You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit from Gran

Real Ghost Stories

Visit from Gran

 

I'd like to tell you about something that happened to me the night my grandmother passed away, I was very close to my gran and cared for her in her old age. I laid in bed the night she passed, upset understandably and all of a sudden I saw two balls of light, one was white and small, the other was large and pink floating towards me, they just drifted next to me, I cleared my eyes a couple of times to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but they were there, clear as day, and for some reason I just felt a calmness in the room.

From that day on, I will always swear that my gran had come to say goodbye... Since then the radios in the house seem to turn themselves on, even if they are not plugged in and I have had so many light bulbs pop, it's hard to keep count. I have also always wondered if I'd told someone and they don't believe you in life, will they get to know the truth in death?

I am also hearing muffled laughing noises, and I am constantly dreaming about my gran, even the other night I could have sworn someone had shook my bed, my gran was a big joker... I guess she is still trying to get one over on me, well she died just over a year now but I can still feel her no matter where I go.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
What a blessing you have, to be able to still spend time with your Gran. She sounds like she was a ball of fire herself. I wonder about the second light too. But it is nice to know that someone was waiting on her too.
I believe wholeheartedly that (I hope I am interpreting your question correctly) if a person does not believe something you said or did in this life, it will all be made clear to them in the afterlife. That is a bit alarming actually, because that means we all have to watch everything we do and say to be sure and be as absolutely truthful as possible. Which also makes it comforting as it also means that even if someone on earth does not believe us (or in us), it really does not matter as our Guides and our Angels already know.
I do not know about you, but I think I would rather have my ancestors and the Holy Guides happy with the way I have been acting and being, than any person here on earth. I hope that was your question and I did not just climb all the way up here on this box to answer something that had nothing to do with your question at all. Thank you. 😊
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Hi Bell, I think you are right as I usually do. Those lights are interesting, can't help but think along those same lines.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Hi kellie. I wonder why there were two balls of light? Maybe your Gran had someone waiting for her? It's a comfort that she visits you, I'm sure, it sounds like you two were very close. Gran must have appreciated the care and love you gave her at the end of her life on earth. Thanks for sharing the story of your Gran's love.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Hi Kellie! It sounds like you were really close to your Gran and she felt really close to you and she still wants to be with you. I really liked your story. It's sweet! Thanks for sharing. -Shelby ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: