You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Encounter with a Lady Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Encounter with a Lady Ghost

 

I don't know why it's so but it seems that I'm the only one in my family who goes through these experiences. It happened to me a few months back, when I was in Shimla (a hill station in Himachal Pradesh) with my family during my summer holidays. We stayed there in a house which my father had booked for 10 days. It was a strange and somewhat a frightening place. It was old yet larger.

When I stepped inside that freaky house, I felt someone's presence. At that time, I was a bit scared. I tried to express my fear which I felt to my parents. But they were not really convinced. One night when I was still awake, I heard a voice of a lady who, I think, was trying to lull her child to sleep. The voice was so clear and melodious that I still remembered some of the wordings. But who was she? I went to look for the matter as I could not wake my parents up. I was shocked when I saw a smoke like thing coming out from one of the rooms. I moved forward to clarify the matter. Then again I heard her voice. But this time, the voice was more irritating and painful. Just then the smoke like thing took the form of a lady who was wearing a white saree. It happened so fast that it was just a blur. Everything disappeared and there was silence all around.

After this incident, I pretended to be unwell as this was the only way which could compel my parents to go back home. And it worked.

When I was back, I told everything to my mother but, like always, she didn't believed.

Other hauntings by siddharth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, siddharth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SurRocks9 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
Sorry to learn that your mom didn't believe you. God Bless you.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-03)
Hi siddharat,

White cloth mean peace I mean white color represnts PEACE and in hindu culture we believe Atma (soul) is pure and white in color and death usually means the soul is going out which is pure and white. I guess that's the reason white cloth is worn.
Pallavi (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
hi siddarth if you go there again please try to talk to her.ok.
AniketBohemia (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Iam a resident of Shimla, tell me in which house you were i'll go there.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
It is possible, but I don't think that spirit meant you any harm.
indiandaksh (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
hi siddharth
I know, in indian hill stations like shimla and mussouries there are a pretty lots of hauntings in hotels
Reason- most of them were built by british in teh 19th century to escape the heat.
The Brits went, but their and some indian spirits remain to haunt us
😊
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Hi Siddhart,

Very scarry story thanks, their are very few people in the world who encounter such paranormal incidents & you are one among those.

I think so the women would have died few months after delivering her kid & during night time mother lull their child when they not sleep due to which she sings the mother in your story has not got salavation due to which she is still around. I read everybodies comments about white saries. So my brothers & sisters of India in our culture people sarees & kurtas are worn due to which souls are also accustomed to it while in western culture souls use to be seen in western dresses so I think that the doubts are cleared.

God Bless you & your family.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
well sidharth this is why your stories rock every time and well india white saries are athena white saries are famous for ghosts and this culture is habituated to the ghosts and even the readers from the films itself because every film maker shoes a femle ghost in white sari and male ghost in a loosely hangin kurtha type cloth. So ghosts in india wear the white saries these are symbols of death
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
I think that the Spirit you saw was enacting her duties in life, but then was disturbed by you... I'd say that she was surprised to see you as much as you were to see her, but she was angry because you were in her house and she was protecting her children...

PS my name is not Indian, it is Gaelic (Celtic)
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Please don't feel bad, There area a lot of times that I feel like I'm the only one in my family that experiences things as well.
❤ -Lauren
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
How sad that your mother doesn't believe you. Do you have a lot of experiences? Too bad you were too much like me and did not check into this in the waking hours to see who she might have been. I would have hightailed it out of there as quickly as possible too, especially when I heard her voice transform into a bit more menacing tone. Thank you for the story.
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Hello Athena, I'm not really sure about the significance of wearing white sarees but I can tell you one thing that in India, when someone dies, he is shrouded with a white cloth and then burned.Also, the family members like women; wears white 'sarees' and men wears white 'kurtas' at the time of cremation.I'm not sure why only white cloth is wore when a corpse is being cremated. 😢
But do you think that this is related to my experience? Please tell. 😐
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Hi Siddharth, Is there significance to wearing a white saree? If so can you comment to what it is? Does white indicate death as it does in another asian culture? Does white indicate purity as it does in the west? Or something else? My boyfriend is Indian and he is interested in the stories you tell.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: