked, but I guess due to her third eye, she was already used to this kind of experiences (but we were not!). And maybe she did not recognize that Arthur was not part of class because there were 5 sections in our year level and 52 students in each section, so it was very hard to know and familiarize faces especially when you just started days ago. Also, maybe he was wearing our school uniform that time and so there was no way to tell that he was a ghost and was not a part of our section. The three of us were really freaked out because we didn't know what happened and we were confused until that day, the day my classmate borrowed the year book and we wished to have never known it.

We all believed that this was true, because firstly, she did not know Arthur until she saw his photo in the year book. Secondly, we did not inform her that Arthur had already passed away before telling us the story of what had happened when she saw Arthur behind us.

So what do you all think? A previous student making faces behind you. That was creepy but at the same time I was lesser scared as months passed because Arthur was a kind person.

This was my scariest experience during high school. I have many more to share!

Up to this day, it has been more than 9 years and I still haven't forgotten this experience. And this kind of experience will never be forgotten if it has personally affected you.

Other hauntings by JoieAckerman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoieAckerman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mirandakellyamethyst (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
Maybe Arthur doesn't know that he's already dead: (( This is way more sad than scary:' (
JoieAckerman (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Hi Amzu15!
Thanks for the comments. Thinking back, it was indeed cute! Thanks for adding my story to your favorites.:)
Amzu15 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-29)
I liked your story! It is somewhat emotional! ❤.Actually its really damn cute for me! I added it to my favourites
JoieAckerman (4 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-22)
Hi Tweed!
I believe so too! Maybe he misses our school too and would like to be remembered again. 😁
ghostieboo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-19)
Hmm Pretty creepy. A guy called Quin committed suicide at my sisters college (i'm going their in a few months) and nothing creepy has happened. Only one thing. The boys bathroom caught fire, but my sister confirmed that it was just two boys playing around with a spray can and a lighter. Guess we'll never know. 😉
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
I agree with Tweed, he was just goofing on the teacher. Or maybe he was just trying to get her attention, hoping she'd let you all know he was still around. Which she did.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
Hi Joie,

Sorry to hear about the loss of Arthur.😢
He was probably making funny faces at the teacher because he knew she'd see him. My guess is he'd heard you all discuss the rumour of her having an opened third eye, so he decided to have a bit of fun. I don't think Arthur wished to scare anyone. It sounds like he was being cheeky and I've a feeling he wanted you to know he was there. 😊

Could Arthur be the one responsible for your hair moving in your other story? Just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: