You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Man Is Back 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man Is Back 2

 

So it's been about a year since I last posted. To give a quick background summary of what has happened in my past posts:

When I was a child a shadow figure has been stalking me and causing me to be very angry and violent as well as from the more recent post has caused me to hate more and more every day. It left after elementary school but came back a little over a year ago.

For anybody who wants to look at my past posts you can look into my profile for them otherwise here is a link to my last one (which in turn has a link to the one before that): http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=20956

Now why have I come here to write more? Simple. Things are getting worse. It has become hard for me to feel any happiness that isn't faked. I hate almost everybody except for a few people I know. I am always hateful/angry/depressed in some way but have as of late decided to try and ignore it all. It seems that I have tried everything to stop hating and stop my anger but it never works.

The last major event I can remember was when Shadow Man invaded my home. I could feel his presence stronger than I have in my life and I haven't felt it that strongly since. I felt as if I was going to be dragged out of my house and dragged into some deep dark pit. I was so paranoid about this over the summer that I spent almost two or more months (I don't remember the exact length of time) staying up until the sun rise to make sure I made it past the night. I even told my friend at the time that if I ever stopped messaging her that I was missing and went as far as to tell her that something was in my house (which she tried to calm me about).

But aside from that big event I have started feeling another thing other than just hate and anger. Fear. And why do I feel fear? I guess the best way to explain it is through a dream I had (and I know this is not a dream site but it has a LOT to do with how I am currently feeling and a LOT to do with The Shadow Man and may give you and me more insight or just insight to my own mind if nothing else).

Dream:

I was in a house. I didn't notice this at the time but the house was run down and looked to be falling apart. I was in that house because I was a journalist and was told to interview a murderer. I don't know why a convicted murderer would be under house arrest but it made sense in the dream at the time. I asked him why he had killed so many people and instead of giving me a simple answer he started to laugh maniacally and tell me about what he did in every different one and why he loved doing it. It was actually quite disgusting even for my broken mind. After a while I noticed something, I noticed that this man was me. Not me from right now, but an older version of me by maybe 5-10 years. He was loosing a lot of his hair (think of his/"my" hair like Gollum's hair) and he looked extremely malnourished. It was then I noticed a hand caressing his head, a black windy hand that lead up to a strong and tall Shadow Man, with his body still but moving like his body was made of darkness. With that the two left, the older me and his Shadow Man as I turned around to see my own, sitting down next to where I originally sat but was much skinnier than the other one and somehow getting across a "big smile" expression without actually having a face.

That was the end of my dream.

Now before that I was feeling like that. However you may describe that feeling. The feeling that I will inevitably turn into a monster. The feeling that I may already be a monster. The dream just solidified it in my mind. I am afraid now more than I hate and more than I am angry I am fearful. I am afraid I will eventually hurt somebody if I don't keep the Shadow Man in check. I am afraid that I am losing my mind. I haven't seen much of The Shadow Man recently but occasionally I will feel his presents around me, most recently I felt him behind me as I was walking through my hallway.

I don't know what to do anymore really. All I can do, all that I haven't tried is ignoring it and it still tries forcing itself into my mind.

Other hauntings by Emilio

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emilio, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
This is very concerning to me. You may have already done so, but I would suggest seeking a counselor you trust, whether it be through a pastor or an established counseling service. You mentioned having intense feelings of anger and depression. Because I'm not familiar with your personal history or background, I can't make any assumptions about any situations or people who may have led to your feeling hurt or angry and subsequently depressed.

I also want to encourage you that even though our dreams seems scary or "crazy," there can sometimes be hidden meanings within them, especially when we are going through a difficult time physically, emotionally, or spiritually. I would encourage you to share these dreams with someone you trust, such as a counselor, who may have more insight into what may be the cause of some of these dreams. Sometimes our dreams are just plain weird and off the wall, but other times I believe they are our subconscious' way of telling us something.

It could be that because you are feeling so angry and depressed that you feel you are losing control (the old, dilapidated house; the old, scraggly "you"). Uncontrollable anger and feelings of depression can cause fear because our thoughts go in directions we would never think possible. This could be the cause of seeing the Shadow Man while awake and while dreaming because your thoughts have taken a darker turn than what you are used to.

Please, please, please seek the advice of a counselor who can help you work through this one on one. And please keep us updated on how things are going. I'm not trying to say that what you are experiencing is not paranormal, but our minds are very powerful and it is extremely surprising what we can create.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
Emiilo:
Seek therapy immediately.
-Biblio

50 character minimum? Grrrrr.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Hi Emilio
Thanks for sharing. I'm no expert on anything but I have a few clues so maybe I can help?
You wrote: "When I was a child a shadow figure has been stalking me and causing me to be very angry and violent as well" This could be a case of the chicken or the egg; What came first? It could be that a negative entity has attached itself to you and is impressing / influencing you which may be the cause of the anger and hatred.

Or...you have these feelings inside of you already (for whatever reason) I've never met you and have no idea of your upbringing or personal history, but it could be this entity is attracted to you because of these feelings you have?

You say you have tried "everything" to stop hating. Can I ask; what steps have you taken personally to address these intense feelings of anger and hatred? I suggest it may be of benefit to you to perhaps seek out some counselling / therapy? With professional assistance you may be able to get to the root cause or where these feelings come from and you hopefully can receive some assistance?

In the mean-time, as hard as it can seem, try and remain positive, because I believe the better you feel about yourself, and the more you can accept yourself "warts and all" you will find it easier to accept, and feel more positive about others.

Take Care

Make
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Emilio- I'm going to throw my two cents worth in here and Miracles diary entry is what got my two cents rolling around in my head. You said "all that you haven't tried is ignoring it". Have you recently started trying to ignore it? I think on a sub-conscious level you've found the answer to getting rid of the shadow man. Ignoring it. Which would make it weaker which could be why you haven't seen much of the shadow man lately. The deaths in your dream could be the death of the shadow man.

I hope some of this makes sense to you. My advice is to open your windows, let the sun shine in, tell yourself everyday that you are a good person and ignore, ignore, ignore the life out of the shadow man.
Mystic25 (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
I agree with Miricales51031, maybe it is your subconscious trying to tell you something. You said when the Shadow Man is around you feel angry, is it possible that it could be a thought form you have unknowingly created out of anger that maybe you suppressed for a long time? Or anger that you are trying to ignore is demanding to be faced in a different way. Anger and fear are two very strong and can sometimes be controlling emotions. We can't ignore them forever, the only other thing I could make of this is a spirit that takes the form of a shadow and feeds off anger. Hence tries to provoke you to anger to make it stronger. It's really hard to say without knowing You personally. While I'm not saying its what's going on it could be plausible. I wish you the best in this situation.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
Emilio - I honestly hesitated before I published this simply because I'm not sure, personally, that it is paranormal. But we all have differing opinions and if I'm wrong, hopefully someone else can help you.

The only thing I want to say is this, and you may toss it aside as not applicable in your case, but I'm going to share it anyway. I have a teenage son who taught me something a couple years ago that others may find as interesting as I did. And maybe you can relate. The following is copied from my Journal:

10/05 Saturday night I had an interesting conversation with Dalton about a nightmare he had about a "black shadow." He said he saw the black shadow in his dream and it really scared him. I asked him to describe it and when he said it was wearing a coat, it seriously peaked my attention. Before I could ask if the shadow was wearing a hat, Dalton said it was in his dream the next night too. (This would have been Thursday and Friday nights.) Here comes the interesting part from my point of view.

Dalton said, "Mom, the second time he didn't scare me because I figured out who he was." Okay...? Dalton said, "It was me, Mom." Huh?! He then explained to me that he believed the black shadow to be one of his personality traits. Now, I can't remember whether he said it was strength, courage, his fear, or which it was, but the fact that Dalton believed this black shadow to be himself, that he created this being in his dream seriously impressed me. We have never discussed the Shadow Man, not like this. I'm not even sure if he saw Ginny's picture of the Shadow Man.

I told him that maybe he had something he needed to learn about himself. And he said, "You know, Mom, that is what I thought." He's a very interesting boy sometimes. End of Journal entry.

(Note: Ginny is zzsgranny)

As I said, you may think this doesn't pertain to you at all. But it is interesting to realize what our minds are capable of.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-18)
It seems you don't wish to hurt anyone, which is a good thing. You also seem to fear that you're weaker than this evil entity. Seeking help from someone spiritually wise is the best thing for you to do right now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: