You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Spirit In The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit In The Cemetery

 

My story is located in my village in Thessalia area about 20 years ago, when me and my 2 cousins went to the cemetery to lit a candle to their father's bones. In Greece we have a storage in the cemetery (which I don't know how they call it in English) where we keep, if we want, the bones of the dead people, so someone can go and lit candles, what we went too for. While one of my cousins and I were inside the storage in order to lit up our candles suddenly the door closed with a terrible noise. (I want to say that it was a sunny and without wind day and that the storage's door opened to the interior of the room). Our candles blown away and we stood in the dark without seeing anything. We were terrified and we tried to open the door which looked stuck. We both tried to opened it but we couldn't.

Eventually, with a lot of effort from both of us and the help of my other cousin that was standing outside also petrified, opened. After that we ran like the wind to my home and we told our parents, whom of course didn't believe us, the story and we never went to that room again. I don't know what was it but until now I am too scared to go alone or with company in there and its a place that always give me the creeps. The most important is that my cousin that was inside with me that day, died a few years later aτ the age of seventeen of meningitis. I don't know if that was coincidence but I can't stop thinking that maybe it was a message from her father in order to warn her about her being in danger.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Isida1980, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Well, be it a gust of wind, faulty hinges or angry ghost, either way, that experience would be a gusset-filler, no doubt about it!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Isida: thanks for your reply, it makes your experience more mysterious and hard to explain. Including as many details as possible when narrating a story helps the reader to better understand what really happened and prevents further questions and unnecessary assumptions.

I am sure it was scary to be locked in that place but, -hey!- you sure have a great story to share for the rest of your life! 😊
Isida1980 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-25)
Well thanks for the answer lady-glow. For your information, the door wasn't rusty and the lock was pretty fine. Also the floor had gravel and it was really difficult for the door to close. I don't know what to believe, but if you had lived the incident you would also be scary, trust me. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
There's too little information in your story to decide if it's paranormal in nature.

Perhaps the old door's hinges were rusty and the lock sticky? I guess it would have been a good idea to spend some time checking the door's mechanism, although I don't think you guys would have liked to do it... A cemetery is not a chemistry lab!

It is my opinion that the sad and untimely passing of your cousin had nothing to do with the incident at the cemetery, since it didn't happen right away.

Nice reading.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: