You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Always Be Careful Of What You're Saying

Real Ghost Stories

Always Be Careful Of What You're Saying

 

I'm a 15-year old Indian girl living in Malaysia. This is the story of my very first experience with something supernatural. I believe that things we can't see, or in other words ghosts and spirits, do exist. I'm the kind of person who love watching horror movies and reading horror books, but later have to call my mom to accompany me to the bathroom. Half of the novels I own are horror books. No matter how much I enjoy reading them, I still get spooked by my own shadow.

And I love to listen to my friends' encounters with them.

So, one fine day, my friend, Kirth told me about "Sangilikaruppan" (a person who lived on earth and later worshipped by many. But I don't know what happened to him. I heard that they are given special powers to protect people, according to Hindu mythology). He probably had done many good deeds for his people (I mean, the people in his village, in India). He originates from India, of course but many Hindus I know pray to him (and I never understand why). I don't know much about him but I was telling my friend that why would people worship someone who is not God. She was saying that her family prayed to him.

Then, she told me that lately she had been smelling betel leaves and smoke in her room. He (sangilikaruppan) use to chew betel leaves and smoke when he was alive. Even to this day, people in villages offer these to him when praying.

I believe in God so I thought it was ridiculous to pray to someone who is not God. I did not want to offend anyone so I kept that thought to myself.

Later that night, I slept in late because I didn't have school the next day. I slept at 1am. I sleep with my mom. She'll sleep on the left side while I slept on the right side. I think I slept for about two hours then I woke up suddenly. I heard noises. It was like someone was shuffling plastic bags to get my attention. I tried my best to ignore those sounds and get back to sleep.

Whoever or whatever it was, I think it was annoyed because it didn't get my attention. Then, I started smelling smoke. I was terrified and sweating profusely. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to go back to sleep.

After about half a minute, I heard someone sighing very loudly. I thought it was my mom and didn't make a big deal out of it. All of a sudden, I felt someone poking my spine. Like really hard, with something blunt but cold. I froze. I was too scared to even wake my mom. And I still felt that thing. It was not moving. I picked up my courage and nudged my mom hard, a few times. The thing started moving then it was gone. I don't feel it anymore. My mom woke up and asked me what happened. I told her everything. She said it must be a bad dream and continued sleeping. I can't sleep that night. I was awake the whole night, under my comforter, sweating like hell.

The next day when I woke up, I felt a sharp pain where the thing poked me. But there were no scars or marks. After a few hours, the pain subsided. But I was still confused, what happened? What was that thing poking me last night. I never provoked anything ever in my life. About the "sangilikaruppan", I never insulted him. I just kept my thoughts to myself. Until to this day I am still confused what had happened that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lollipop_repellent, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
You know what, if you enjoy them, go ahead and watch them lol! You sound like a very smart person, I'm sure you will know when you have had too much lol. I'm glad nothing else has happened, I think we all at one time or another have a paranormal experience, there are so many spirits around us co habituating with us, it seems it would be impossible for something not to try and contact us lol, and if only one thing has happened, I think you are safe. I don't mind the stuff that goes on anymore so no worries... It is a trickle now compared to what it was. Only one thing in two years lol!
lollipop_repellent (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
permramaan- No worries. I didn't feel hurt or offended in any way. I just wanted to know more about what happened and I thank you for your advice or I would have never known the trouble I might get myself into:)

Otter- My friend says so too. She said maybe there was a spirit that wants to disturb me and made me think that it was something related to him (the fairy). Although I was confused at first, but it kind of make sense.

I'm so sorry that you still have to go through these paranormal stuffs. I hope it will stop soon. As for me, nothing had happened after that night. Maybe because I didn't really take it seriously so whatever it was, it might got tired of trying to get my attention

I still can't seem to stop watching horror movies though. I'm addicted to them.
😆
But I'll try reducing them to a minimum.
Thanks for reading my story and I appreciate your advice.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
Thank you so much for your story! Scary situation and no wonder you were frightened. Sounds like there was a spirit that wanted to communicate with you and being aware the story was told, and how you reacted to it, used the "Sangilikaruppan" legend as it's basis to communicate with you. I have been poked like that before and I know darned well I was awake. I had no after effects the next day but I didn't think to look at the area that was poked. Fear does funny things to our energy, and it maybe that whatever was messing with you was thrilled you responded to the story and decided to manifest itself with smoke and the "poke".

I did start experiencing a heightened level of activity when I started studying the paranormal, it may be that you are now entering a phase where you are starting to present a frequency that can connect with the other side or, have opened yourself up so to speak. I stopped reading after the poke incident as it scared the crap out of me, and no more physical activity happened to my person, BUT... Stuff continued to happen over my lifetime, stuff that does me no harm but is paranormal none the less... It seemed to shut itself off while I was grieving and stressed and now is slowly returning.

Thanks for the story, and, you may want to lay off the movies and such until you are ready for what they may open up in you.
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
I am sorry if I have hurt you but I just want to let you know the truth.
lollipop_repellent (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
mirandakellyamethyst- I'm humbled by your comment. Thank you very much as this will motivate me to excel further and encourage me to write more. Thank you again:)
lollipop_repellent (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
Blackmoonmage20-Thank you so much for your advice. But just for a clarification, I'm a Hindu but I don't pray to him.:)

Whodat- I don't know. I just don't want to provoke anything anymore. I respect everyone's opinions and beliefs:)

Permramaan-I'm so sorry if you felt offended. I'm a Hindu as well but my family don't pray to him. But of course I respect everyone's belief and I wrote this story to share with people the lesson I've learnt. Anyways thanks for your advice and I apologize again:)
mirandakellyamethyst (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
I guess you are an intelligent person because you are a great story-teller:)) Kudos lollipop repellent:)
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
To all,
I am from India and having strong faith in Hinduism. She was referring to a fairy who usually being worshiped by villagers. And it is shown to be having betel or smoke is just imagination or the way they see it. This is just one among many angels and fairies who maintains justice and wisdom in many villages until now. It is not a story but it is real. Even you can feel him but call him whole hearted. Don't play as they are blessed by God and you might end up in a sin.

For you mam,lollipop_repellent,thank god. Though you disgraced him by not believing him, he gave only pain but nothing much. Sorry to say so but you can ask your parents about this.
Whodat (42 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-05)
I just Googled what the Sangili Karuppan looks like. Yikes! No wonder you didn't want to look at him. I don't see why anyone would ever want to pray to anything like that either. Hopefully he will leave you alone from now on. I may have a nightmare about him tonight just because of how scary he looks. Geez.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
It is okay not to believe in the said god because you believe in God the Father. I think that since you re an Indian, you take things seriously like myth gods. As an advice, say this: " In the name of Jesus, you will begone! " and pray every night. And don t make any more comments about religions just to be safe;)
lollipop_repellent (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Anyways, thank you for reading my story. I really appreciate that. I'm happy that I can share my experience with many people. 😊
lollipop_repellent (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
mrmonty- Yeah, I probably shouldn't have talked about him. I would have saved myself from trouble.
lollipop_repellent (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
brettscharf - Oh thank you! I thought my English was bad. So yeah, I think so too. I just came to know that my great-grandfather used to pray to him. But maybe my family didn't continue the tradition. Anyways, this was like my first experience ever and it really freaked me out 😨
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
This is a very interesting story. Does bring up some interesting questions about mass belief possibly holding a spirit to a place. It sounds like something was definitely trying to get your attention and maybe didn't like the fact you weren't willing to give it. Thanks for the story
Sincerely
MrMonty
brettscharff (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Wow that was an interesting story. First off, great mastery of the English language. But that is just creepy. Let us know if it happens again. Maybe this sangilikaruppan is a sort of prophet or god like being who has been escalated to this status through many people worshiping him. Maybe all that worship left him with extra energy after he died and that energy is still lingering. Who knows.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: