You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It My Granny?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Granny?

 

This incident happened about 6-7 years ago. I was in class 10th preparing for my board exams.

Now let me first give a brief introduction about my home and my room. My house is a 3 BHK flat. My study room also is the puja (prayer) room. Earlier when my granny used to stay with us, she used to sleep in my study room as a bed is also there. She died when I was in 8th std, that is 2 years before this incident occurred. The kitchen is visible from my study room.

Now back to the story. I was preparing for my 10th board exams and used to study until 1-2 am. That day I slept at 1 am and called out to my mom to wake me up at 6 am. She replied with an yes. I slept in that same room (the prayer room as it had the bed and my room was under construction).

At around 4 am it felt as if someone was waking me up my vigorously shaking me. I clearly felt someone's hand on my shoulder and trying to wake me up. I woke up to find that the time is 4am. I looked at the kitchen to see if my mom is awake as she wakes up quiet early. But the kitchen light was off. So I went to my parents' room and saw that both of them were asleep. Shrugging off this incident as my imagination I went off to sleep.

Again at 6 am I felt the same shaking feeling and I woke up with a start. I finally decided to ask my parents. It was shocking to know that neither of them had woken up to wake me up at 4 am or 6 am. And my mom declined even answering last night when I had asked her to wake me up as I was going to sleep.

I am still wondering who could it be who answered me and what was that I felt? Can anyone please help me understand...

Other hauntings by Kokopat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kokopat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kokopat (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
Ashar
All the cleansing and rituals that are performed after one dies have been done. And after that incident I have never experienced anything.

Regards
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
Kokpat,
Sometimes when a person cares a lot he gets attached to the people and wishes to remain around their loved ones. It is belIeved that such spirits don't feel they are dead. They have difficulties in accepting that their time is over and still be here and for that purpose cleansing of houses and praying after deaths is required which you should do for your granny.

Thanks! Take Care!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-21)
please excuse the typing errors... Should have checked my response!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-21)
Welllllll...I know we need to try and look for natural solutions before crying "paranormal" but this one was sealed for me when you said your mother never replied to your request to wake up up... But somebody did! I too believe it may have been your Grandmother, looking after you from the beyond. Dont worry about her, in death she is free, she can come and go as she pleases! I have been told love continues on in death, Iff that she cares for you and wants to help you is not surprising. Not sure why she would wake you up at 4 though lol!
Kokopat (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Ashar
Thank you:)
But if she was my granny... Does that mean she hasn't left this world and attained solace?
Kokopat (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Thank you Vikram... Yeah maybe it was my subconscious mind trying to wake me up the way my mom or granny would do... Thank you for giving my story a broad insight. Take care

Regards
Vikram (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
It could be your granny.

It could also be that your mental alarm went off and you woke up. It happens many times that you are preparing/excited for an event the next day, your mind will store it in its random access memory and you will wake up even before the physical alarm (the table alarm clock) goes off. It happens to many people.

Shaking by the shoulder, it is possible that generally your mom wakes you up by shaking your shoulder or your granny used to wake you up shaking your shoulder. Which is registered in your brain as the way to wake up.

Regarding you hearing the response as YES from your mother, that is the exact response you were expecting from your mom. Mind plays an excellent role in these situations.

I am not ruling out the possibility of your Granny waking you up. Granny love their grand children so much that they could do anything to give you what you need. Its possible that your granny was there.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
No doubt she was your granny and she still cares for you even after your death. A nice experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: