You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Granny

Real Ghost Stories

The Granny

 

This is a very old story. It happened 11 years ago, when I was a mere 5/6 years old. Kids, for some reason, have always had some sort of involvement in the paranormal and I was no exception. Nor am I now.

I was sleeping in my mother's bed back in the day and fell asleep with no issues at all, whatsoever. However I suddenly woken up. I have always been a light sleeper and I still do this now, if I sense something around me, I wake up, feeling very uneasy. So I woke up, and was underneath my blanket (I'm a weird sleeper. I'll end up in the weirdest positions and all that crap). And I instantly felt watched. I felt as if someone was over me or at least around me, as I could NOT get back to sleep since I woke up.

I then bottled up the courage to look up, peeking out from the blanket below. I saw a lady. She was looking straight up at the wall facing the top of my mother's bed (where she was sleeping, we topped and tailed at the time, we all liked sleeping in my mother's room when we were kids). I was instantly frozen. But, as I saw her I whipped the blanket straight back over my barely exposed forehead. There was literally no movement by any of my family members around me so my sharp, sudden movement must of caught her, or its, attention. I still remember what she was dressed in, she had a black flowery dress on, with black curly hair and an oldish face. Before I seen her eyes, she looked like any mid 50s year old woman.

That soon changed. As I was trying to recollect my thoughts, as any young, eager kid does, I looked again to expect whatever it was to be gone. It was not. This next part I will never forget. It was only a matter of seconds when I tried getting my crap together and looking again. When I peeked out again, she was already darted on me. Staring at me, with her white faded eyes and a face I can only describe as pure hatred for either me or our family, or the world even. She was NOT a nice woman. Anyway, once I saw her eyes darting into my eyes I hid again, and then I popped out the bed, SQUEALING for my mother to wake up which she did and I screamed "She's there! She's There!" My mother asked, horrified "Where son, where?!" And I pointed, looked at the exact place I saw her at, and she was gone.

From then, I had constant night terrors. Most I actually, shockingly, do not remember. My mother was just telling me yesterday that I'd run to the top of the staircase while every one else was asleep and I'd be screaming, "The granny! The Granny! She said she was going to throw me down the stairs!" My mother heard me that much on a nightly basis that she eventually got sick of me and my torment but was ALWAYS there for me, she told me to just sleep in her room and that she'd be up soon.

I think what made it worse is that my brother and sister used to torment me when I was younger due to this, and it added to my night time terrors. This was a REAL story that only me and my mother ever talk about in a serious sense, the gravity of the situation was unbelievable. Thanks for reading my ghost story. More will be coming!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DavidR12798, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DavidR12798 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
It was really one of the scariest experiences I've ever witnessed Agua. I'm still to this day interested in the Paranormal and will continue to be for years to come! In fact I have some pictures at a church/cemetery that I had taken with my Girlfriend which I'll be posting soon!
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Thanks for account. Had something similar happen though I was much older. I KNOW that scares the crap out of you - you don't even realize it's a ghost until it's over with.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: