You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Boards Aren't Toys

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Boards Aren't Toys

 

This story isn't mine. It is the story of not only my mother in law but my father in law as well. This happened to the both of them years ago, before my fiance was born, so 25+ years ago in a small town in California called Blyth. It's very close to the boarder where Arizona and California meet.

Melissa and Dallas are divorced now but I've heard the story from both of them and the story is quite chilling. Melissa and Dallas were living in a house with Dallas's brother Mark.

Well Mark got together with some friends while Dallas and Melissa were out and they went down to the basement (which was his room) and "played" with a Ouija board. I cannot tell you what questions they may have asked or what may have happened. I'm sure they didn't take any precautions. Going off on a lark just trying to spook each other that sort of thing. But I can tell you the outcome of all of this.

One day Melissa went down into the basement to wash some laundry. (Mark was at work). Well she saw herself in the mirror but got scared because it was dark down there, so she kind of ran up the steps. When she got to the top her husband noticed she was a bit startled so he asked her what was wrong. She said she just got scared because she saw her reflection in the mirror in the basement. Dallas said there is no mirror in the basement. Sure enough there wasn't.

Dallas and Melissa both told me they had this dream in that house and it was the same exact "dream." They dreamt that a dark entity came to them at night while they were asleep and kept trying to take their souls. They could feel it inside of them and trying to take over and it was a terrible struggle to get free. Once free you awoke totally drained. Other friends that had slept over claimed to have the same dream.

Mark had a Pit Bull that would stay in the basement all day long and wait for him to get home from work. Well one day the dog just snapped. When Melissa went to go down there to do some laundry the dog ran out of there and killed Melissa and Dallas' s dog. Melissa said the dogs were best friends since they were puppies, but the dog slaughtered him. And she said afterward he was pacing in front of the home like a caged tiger.

Mark was scared of the dog after that and had him put down. Maybe the dog was just aggressive. I know Pit Bull's have a bad reputation, or maybe it was easier for the entity to enter the dog. Either way I believe they opened a door to something evil.

Ouija boards are like reaching into a closet door into a different dimension and what you pull out can be bad, good or in between. You just never know, but they definitely should never be used as toys.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaykay3313, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
That's horrid, not all pit bulls would become like that. Perhaps something evil took over the dog
Wintermoon22 (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-29)
Hi kaykay. I actually live in Blythe CA for about ten years now. I can honestly say my family has seen weird things out here. Most of my family including myself have night terrors now and then. Pretty sure they're demons... Anyways I definitely agree oujia boards are definitely not toys...
Sattella___Kuaran (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
I used a O.B. And me and my friend contacted our lost relatives but nothing else happened. This goes to show that not all O.B. Experiences are bad.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
So I talked to my fiance's dad and he said his brother would deny any activity at the time, he also said nothing strange happened to him. Until year's later, he admitted that before sleep he would feel a force holding him down and he couldn't speak to call for help either.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
RedWolf also the other's in the home that claimed to have the same dream's were Mark's friend that spent the night.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
RedWolf I'm sure Mark did have some experience's but I've never talked to him about it before, I've only met my fiance's uncle maybe 3 time's. But I do know that when he was living with his mother (my fiance's grandmother) he had to sleep alone away from his wife because he continues to have a dream about a demon in the night. He was convinced the particular room he was sleeping in was haunted and wouldn't let his children, wife, or mother sleep in the room because of it. Next time I see him I will talk to him and ask if he ever had any experience's after the Ouija board, but that may be awhile he still lives in Blyth which is at least 3 hours away from where I live.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Sheetal I'm not sure how these experience's stopped for Dallas or Mark but I know shortly after this Melissa and Dallas had two son's together then split very quickly after the boy's were born and when Melissa moved with her two boy's they had experience's in the knew home. My fiance remembers a bit of it even though he was very small. Melissa said one night she got up to go to the bathroom and while she was going she felt a firm hand placed on her shoulder, well being a mother she thought it was one of her boy's. Then she realized no one was their and she still felt the pressure of the hand. She ran away with her pants around her ankles lol. Also Larry my fiance's older brother drew a picture of a ghost put it on a string and hung it in the center of there room, when Melissa asked him why he did this he said only 1 ghost can be in a room at once if this ghost is here the other one can't come in. Also my fiance remembers hearing heavy foot steps coming up the stairs sometimes he would see the boots at the bottom of his door. He thought they belonged to his step father Rick but in the morning Rick wouldn't be home he would be gone for another 2 weeks (his step father used to be a truck driver)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
kaykay
I don't know how many times I've told people not to "play" with a O.B...
You're story is a good example of why they shouldn't. Did Mark ever have anything happen to him? Did his friends have anything happen to them? If
Dallas and Melissa both had the same dream about something trying to take their souls and so did a couple of a people. It doesn't make any sense to me that Mark and his friends went unscathed.
As for the Pit Bull going nuts and killing Dallas and Melissa's dog I hate to say it but it may not have anything to do with the O.B... They are high energy highly stressed dogs. If left in a basement all day without anything to do and not even let out to do it's business or is sick they can snap in a second.
Regards
Red
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Really Oujja boards are not a toy... This story is scary... From how long your in laws experience these things and how it was stopped? Kindly share

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: